Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fowler Traded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
...to the Rams for a 3rd and a 5th.  Considering they are going to be late in the round picks I don't think this was enough.
At least we have Smoot and Bryan...
Whoa, seriously?! To the Rams?
How are the Rams affording this?
(10-30-2018, 03:43 PM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]How are the Rams affording this?

He is on a rookie contract right now, resining him after this season will be the hard part.
Wow, late 3rd and 5th round picks for the 3rd overall pick in the draft 3 years ago?

Again, how does David Caldwell still have a job? Good God!
More importantly I think this speaks on the front offices confidence on the team righting the ship.
Goff is on a rookie contract. Untill hes due they have him for cheap
We traded a role player for a 3rd and 5th round pick. Yes he was our first overall selection a few years back but Yan being taken in the 3rd the next year kind of negates that miss IMO. Good deal for a player 8 games away from playing with another team anyway. Why people are criticizing Caldwell is beyond me
(10-30-2018, 03:46 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]More importantly I think this speaks on the front offices confidence on the team righting the ship.

Exactly. Maybe it gives us a bit of ammo to move up in the first round for a QB though.
Yeah, two future picks for a backup is more than most would have anticipated for Fowler. We weren't re-signing him at the end of the season, so getting something for a guy who has been, for the most part, underwhelming is a good thing.
(10-30-2018, 03:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, late 3rd and 5th round picks for the 3rd overall pick in the draft 3 years ago?

He is stupid but Khan is even more stupid and will retain him.
(10-30-2018, 03:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2018, 03:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, late 3rd and 5th round picks for the 3rd overall pick in the draft 3 years ago?

He is stupid but Khan is even more stupid and will retain him.

I get that it is good from a point of we weren't retaining him anyway, but this is now 2 top 5 picks Caldwell has made that are no longer on the roster. That isn't acceptable.
No brainer deal, think he'll do better in LA too.
This says a lot. Let the mini-rebuild begin. Up next, QB.
(10-30-2018, 03:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]...to the Rams for a 3rd and a 5th.  Considering they are going to be late in the round picks I don't think this was enough.

We weren't going to bring him back, and we got considerably more than he would have returned as a compensatory pick. Good deal for us
I am a big fan of this trade because 1) he was gone in 8 games 2) max comp pick we were getting is a 3rd 3) we get a higher 3rd than the comp pick 4) we also get a future 5th 5) This is a DEEP pass rusher class
We get a little compensation back for a player who's been a disappointment. Fresh start good for everyone.
That’s a win if I’ve ever seen one. Two picks for a guy who was gone anyway and the Rams get a 8 game rental.
(10-30-2018, 03:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]This says a lot. Let the mini-rebuild begin. Up next, QB.

Agreed! I like the trade but this is telling that he wasn’t needed for our run this year and we’re giving up on 2018. I hope he doesn’t resign with the rams as they’re stacked.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10