Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dave Caldwell Is No Longer Your GM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Congratulations Tom Coughlin, he is now the eyes and ears of the front office. Anything Caldwell does has to get passed by the board (Coughlin). As of right now, Tom Coughlin is the new Jaguars GM. Not sure exactly how drafting and FA acquisitions will go, but be sure, any move Caldwell makes has to be okayed by Tom Coughlin. 

Wow. You really have some issues with Caldwell.  LOL. 

He's gonna pull a John Elway and get rid of Bortles. Just like Elway got rid of Tebow.
Tom has the final say on draft picks and free agency signings. Caldwell has been demoted basically.
Quote:Congratulations Tom Coughlin, he is now the eyes and ears of the front office. Anything Caldwell does has to get passed by the board (Coughlin). As of right now, Tom Coughlin is the new Jaguars GM. Not sure exactly how drafting and FA acquisitions will go, but be sure, any move Caldwell makes has to be okayed by Tom Coughlin.

I'm waiting for them to lay out how the structure is going to work before I believe that to be the case.
Quote:Congratulations Tom Coughlin, he is now the eyes and ears of the front office. Anything Caldwell does has to get passed by the board (Coughlin). As of right now, Tom Coughlin is the new Jaguars GM. Not sure exactly how drafting and FA acquisitions will go, but be sure, any move Caldwell makes has to be okayed by Tom Coughlin. 

I love your newfound angst against Dave. Glad you finally saw the light on how awful this guy is.
Quote:Wow. You really have some issues with Caldwell.  LOL. 
Not true at all. Im just pointing out the obvious. Coughlin is essentially your new GM. Any move Caldwell makes has to be okayed by Coughlin. That was my point. Nothing about Caldwell. 
Quote:Tom has the final say on draft picks and free agency signings. Caldwell has been demoted basically.
That was my point. Caldwell is just the face of the personnel department. 
You have absolutely no idea whether this statement is even true.

Quote:Not true at all. Im just pointing out the obvious. Coughlin is essentially your new GM. Any move Caldwell makes has to be okayed by Coughlin. That was my point. Nothing about Caldwell. 

"pointing out the obvious"  = "making things up"  in this instance. 

Have fun with that. 
Quote:You have absolutely no idea whether this statement is even true.
Yes I do. Your not living in reality. Tom Coughlin is THE guy. You dont hire that, nor would he accept a job without control. Caldwell will have a boss now, that he directly responds too and has to get everything approved. 
Quote:"pointing out the obvious"  = "making things up"  in this instance. 

Have fun with that. 
Really? I dont think so, the signs are on the wall. 
So... say hello to Salary Cap hell again?

(I kid, I kid.)

Quote:Yes I do. Your not living in reality. Tom Coughlin is THE guy. You dont hire that, nor would he accept a job without control. Caldwell will have a boss now, that he directly responds too and has to get everything approved.

I agree. Coughlin is the man. THE MAYNE
O yes....Tom Coughlin will have the final say. Silly to think otherwise. 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DanHicken'>Dan Hicken ‏@DanHicken </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DanHicken/status/818585622482817024' title="5:29 PM - 9 Jan 2017">7m7 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">am told that head coach and gm will answer to vp of football operations...fyi....

Quote:Really? I dont think so, the signs are on the wall. 

No, they really aren't.  You're just connecting dots that aren't actually tied together because of your dislike of Dave Caldwell. 
Quote:No, they really aren't.  You're just connecting dots that aren't actually tied together because of your dislike of Dave Caldwell. 

You may love Caldwell, but the fact of the matter is, the organization doesn't make this move if they 100% trust Caldwell.
Quote:No, they really aren't.  You're just connecting dots that aren't actually tied together because of your dislike of Dave Caldwell. 
Read above. I love you man, I respect you, just saying, this was a hire to get things turned around. Caldwell is still the GM, I'm not arguing that, he just has a boss now, thats all. 
Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Dan Hicken ‏@DanHicken  7m7 minutes ago

am told that head coach and gm will answer to vp of football operations...fyi....

</div>
There is a new sheriff in town his name is Tom! 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14