Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone Staying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sothats what he was doing the past few weeks instead of game planning or coaching he was trying to save his [BLEEP].
(12-31-2019, 07:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Makes me wonder if Khan believes there’s still magic left over from 2017 and he simply needs to hear a plan to tap back into it.
I believe it will be the Dave and Doug show again with a new cast of supporting characters.

If that is true he needs to sell the team ASAP as he is clueless.
(12-31-2019, 08:42 AM)uthill Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2019, 07:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Makes me wonder if Khan believes there’s still magic left over from 2017 and he simply needs to hear a plan to tap back into it.
I believe it will be the Dave and Doug show again with a new cast of supporting characters.

If that is true he needs to sell the team ASAP as he is clueless.

All the owners do this thing.  They believe in the fools gold.  It is the chase for the championship and actions they take to finish the work.  There are a few teams that are smarter than the one year goal.  Pittsburg has a system and they draft for it, they find coaches that fit it and they execute it to give themselves the best chance possible over the long haul.

We chased 1996 and 1997 to arrive at 1999 where we were all in and it didn't matter what would follow.  We then didn't learn our lesson and did the dang same thing in 2007 with the squandering of draft picks to get that elusive last missing piece.  That faulty logic lead us to franchise lows until the lie of 2017.  This team wasn't as close as they believe they were in 2017.  That wasn't skill or team building that lead them to being a quarter away from the subpar bowl.  We had a season of fortunate events that exposed a bad "safe" coaching plan that fell short.

This franchise needs an enema.  The fans sure have been taking it for years.
Just got the ESPN alert per Schefter
Also just saw it on NFL Network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please get rid of Wash at least
(12-31-2019, 11:09 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Just got the ESPN alert per Schefter

[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-31-2019, 11:10 AM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]Please get rid of Wash at least

I can justify giving Marrone one more shot as long as this happens.
Good. The players wanted him and I think him and Dave work well together.
Maybe they'll get rid of Dave. Someone needs to be fired, that's for sure. Because they can't keep doing what they've been doing and expect success.
(12-31-2019, 11:11 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2019, 11:10 AM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]Please get rid of Wash at least

I can justify giving Marrone one more shot as long as this happens.

Yes.
Hopefully there are some staffing changes, starting with Todd.
They just read Shads statement on 1010XL.

Sounds like the exact same bull [BLEEP] as last year. This is ridiculous.
(12-31-2019, 11:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they'll get rid of Dave.  Someone needs to be fired, that's for sure.  Because they can't keep doing what they've been doing and expect success.

If Doug is staying, Dave is staying.
Shad said that the division lead being within sight on week 9 was a reason why they were staying?!?! We were two games back week 9. So in Shad's world accountability means being within 2 games or so of the division lead halfway through the season. I don't have any words for how stupid this is.
I’m extremely disappointed, but not really surprised. I’ll be here next season rooting for my Jaguars as always. I’d much rather I end up being wrong than the people making the decisions for the franchise.
(12-31-2019, 11:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they'll get rid of Dave. Someone needs to be fired, that's for sure. Because they can't keep doing what they've been doing and expect success.

Update on GMFB says both are staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leading the league in penalties. But nah this is fine.
(12-31-2019, 11:13 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully there are some staffing changes, starting with Todd.

Doesn’t sound like any staff changes are coming. At least not based on the way the statement reads. 

Granted, Marone may ultimately decide to go in a different direction.
(12-31-2019, 11:11 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Good. The players wanted him and I think him and Dave work well together.

Players always talk good about coaches in the media. How long have you been watching football?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12