Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The 'Bank want you to sit down. Jags send letters to section asking for fans to be considerate of others.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Just saw a photo on a facebook page of a letter saying there have been excessive complaints of standing in section 142 during preseason and to stand with the flow of the game. Thoughts?

Is that the BCB section?
I never understood standing up the WHOLE game...It doesn't make you yell louder or the stadium more noisy does it?
I sit in 116, second row.  We stand on third downs, or maybe 2nd and 3rd downs when the defense has them pinned back to the goal line.  It's loud, and the players love it.  If you tell me to sit down on 3rd down when they're on my side of the field, you're gonna get told to go pound sand.

It's stupid but, it makes you more of a fan apparently...

Quote:I sit in 116, second row.  We stand on third downs, or maybe 2nd and 3rd downs when the defense has them pinned back to the goal line.  It's loud, and the players love it.  If you tell me to sit down on 3rd down when they're on my side of the field, you're gonna get told to go pound sand.
Right, there is an ebb and flow with the game. You can't help but jump up some plays, you are supposed to stand and be rowdy on 3rd down but, for the Roar dancing? The fools in the balls, or the guy trying to catch the punts...no need to stand for that.
Quote:Right, there is an ebb and flow with the game. You can't help but jump up some plays, you are supposed to stand and be rowdy on 3rd down but, for the Roar dancing? The fools in the balls, or the guy trying to catch the punts...no need to stand for that.

Exactly. I'm barely over five foot, when everyone is standing up in front of me I might as well just stay home because I can't see a thing.
Quote:Exactly. I'm barely over five foot, when everyone is standing up in front of me I might as well just stay home because I can't see a thing.
Yeah, there was some clown in the NEZ that refused to sit between plays and stuff during timeouts. Had an elderly couple behind him and was just a complete wanker. 

There's no need for it, it's stupid. You want to stand all game, go to the BudZone. 
Quote:Yeah, there was some clown in the NEZ that refused to sit between plays and stuff during timeouts. Had an elderly couple behind him and was just a complete wanker. 

There's no need for it, it's stupid. You want to stand all game, go to the BudZone. 

Yeah, for sure.  I don't agree with standing all game at all.  There's no point in that, but standing and cheering is part of all sports.  I've been to many college games where I never sat down once, not because I wanted to stand, but because everyone was standing.  

There isn't a whole lot to stand for anyways at this point.  You're gonna hear plenty of boos if they play like this next weekend.
No one will even be there to sit down if they keep playing like they do.

Quote:Right, there is an ebb and flow with the game. You can't help but jump up some plays, you are supposed to stand and be rowdy on 3rd down but, for the Roar dancing?
The fools in the balls, or the guy trying to catch the punts...no need to stand for that.

That may be the only thing worth standing for, tbh.
They'll be sitting it just won't be at the Bank.

Quote:I never understood standing up the WHOLE game...It doesn't make you yell louder or the stadium more noisy does it?

I understand your point, but it just doesn't feel right screaming while sitting.
3rd downs and other critical situations are typically enough for me to stand.  It does shock me sometimes when people around me don't stand and cheer on big third downs.  Playoff implications change the rules, but we don't need to worry about that. 

Quote:I understand your point, but it just doesn't feel right screaming while sitting.

I don't have a problem standing at a pivotal point in the game at all. I just have a problem with the ones that just stand up the whole game and usually aren't cheering the whole time they're up.

There are short people like me, older people that can't stand up the whole time...I'm just saying be polite to the people around you and everyone can enjoy the game. :yes:
If they play like they did today, anyone who wants to stand all game is more than welcome to come stand in front of me.

But seriously, just don't stand DURING the play, unless its a big 3rd/4th down when everyone else will be standing anyway. Ive been doing this since the beginning and have never been told to sit down.

Quote:Yeah, there was some clown in the NEZ that refused to sit between plays and stuff during timeouts. Had an elderly couple behind him and was just a complete wanker. 

We had one of those morons in front of us. Wasn't worth getting thrown out to smack him, but we all wanted to.
Quote:Just saw a photo on a facebook page of a letter saying there have been excessive complaints of standing in section 142 during preseason and to stand with the flow of the game. Thoughts?
With how poorly this team is playing I doubt there will be many reasons to stand up
Quote:Exactly. I'm barely over five foot, when everyone is standing up in front of me I might as well just stay home because I can't see a thing.

They are doing you a favor.

Ha, this is so lame. There are a block of fans, probably 10 wide, 5-7 rows deep. Very rowdy, very loud, and yes they do all stand up all game. I sit right beside them on the other side of the aisle. I know a lot of people would be annoyed by it, but it is usually away fans that sit behind them that complain.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12