Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson Will NOT get Tagged per PFT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...et-tagged/

Welp...if we don't re-sign him, WR becomes much higher on the list of draft priorities.
Horrible team.

We need A-Rob, he was Bortles favorite weapon.
Smart decision to me. He proly can’t even pass a physical right now and 2016 was a bad year. Do not over pay for him. He isn’t ODB or AB
Not surprised about the tag.

I still think he'll sign here.
yeah letting him go will be a dumb move.

only pro bowler on offense since MJD.

Only 24 years old.
(03-06-2018, 12:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Not surprised about the tag.

I hope he re-signs here.

I remain doubtful that a WR at this stage of the draft or lower could provide what a healthy and experienced Allen Robinson could this year.

Though I like Hurns, at $7 million, I'd rather cut him and let Lee walk and keep Robinson, all things being equal.

However, if AR15 doesn't want to be here, or keeping him means a more valuable member of the team leaves, then let him go.
I don't care if he doesn't want to be here. You keep your best young players... letting him go is DUMB.
He ain’t did anything since 2015 lol. Less than 900 yards in 2016 and torn his ACL in 2017. You do not over pay for that period. Very happy Coughlin is running this show
Jaguars not expected to tag Robinson

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...c3348da441

Jaguars inform WR Allen Robinson they don’t expect to use the franchise or transition tag on him; NFL deadline to apply tags is Tuesday at 4 p.m.
(03-06-2018, 12:42 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]He ain’t did anything since 2015 lol. Less than 900 yards in 2016 and torn his ACL in 2017. You do not over pay for that period. Very happy Coughlin is running this show
Falcons should have cut Julio Jones then...

The whole team was god awful in 2016. Imagine ARob with this coaching staff and an improved Blake. I hope they do a long term deal because this guy is still extremely young and has 4 years under his belt.
I think the team likely has a fair offer for a multi-year deal on the table with A-Rob. But he and his agent are just being smart and waiting on all the other offers to level up.

Decent chance he still signs in Jax IMO.
(03-06-2018, 12:37 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]yeah letting him go will be a dumb move.

only pro bowler on offense since MJD.

Only 24 years old.

Well, they DO still have exclusive negotiating rights with him until Monday.

They still have the chance to retain him, though in fairness, I'm not holding my breath.

At this point, I'm wondering how badly the NFL will screw us in terms of giving us a compensatory pick for him next year.
(03-06-2018, 12:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2018, 12:42 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]He ain’t did anything since 2015 lol. Less than 900 yards in 2016 and torn his ACL in 2017. You do not over pay for that period. Very happy Coughlin is running this show
Falcons should have cut Julio Jones then...

The whole team was god awful in 2016. Imagine ARob with this coaching staff and an improved Blake. I hope they do a long term deal because this guy is still extremely young and has 4 years under his belt.

When did Julio Jones put up less than 900 yards and tear his ACL in consecutive years? Allen Robinson has done nothing close in his career what Jones has done lol. That is the problem people are severely overrating his ability and are projecting rather than focusing on actual numbers and what he has done.

And this is not a conversation about cutting him it is about paying him based on what he has done with his injury concerns and placing a reasonable value on that. 

He didn’t take the deal offered him last year cause he wanted to bet on himself. He gambled and lost. Now the team is still offering him a deal and he still thinks he is worth more lol. Okay let him go get it. This team has proven he is not a key cog in its success. The jags will be fine without him while he is getting 16 mill a year on the jets
I'm a big AR15 fan, but I don't want to overpay a guy coming off a major injury. As long as we use money saved on o-line men, and a QB to push/backup BB. Coming off the injury, chances are, he won't be worth 16 million, so try and work out an at-worth long term deal, or re invest the money elsewhere....
(03-06-2018, 12:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2018, 12:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Not surprised about the tag.

I hope he re-signs here.

I remain doubtful that a WR at this stage of the draft or lower could provide what a healthy and experienced Allen Robinson could this year.

Though I like Hurns, at $7 million, I'd rather cut him and let Lee walk and keep Robinson, all things being equal.

However, if AR15 doesn't want to be here, or keeping him means a more valuable member of the team leaves, then let him go.

Same. He's the same age as rookies coming in this year too. 

The longer he waits on signing the more he gets paid from us/others. He's just had a down year due to awful QB play and a serious knee injury. If I'm on his side of things I'm getting EVERY dollar I can.  

I believe our front office wants to keep him and values him more than Lee/Colvin. We have shown we will keep our own top guys and as far as I know Caldwell said we would have signed him mid season if he wasn't injured (could be wrong on that.) 

I'd say his contract would be around 14 per year 30/35 guaranteed.  If the "bidding war" starts to turn that into 16 per and 45ish guaranteed then I don't want him.
(03-06-2018, 12:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2018, 12:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I hope he re-signs here.

Same. He's the same age as rookies coming in this year too. 

The longer he waits on signing the more he gets paid from us/others. He's just had a down year due to awful QB play and a serious knee injury. If I'm on his side of things I'm getting EVERY dollar I can.  

I believe our front office wants to keep him and values him more than Lee/Colvin. We have shown we will keep our own top guys and as far as I know Caldwell said we would have signed him mid season if he wasn't injured (could be wrong on that.) 

I'd say his contract would be around 14 per year 30/35 guaranteed.  If the "bidding war" starts to turn that into 16 per and 45ish guaranteed then I don't want him.

With our roster being as talented as it is now, I think we will need to prepare ourselves for more painful and unpleasant choices like this to come in the future.

I could see the team kicking the tires on Sammy Watkins as a vet contingency if Robinson leaves.
(03-06-2018, 12:57 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2018, 12:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Falcons should have cut Julio Jones then...

When did Julio Jones put up less than 900 yards and tear his ACL in consecutive years? Allen Robinson has done nothing close in his career what Jones has done lol. That is the problem people are severely overrating his ability and are projecting rather than focusing on actual numbers and what he has done.

And this is not a conversation about cutting him it is about paying him based on what he has done with his injury concerns and placing a reasonable value on that. 

He didn’t take the deal offered him last year cause he wanted to bet on himself. He gambled and lost. Now the team is still offering him a deal and he still thinks he is worth more lol. Okay let him go get it. This team has proven he is not a key cog in its success. The jags will be fine without him while he is getting 16 mill a year on the jets
Jones had a breakout season and then got hurt for the season while he was 24. Sound familiar?

I'm not saying to pay him 16 million dollars but I think he's being undervalued by some on this board. 2016 was terrible for everyone. There are very good coaches in place and Robinson would most likely benefit from that just like everyone else. Robinson would make everyone on this offense better. 

And you have no idea what the team is offering him. They might not have made him a single offer up to this point. All we know is that they won't franchise him.

This offense didn't produce as well as you think this past season. The defense scored 8 TDs. The passing game needs upgrades and banking on Cole and Westbrook taking a big leap or a rookie making an immediate impact seems short sighted.
Cleatwood
(03-06-2018, 12:57 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]When did Julio Jones put up less than 900 yards and tear his ACL in consecutive years? Allen Robinson has done nothing close in his career what Jones has done lol. That is the problem people are severely overrating his ability and are projecting rather than focusing on actual numbers and what he has done.

Jones had a breakout season and then got hurt for the season while he was 24. Sound familiar?

I'm not saying to pay him 16 million dollars but I think he's being undervalued by some on this board. 2016 was terrible for everyone. There are very good coaches in place and Robinson would most likely benefit from that just like everyone else. Robinson would make everyone on this offense better. 

And you have no idea what the team is offering him. They might not have made him a single offer up to this point. All we know is that they won't franchise him.

This offense didn't produce as well as you think this past season. The defense scored 8 TDs. The passing game needs upgrades and banking on Cole and Westbrook taking a big leap or a rookie making an immediate impact seems short sighted.

I agree with you the passing game needs upgrades, but I think the offense performed well even accounting for the defensive TDs.  Take away the defensive TDs, the team still finished 11 th or 12th in scoring with very few weapons outside.
(03-06-2018, 01:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2018, 12:57 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]When did Julio Jones put up less than 900 yards and tear his ACL in consecutive years? Allen Robinson has done nothing close in his career what Jones has done lol. That is the problem people are severely overrating his ability and are projecting rather than focusing on actual numbers and what he has done.

Yes but Julio was still under contract. You are talking about cutting a guy. We are discussing paying a player based on his resume and injuries at the conclusion of his contract. 

You are correct we don’t know what the team offered him but they have shown they will pay you if you perform. I would go on a limb and say the team gave him a solid offer. He thinks he’s worth more. That’s fine. I want him to get all the money he can get. I just don’t want us overpaying for him. He’s gonna get big bucks in free agency and I say let him get it.
I don't know why we wouldn't have used the transition tag on A-Rob as this is practically the exact reason it was made for. He'd make sub $14 million on it this season and we'd let other teams set the market with the option to match any deal. Plus I think some teams may get scared off since we have plenty of cap space to match and use their resources elsewhere, lowering the amount of teams truly interested in his services.

I'm guessing they have a plan, but it's still a puzzling move to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15