Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How good is Chad Henne?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Brand new Jags fan here. I live in Birmingham so I don't have a team within 2 hours of me. I've become a bit of a draft geek recently and have become very interested in the Jaguars. I've watched most of the 2013 season on NFL GameRewind.

I am impressed with Chad Henne. He was noticeably better than Gabbert IMO. I could see an improved line and a few additions at receiver making this offense quite good.

What do y'all think of Henne?
He's not good.

Noticeably better than Gabbert isn't something I'm looking for in a qb. Chenne is fine as a backup and spot starter but, nothing more.

I watched Henne too many times last year kill us in the 4th quarter by throwing interceptions to start a drive. 

He's serviceable. That's the best way to put it. Not good, not the worst. 

With a bad line and no weapons I agree. How would he be with an improved supporting cast?

I would be fearful of drafting another qb as high as 3 and putting them behind a weak line and with below average receivers. Recipe for disaster
Henne's gonna set records this season.. It's all part of his master plan.. Like Desert Storm.. He's been laying in wait, like a deadly pit viper sizing up his prey.  Now the moment is upon us.. Prepare to witness, The Shock and Awe..

The line will be fine this year and so will the receivers. Still need someone better. If teddy slides I think he will be the pick otherwise someone like Aaron murray or mettenburger will get the call.
I like Murray better than Mettenberger. I've become a big admirer of Murray's after watching him for 4 years against AU.

Tom Savage is an interesting guy as well.
Quote:Henne's gonna set records this season.. It's all part of his master plan.. Like Desert Storm.. He's been laying in wait, like a deadly pit viper sizing up his prey. Now the moment is upon us.. Prepare to witness, The Shock and Awe..
Henne = Ropeadope?
Quote:Henne = Ropeadope?

You got it.. 
If he was on Sea this year they would have lost in the NFC title game. 

Quote:I like Murray better than Mettenberger. I've become a big admirer of Murray's after watching him for 4 years against AU.

Tom Savage is an interesting guy as well.
Tom Savage SUCKS. 

Media hype.. I think he payed them off. 
Quote:He's serviceable. That's the best way to put it. Not good, not the worst. 
I would agree 100% with this assessment. He's an ideal backup because he's competent as a passer, but he's not a long-term starting candidate because he's just competent as a passer.
The Hennenator cometh...
Henne's biggest problem, IMHO, is his bipolar playing streaks. He goes from good Henne to WTH Henne in a flash. There's no small mental mistakes with him. He starts throwing the ball to whoever wants to catch it.
Chad is the FUTUREEEEE.
Better than Cleo Lemon and Quinn Gray..  Smile

Henne is a servicable vet. The talent level seems to be rising each year, so that is good news for Chad.  Still need to find a long term fit at the QB spot.

Chad sucks.  Anybody who tells you different is stuck in the same mentality we all had with Gabbert.  "His line is bad.  He doesn't have weapons.  He didn't get reps before."  It's all BS.  He sucks, plain and simple.

He's going to be most improved player this upcoming season, a Kurt Warner type season, Super Bowl.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14