Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are we shopping Blackmon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
No. You don't trade breakout stud under 25 players. 

If Jags trade a WR it will be C3PO. 

They better not be. 

I sure hope not :unsure:

Trolololol
At least Florio is upfront in claiming PFT publishes rumors, because this is pure speculation at it's finest.
Is that a trick question?

This is Genes only good pick, but he comes with character risk. Still not worth a 1st unless it was the Giants first.

He is probably the most talented receiver ever drafted by the Jaguars and he is in his second year.  No, we are not shopping him.  If a team offered them two first round picks and some other trash picks they might think about it but other than something that looks like the Herschel Walker trade between Dallas and the Vikings I don't see it happening.

Quote:

No. You don't trade breakout stud under 25 players.

If Jags trade a WR it will be C3PO.
Quote:No had you actually read the thread I stated that Caldwell needs to make at least one more deal involving veteran(s) for picks by the deadline. I don't care which specific player it is or even what he gets in return at this point. But at 0-7 and rebuilding, he'd be mis-managing again, to simply stand pat. Theres enough contending teams out there with needs that some of our veterans could fill. A trade before then shouldn't be that hard to put together.

:whistling:
Quote: 

He is probably the most talented receiver ever drafted by the Jaguars and he is in his second year.  No, we are not shopping him.  If a team offered them two first round picks and some other trash picks they might think about it but other than something that looks like the Herschel Walker trade between Dallas and the Vikings I don't see it happening.

You state your opinion as fact like you work in the Jags front office. Truth be told, nobody on here knows if we are really shopping him.
Quote: :whistling:

Is JB really a "veteran"?
Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...y-tuesday/

I'd trade Blackmon, but only for a really good deal, and by really good deal I mean at least a high first rounder. He's a great player but he represents massive risk thanks to his status in the NFL drug program.
Quote: :whistling:

duh....Blackmon is untouchable. 

Don't be stupid. 
Quote:duh....Blackmon is untouchable. 

Don't be stupid. 

If DC trades JB, at least that lets us know what our future holds. We will be really great, or really bad. No in-between.
Quote:I'd trade Blackmon, but only for a really good deal, and by really good deal I mean at least a high first rounder. He's a great player but he represents massive risk thanks to his status in the NFL drug program.

I wouldn't even deal Blackmon in exchange for a Julio Jones type return at this point. 

When you find special talents like him you don't give them up. 

As said, if the Jags are going to trade a WR it will be the lesser C3PO, not Blackmon. 
I wouldn't trade him unless it was for a top 10 pick and I doubt anyone would dot that.

Quote:I wouldn't even deal Blackmon in exchange for a Julio Jones type return at this point. 

When you find special talents like him you don't give them up. 

As said, if the Jags are going to trade a WR it will be the lesser C3PO, not Blackmon. 

The problem isn't talent, the problem is risk. I'd trade him for a high first in this coming draft. It could mean the difference between getting a Teddy Bridgewater or settling for someone.
Quote:You state your opinion as fact like you work in the Jags front office. Truth be told, nobody on here knows if we are really shopping him.

The Monroe trade should not have surprised anyone.  It made sense.  Any trade involving Blackmon would not make sense.  In fact, unless there were some monumental offer it would be idiocy.

I know that we have suffered through a decade of idiocy at the GM position but I think for now we have to give Caldwell the benefit of the doubt and not consider him an idiot.  Florio is one of those guys who tosses out nonsense like this with zero evidence.  He hits on one out of a thousand and people think he is a genius for being ahead of the curve. They forget about the other 999 he got dead wrong.

Blackmon will be a Jaguar all season and he will be a Jaguar next season barring some monumental trade.  A monumental trade will not be offered because of his off the field issues.  Therefore, get used to Blackmon being a Jag.

Quote:I wouldn't trade him unless it was for a top 10 pick and I doubt anyone would dot that.

Odds our that our trade partner would be a contender, so you are looking at a 20-32 pick anyway. Not worth it when you will need to find another WR anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11