Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Release Lewis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What is going on?
I just came back into my office and thought I heard that on the radio, then they went straight to commercial.

They seem to be clearing cap room.
Come on, really? Are we doing Campbell next, cause if you want cap room hes the best, along with Dareus.
I just think the timing is really weird.

It must mean they are ready to sign Luke Wilson. ASJ, Wilson, Paul and a rookie? I like it.
(03-20-2018, 12:54 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, really? Are we doing Campbell next, cause if you want cap room hes the best, along with Dareus.

Campbell currently has a cap hit of $17.5 million, releasing him would result in a dead money hit of $19.5 million. We can take that hit but if we're going to release Campbell it won't be until next year.
Out with the old and in with the new younger castoffs signees. Chaaaammmmpppiiiiooooonnnnnssshiiipppppp
(03-20-2018, 12:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2018, 12:54 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, really? Are we doing Campbell next, cause if you want cap room hes the best, along with Dareus.

Campbell currently has a cap hit of $17.5 million, releasing him would result in a dead money hit of $19.5 million. We can take that hit but if we're going to release Campbell it won't be until next year.
Sarcasm might be a thing....

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
(03-20-2018, 12:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I just think the timing is really weird.

It must mean they are ready to sign Luke Wilson. ASJ, Wilson, Paul and a rookie? I like it.

The timing isn't weird, they got a replacement TE in ASJ and they saw no further need for Lewis. If they had failed to sign ASJ they would have likely kept Lewis.
This is weird. We picked up his option and then release him?

At least let him battle it out against the others. I guess they wanted to move on and utilize mainly pass-catchers instead.
I don't think they cut Campbell just yet. He had his most productive year last year.

But these moves have the feel that they changed their minds about something/someone still out there.
Noooooooooooooooooooo
(03-20-2018, 12:59 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]This is weird. We picked up his option and then release him?

At least let him battle it out against the others. I guess they wanted to move on and utilize mainly pass-catchers instead.

They picked up his options because there weren't any other competent TE's on the roster at the time. When they signed Niles Paul and ASJ Lewis became expendable, that's the business of professional sports.
(03-20-2018, 01:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they cut Campbell just yet.  He had his most productive year last year.

But these moves have the feel that thy changed their minds about something/someone still out there.

Going after Ndamukong
Are we trading for someome?
Woah
(03-20-2018, 01:01 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2018, 01:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they cut Campbell just yet.  He had his most productive year last year.

But these moves have the feel that thy changed their minds about something/someone still out there.

Going after Ndamukong

Stop....!

But these moves have the feel that they changed their minds about something/someone still out there.

ASJ changed their minds. Had they been unable to sign him, Lewis would still be here.
Maybe we make a move for Jordan Matthews?
(03-20-2018, 01:02 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Are we trading for someome?

Eli Manning?
(03-20-2018, 01:02 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Are we trading for someome?

Why do they have to trade for someone? They released Hurns and Lewis because it didn't make sense to have either of those guys on the roster, considering how loaded the receiver and TE position is now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8