Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So Andrew Luck is just above-average
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
The guy holds onto the ball forever and stares down his receivers. Why is he considered a God-like QB?

The answer you seek is in the victories of the team.

Without Andrew Luck or another QB close to his caliber,  the Colts would be in sad shape.  Tennessee would be running away with the AFC South.
Tennessee aren't good enough to be running away with anything
Jack of all trades ...
lol

Much like Richardson, he has no strengths but no weaknesses either & by the end of their careers will both be deemed busts
Quote:Much like Richardson, he has no strengths but no weaknesses either & by the end of their careers will both be deemed busts

I disagree. He can shred prevent D's
Quote:Without Andrew Luck or another QB close to his caliber,  the Colts would be in sad shape.  Tennessee would be running away with the AFC South.
 We beat Tennessee. They aren't running away with anything.

Quote: We beat Tennessee. They aren't running away with anything.

In answer to what you and lastonalive expressed,  I'm basing my comment on the fact that Tennessee probably would have two wins against Indianapolis if the Colts had an average or below average QB.    That would have put them at 7-5 if everything else remained constant.   As well as Jacksonville is playing now,  including the win at Nashville to start the turnaround,  overcoming an 0-8 start is almost impossible under the current NFL playoff format.   Believe me,  I'm far from convinced that Tennessee is a legitimate playoff caliber team under much more normal circumstances.
Quote:The guy holds onto the ball forever and stares down his receivers. Why is he considered a God-like QB?

Who ever considered him that?  No one with any sense, I'm sure.  He's hasn't sniffed elite yet and isn't even the best QB from that class at this point.  
Quote:Who ever considered him that?  No one with any sense, I'm sure.  He's hasn't sniffed elite yet and isn't even the best QB from that class at this point.  

He is.  He is considered a top 5 elite QB by a huge amount of people, even well into his very average season.  Drew Roesenthol's QB index had him in the top 5 tier up (with manning, brees, brady) until yesterday.  And he still has him above Cam Newton.  I hear it all the time, people talk as if he's Peyton Manning and use his name as an example of a once in a lifetime player, and he just hasn't proven it yet. 
Luck is not living up to his draft hype. Not sure it was ever possible to do.

I've been saying this since he was at Stanford, seemed like he threw an awful lot of 4 yard passes to tight ends and backs.  He never really impressed me as becoming an elite passer.  That being said, he does have much better wheels than I thought and is elusive and decently mobile.  Just don't think you can put him in the ranks of Brady, Brees and Manning.

Are people aware of just how little Luck has on that offense?? His best WR option right now is a midget

Put Luck on the Jags with even our weapons and he's a 30 TD QB. 

Quote:Luck is not living up to his draft hype. Not sure it was ever possible to do.
The same will happen with teddy. Even peyton was not peyton manning elite when he came out but he got good fast. Only prospect since him that i think has the ability to become that elite play is Winston.
Quote:Are people aware of just how little Luck has on that offense?? His best WR option right now is a midget

Put Luck on the Jags with even our weapons and he's a 30 TD QB. 

That is odd. Brady seems to be doing just fine with WR's I had never heard of until this year.
Quote:That is odd. Brady seems to be doing just fine with WR's I had never heard of until this year.

He's doing 'good' but not his usual level of greatness.  The Patriots of old would be 11-1 right now, and have their division clinched already.
Luck is overrated, but that's because barely anyone could live up to those expectations.
If Andrew Luck was the starting QB of the Bengals instead of Andy Dalton,  with a full off-season of being with the team,  I would have make the Bengals the favorites to WIN the Super Bowl.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24