Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rate Your President
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
The first poll in the new political selection. Have at it.
Quote:The first poll in the new political selection. Have at it.

Not good. He spent all of his early political capital on obamacare instead of single payer and after that he's been opposed by a Do-Nothing republican congress that stopped the country for being able to implement any legislation to actually help people.

So for what he did do, it was garbage, I'd like to think he'd have done more things that were better if he had a cooperative republican party across the aisle willing to take his hand, but who knows.
Quote:Not good. He spent all of his early political capital on obamacare instead of single payer and after that he's been opposed by a Do-Nothing republican congress that stopped the country for being able to implement any legislation to actually help people.

So for what he did do, it was garbage, I'd like to think he'd have done more things that were better if he had a cooperative republican party across the aisle willing to take his hand, but who knows.

We don't want single payer, Obamacare is bad enough as we're seeing every single day that passes. Thank diety the American people woke up and gave the House back to the opposition party, now this year they'll give the Senate back and we'll be where we need to be: gridlock. I'm tired of these idiots who can't make living outside the political or academic world thinking they can micromanage our health, diet, savings. I support the sacred American right to be left the Hell alone.
Quote:Not good. He spent all of his early political capital on obamacare instead of single payer and after that he's been opposed by a Do-Nothing republican congress that stopped the country for being able to implement any legislation to actually help people.

I absolutely love this argument.  By a cooperative republican party, you mean one that bends to his wishes, right?  Because any time I see this "do nothing" congress, it's usually a label attached to only 1/2 of the congress.  The house has actually done quite a bit, passing budgets and other legislation that has been sitting on the Senate Majority Leader's desk.  Oddly enough, he's NOT a republican, but you knew that.  The Senate has been a bigger roadblock than the house, but let's just ignore that to run cover for your guy, right?

From day 1 of his presidency, there's never been a legitimate attempt to work with republicans.  His entire focus has been on dividing them.  During the heat of the ObamaCare debate, he made it clear that there wouldn't be any concessions coming from his administration.  Heck, look a his signature piece of legislation, and you see a program that was completely put together, rammed through congress, and only supported by democrats.  That has worked out splendidly so far. 

We'll also just ignore the pesky little fact that for the first 2 years of his administration, he could do pretty much anything he wanted with majorities in BOTH houses of congress, and he decided to go all in with ObamaCare, foregoing all other issues in favor of his beloved, all knowing government taking control of 1/6 of our economy.  There were other much bigger issues he could have tackled, but he chose this one, while ignoring things like unemployment, energy independence, immigration reform, or a host of other missed opportunities.  Between ObamaCare and blaming Bush for everything, that pretty much encapsulates his entire presidency to date, unless you want to toss in the fact that this administration loves to call themselves a force for unity as they go out and target individuals and organizations with the full force of the government.  For being such a unifying presence, he sure knows how to divide a nation. 

As far as "single payer" goes, judging from what a tremendous job they've done with the implementation of ObamaCare so far, we're fortunate he didn't get what he really wanted.  It's already a colossal failure.  That would just add an exclamation point to the ineptitude that is the Obama administration. 

Jimmy Carter probably sends Barry a thank you card every day for making his presidency look not so bad in comparison. 

So what are the failings of 'obamacare' exactly?
Quote:So what are the failings of 'obamacare' exactly?
Seriously? 

Keep your doctor.....no

Your premiums will go down....no

State of the art website to enroll people.....no

If you like your coverage, you can keep your coverage....no.

They supposedly enrolled 8 million people through the healthcare.gov website.  The problem is that fully 1/3 had such fatal errors in their applications that the federal government may never be able to fix them.  Ineligibles enrolled in the healthcare program, and because there was no method to verify this, they were allowed to do so.  Now it's being reported that a good portion of those who enrolled who fall into that 1/3 category were actually illegal aliens who signed up for coverage. 

The list goes on and on and on.  ObamaCare has been an unmitigated disaster, and it's only just getting started.  They've delayed provisions in the law until after the next election that would prove devastating if they'd allowed them to remain, including the employer mandate.  They've doled out exemptions to their political allies like the labor unions exempting them from the program, but those have time constraints on them, and they're starting to expire.  When the employee mandate kicks in next year, the millions who lost their coverage this year as a result of ObamaCare will pale in comparison with what's going to happen then. 

Quote: 

Jimmy Carter probably sends Barry a thank you card every day for making his presidency look not so bad in comparison. 

Having lived through the Carter Administration and survived, I'd have to agree with this statement
Quote:Having lived through the Carter Administration and survived, I'd have to agree with this statement
As did I, albeit as a young critter.  Still, I saw the struggles and sacrifices my parents had to make because of inept leadership. 
Obama is doing exactly what he was sent to do by the globalist, destroy the American economy by any means necessary and set up the need for a global currency.

The only reason I wouldn't want him to resign is because president Biden terrifies me.

You want single payer go north to Canada and find out how great it is.
Quote:Obama is doing exactly what he was sent to do by the globalist, destroy the American economy by any means necessary and set up the need for a global currency.

The only reason I wouldn't want him to resign is because president Biden terrifies me.
Biden would be comic relief for 2 1/2 years.  He'd be incapable of doing anything other than putting his foot into his mouth repeatedly, putting those capped teeth at risk. 

That being said, Obama isn't going anywhere.  He's not giving up the trappings of the office any time soon regardless of how bored he is with the job. His wife would beat him to death if he did. 

Worst thing to happen to America, ever, period.

I didn't think presidents actually set any agenda more so than do what they're told, or they'd get their retirement papers like Kennedy did. 

Quote:I didn't think presidents actually set any agenda more so than do what they're told, or they'd get their retirement papers like Kennedy did. 

This is very true, Presidents are just puppets for the elites. Obama was sent in to finish what Bush started, take down the American Economy to set up a global currency. 

Quote:This is very true, Presidents are just puppets for the elites. Obama was sent in to finish what Bush started, take down the American Economy to set up a global currency. 
Hoover + Roosevelt in the 1930's = Bush + Obama in the late 2000's. Two Presidents who attacked their predecessors, all the while by carrying out the same policies as they did but on a far greater scale.
Obama could have the cure for cancer and this congress wouldn't pass it.
Can anyone explain how the S&P has literally doubled under Obama, yet the economy is on the tank? I am serious. I don't fully understand how that can be. I always thought the S&P was a barometer of how the market was performing. Where is the economy major that can shed some light? I have asked others about this and not gotten anything that makes sense to me.
Quote:Obama is doing exactly what he was sent to do by the globalist, destroy the American economy by any means necessary and set up the need for a global currency.

This is from Comedy Central, correct?

I was waiting for something about the Trilateral Commission or something of that sort. Never gets old.
Quote:Can anyone explain how the S&P has literally doubled under Obama, yet the economy is on the tank? I am serious. I don't fully understand how that can be. I always thought the S&P was a barometer of how the market was performing. Where is the economy major that can shed some light? I have asked others about this and not gotten anything that makes sense to me.

To understand the Why you need to understand the How.

How the market works that will help you understand why it goes up and down. The S&P is based upon the ability to invest and for investors to receive a return, therefore the S&P will always be up when capital is injected into the market place, it doesn't matter where that capital comes from just that it is simply there. Under Obama and Bush starting after 2008 you saw Federal manipulation of the markets, interest rates have been kept at historical lows and QE Unlimited is being used to literally print money for the sole purpose of injecting capital into the market place.

the problem and you'll find this in any major publication is when the Federal Reserve stops printing money to inject capital into the market place it will create a huge vacuum that will inevitable drop trade and investments lowering the S&P. The alternative is to continue printing money at unprecedented levels which will create inflation. It's being argued in many circles that the Fed wants inflation it will hurt the average citizen but it significantly reduces the burden on the Fed in the form of foreign loans we owe. China is getting wise to this trick and started investing heavily in Gold a couple years ago, thus the surge in Gold.

It's what happened in 2008, for nearly a decade the Feds propped up the Sub-Prime Mortgage industry through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, once the money couldn't be shuffled anymore and the loans began to fail the market crashed. 

Right now the S&P is a ticking time bomb, my advice to anyone still in the markets is to take your lumps pay the penalties and get out. Whats coming will make 2008 look like child's play. 
Quote:Can anyone explain how the S&P has literally doubled under Obama, yet the economy is on the tank? I am serious. I don't fully understand how that can be. I always thought the S&P was a barometer of how the market was performing. Where is the economy major that can shed some light? I have asked others about this and not gotten anything that makes sense to me.

By "economy in the tank" what do you mean? High unemployment, stagnant hiring?

Companies can still be making money and thus be a good stock buy. They are currently hoarding money and not expanding, primarily due to uncertainty about fiscal policy, etc. But they are making money. 

Thus the stock market and "the economy" are not the same thing.

At least, that's my take.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15