Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gene Smith and his effect on the current regime.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Oh how quickly we forget. http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/11/9/3...guars-news

That is an article that was wrote in 2012. It is now 2014. After 2 drafts by GM Dave Caldwell, the Jaguars have gone 4-12, and are now 1-10 and are in real contention for the #1 pick in the draft. This franchise is building from the ground, literally, the ground, up.

If you'd kindly take a look at the link I provided, you can see Gene Smith had a .153 batting average. Gene Smith was so bad at drafting players, he hit on 4/26 players in his time as General Manager. No game changers. He was no better in Free Agency, either.

F/A Signings:

2009 - Holt, Tra, Thomas, Considine.

2010 - Kampman, Osgood, Keiaho.

2011 - Poz, Roth, Landre, Session, Coleman, Turk.

2012 - Robinson, Ross.

I don't know about you, but that makes me puke. This is going to take time, and this is the reason. I don't know if Bradley is the guy or not. None of us do. But nobody can be the guy until David Caldwell starts funneling the talent into the roster. Nobody would win with this roster.

Session was good, but the dudes concussions is what did him on this team.  He made the LB core better when he was out there.

Quote:Oh how quickly we forget. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/11/9/3622420/fire-gene-smith-jaguars-news'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/11/9/3622420/fire-gene-smith-jaguars-news</a>

That is an article that was wrote in 2012. It is now 2014. After 2 drafts by GM Dave Caldwell, the Jaguars have gone 4-12, and are now 1-10 and are in real contention for the #1 pick in the draft. This franchise is building from the ground, literally, the ground, up.

If you'd kindly take a look at the link I provided, you can see Gene Smith had a .153 batting average. Gene Smith was so bad at drafting players, he hit on 4/26 players in his time as General Manager. No game changers. He was no better in Free Agency, either.

F/A Signings:

2009 - Holt, Tra, Thomas, Considine.

2010 - Kampman, Osgood, Keiaho.

2011 - Poz, Roth, Landre, Session, Coleman, Turk.

2012 - Robinson, Ross.

I don't know about you, but that makes me puke. This is going to take time, and this is the reason. I don't know if Bradley is the guy or not. None of us do. But nobody can be the guy until David Caldwell starts funneling the talent into the roster. Nobody would win with this roster.

Well said. I want to type this out every time read something but people still won't understand

We have no talent besides what Caldwell has accumulated. However talented they are, we are indeed starting from NOTHING

I think Gus is doing great a great job. He's keeping the spirits of the team up. And as of right now that is his job because of the lack of talent there isn't much to do
Yes but you are dismissing the release of Monroe and Daryl Smith which were NFL caliber starters.

Add in that Joeckel may or may not be a starting caliber LT and Cyp and Gratz are definitely backup/ST caliber players it's not looking too good for Caldwell.

We are too far in with Caldwell to make excuses.  This rebuild was going to be tough but I don't think Caldwell has done much to help.

Quote:Well said. I want to type this out every time read something but people still won't understand

We have no talent besides what Caldwell has accumulated. However talented they are, we are indeed starting from NOTHING

I think Gus is doing great a great job. He's keeping the spirits of the team up. And as of right now that is his job because of the lack of talent there isn't much to do

You guys are letting Caldwell off the hook.  He hasn't done anything to prove he's above average much less an average GM yet.
Quote:Yes but you are dismissing the release of Monroe and Daryl Smith which were NFL caliber starters.

Add in that Joeckel may or may not be a starting caliber LT and Cyp and Gratz are definitely backup/ST caliber players it's not looking too good for Caldwell.

We are too far in with Caldwell to make excuses.  This rebuild was going to be tough but I don't think Caldwell has done much to help.

How do you give up on Joeckel, Cyp, and Gratz when they are only in their second year? You seriously make no sense and it makes you look so stupid when you people say things like this. It's right in front of your face.

Monroe/Smith wouldn't help us win many games. Stop.

This is Dave's team.

All the players pretty much are players he picked or signed.

We're almost 2 years into the complete rebuild. 

Ask yourself this question:

Was our 2013 team more talented than the 2012 team?

Is our 2014 team more talented than the 2013 team? 

If the answer is a yes, then why is our record so bad?  If the answer is yes, then the coaching staff needs to go.

If the answer is no, then Dave needs to go.
Gus isn't the guy.

Give me some reasons why he is. Any reasons.

The roster excuse is bull. The team is constantly outcoached and has proven to struggle with game plans and that's a problem. Better coaching over the last two seasons would have this team better than they are.

It's not just the record. That speaks for itself but it's also the product on the field.

I get it, the roster isn't the best. I totally get that but it's compounded by horrible, inexperienced and flat out incompetent coaching. I have no qualm with Bradley as a person but the guy sucks as a head coach.
Quote:Yes but you are dismissing the release of Monroe and Daryl Smith which were NFL caliber starters.

We are too far in with Caldwell to make excuses. This rebuild was going to be tough but I don't think Caldwell has done much to help.

All these players have shown flashes. They can't make up for the man next to them sucking

McCray is a baller

Marks is a beast

Telvin is a stud

Robinson was a steal

Clemons Bryant SAVED the season by providing some stability at a position group... We would be horrendous without them

Caldwell has done fine... He's a first year GM leave him alone.... Bradley is everything we could ask for in a coach.

Go read a book and stop complaining about the team. We know it's not where you want it. Enjoy your day
Quote:Well said. I want to type this out every time read something but people still won't understand

Just stop, please. Gus is NOT doing a great job. I don't care about the players spirits. They should be focused on winning games and executing plays. Only 1 team gets a trophy in this league. Gus can take his cheerleading else where and let the men coach an NFL team.
Quote:This is Dave's team.

If the answer is a yes, then why is our record so bad?  If the answer is yes, then the coaching staff needs to go.

LOL. FIRING DAVID CALDWELL? LOOOOOOL.
Quote:Gus isn't the guy.

Give me some reasons why he is. Any reasons.

The roster excuse is bull. The team is constantly outcoached and has proven to struggle with game plans and that's a problem. Better coaching over the last two seasons would have this team better than they are.

It's not just the record. That speaks for itself but it's also the product on the field.

I get it, the roster isn't the best. I totally get that but it's compounded by horrible, inexperienced and flat out incompetent coaching. I have no qualm with Bradley as a person but the guy sucks as a head coach.

These are not excuses. These are cold hard facts that you refuse to accept.
Quote:This is Dave's team.

at this point I agree, this is Dave's team, he choose to blow it up and it's not even close to working. I'll give him one more year but I suspect based on what we've seen so far at this time next year it'll be safe to say Dave is a problem.
Quote:How do you give up on Joeckel, Cyp, and Gratz when they are only in their second year? You seriously make no sense and it makes you look so stupid when you people say things like this. It's right in front of your face.

Monroe/Smith wouldn't help us win many games. Stop.

I didn't say give up....

But Joeckel is a big question mark and the arrow for Cyp and Gratz is very clearly pointing down.

I'm glad to see people are drunk on the Teal Kool Aid here.
Quote:You guys are letting Caldwell off the hook. He hasn't done anything to prove he's above average much less an average GM yet.

Hitting on multiple draft picks doesn't show he's good enough?

We are bad. Some players on this team wouldn't have been in practice squads

We're changing the culture where good players want to play here and come here

They know what they are doing.

Fisch sucks. Yes he will get the boot. Or maybe it's all just catering to a young inexperienced team and with another draft to supply talent where it's much needed we can open the playbook... And our rookies this year on offense will be improving

We're exactly where we should be. You're all just mad.
Quote:These are not excuses. These are cold hard facts that you refuse to accept.

I'm not the one refusing to accept anything. It's borderline impossible to have a discussion with you.
Quote:I didn't say give up....

But Joeckel is a big question mark and the arrow for Cyp and Gratz is very clearly pointing down.

I'm glad to see people are drunk on the Teal Kool Aid here.

EVERY SINGLE ROOKIE IS A QUESTION MARK DIPPY.
We had Daryl Smith, Eugene Monroe, Pot Roast... those three guys would be team captains on this team.

Let's not pretend that this team had absolutely 0 talent.  Those 3 guys would be among the better players on this team.

Also, we seriously missed on Brandon Marshall. 
Quote:All these players have shown flashes. They can't make up for the man next to them sucking

McCray is a baller

Marks is a beast

Telvin is a stud

Robinson was a steal

Clemons Bryant SAVED the season by providing some stability at a position group... We would be horrendous without them

Caldwell has done fine... He's a first year GM leave him alone.... Bradley is everything we could ask for in a coach.

Go read a book and stop complaining about the team. We know it's not where you want it. Enjoy your day
Saved what damn season?  WE ARE ONE AND TEN. 

WE ARE HORRENDOUS. 

And he is a second yr GM. 

Quote:I'm not the one refusing to accept anything. It's borderline impossible to have a discussion with you.

You are. You said stop using the roster as an excuse. It's not an excuse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14