Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden vacates DC as Afghanistan, immigration crises accelerate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Just like April 30th 1975, the fall of Saigon.......

Just like the loser to run and hide......

Biden vacates DC as Afghanistan, immigration crises accelerate

President Biden is heading to Camp David Friday afternoon from his residence in Wilmington, Delaware, continuing a trip outside the nation's capital amid spiraling crises, including a deteriorating situation in Afghanistan that's been compared to the fall of Saigon. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-d...s-escalate
Biden is on vacation.
Ummm, Trump negotiated the May 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan and left Biden to deal with it.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-don...12ad0d215a
I have no problem with us leaving Afghanistan. We’ve expended enough blood and treasure there already.
We haven't had a person die there in almost 18 months. I am not about endless wars, but wasn't the whole point of going there to keep terrorists from having a safe haven? We weren't going to get the tribalism out of that country in any short amount of time, but it was a decent forward base in a volatile region.

In the day and age where technology let's you communicate to anyone at any time, it's probably a waste of time to criticize President's for where they decide to travel. Unless there is a reason for them to be in a specific place, I think we can let this type of thing go moving forward.
(08-13-2021, 05:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm, Trump negotiated the May 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan and left Biden to deal with it.

I fully expect this to be the widely reported party line.
[Image: 20210813-211504.jpg]

Yes Mr. President. We miss you!
Honestly, I have no idea how independents and moderate Dems aren't seeing the damage that democrats are doing to this country. They are so corrupt. They sell us out at every turn. Trump may have done it a little bit, but nothing like this.

I am trying to figure out if we're about to go through a period of hyperinflation or deflation. Something has got to give. I really wish I knew more about the economy. I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of it, but it's hard to find a really trustworthy source of information. Bunch of grifters and doomsayers.
(08-13-2021, 09:57 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I have no idea how independents and moderate Dems aren't seeing the damage that democrats are doing to this country. They are so corrupt. They sell us out at every turn. Trump may have done it a little bit, but nothing like this.

I am trying to figure out if we're about to go through a period of hyperinflation or deflation. Something has got to give. I really wish I knew more about the economy. I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of it, but it's hard to find a really trustworthy source of information. Bunch of grifters and doomsayers.

Sometimes good old instincts win.

Look at current inflation our government pretends is very short term, rising energy costs, no longer energy independent,, pending housing market crash, home rental market catastrophe, instability in the middle East. I.e, looming terrorism,  over bloated stock market, endless spending. 

It's not if, it's when, and it's all 100% the fault of the current government.
To be fair, we were going to have some of this with Trump. He was also for the stimulus checks. I just don't know how much. It's looking pretty bad, and the Fed has a tight rope to walk.
Super tough situation in Afghanistan. It would be nice if another country instead of the usa stepped in and helped fixed things over there for once. That part of the world is a mess like usual
(08-13-2021, 11:09 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Super tough situation in Afghanistan. It would be nice if another country instead of the usa stepped in and helped fixed things over there for once. That part of the world is a mess like usual

Now the the Russians and Americans are done it's time for the Chinese to step up. Too bad for the Afganis that they have an even dimmer view of human right than either of the first two.
(08-13-2021, 05:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm, Trump negotiated the May 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan and left Biden to deal with it.

Yeah I think it is Trumps fault. After all, when he failed to get elected the Taliban knew no one would enforce the terms and started planning their offensive. 

On the real tho, we need to get out. This is Vietnam all over. I hope for Afghans sake that any who helped  us actually are allowed to immigrate, they surely deserve. I don’t know who is right about the accused execution and forced marriage, but hopefully the Taliban will actually keep their word to their own. Even as I type it I doubt it.
Afghanistan is an awful situation. We shouldn't be leaving our friends behind over there to get executed. We should get them out. Unfortunately, it looks like we're hell bent on getting out of there as fast as possible, and leaving our friends behind.
(08-14-2021, 10:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Afghanistan is an awful situation.  We shouldn't be leaving our friends behind over there to get executed.  We should get them out.  Unfortunately, it looks like we're hell bent on getting out of there as fast as possible, and leaving our friends behind.

I know arrangements have been made to get interpreters and their families out. Hopefully plans are in place to get as many of those who aided us in other capacities out before our final withdrawal. I have a feeling that may partially be the reason we're sending so many troops over now. The country is collapsing much faster than anticipated. 

I heard an Army General being interviewed on the radio and asked why we didn't train their troops better for this eventuality. He said we trained them well, it's an issue of motivation. The military rank and file does not believe the government in place will support them, whether out of threat of assassination by the Taliban or corruption. So now they're just saving their own skin by abandoning the fight.
(08-14-2021, 10:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Afghanistan is an awful situation.  We shouldn't be leaving our friends behind over there to get executed.  We should get them out.  Unfortunately, it looks like we're hell bent on getting out of there as fast as possible, and leaving our friends behind.

A lot of them are getting out, just not all who deserve it. Again, very similar to Vietnam.

(08-14-2021, 10:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

I know arrangements have been made to get interpreters and their families out. Hopefully plans are in place to get as many of those who aided us in other capacities out before our final withdrawal. I have a feeling that may partially be the reason we're sending so many troops over now. The country is collapsing much faster than anticipated. 

I heard an Army General being interviewed on the radio and asked why we didn't train their troops better for this eventuality. He said we trained them well, it's an issue of motivation. The military rank and file does not believe the government in place will support them, whether out of threat of assassination by the Taliban or corruption. So now they're just saving their own skin by abandoning the fight.

The Taliban is likely offering amnesty to most of them.  We haven't heard of any massacres, even though there are western journalists behind Taliban lines.
(08-14-2021, 10:38 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

A lot of them are getting out, just not all who deserve it. Again, very similar to Vietnam.

(08-14-2021, 10:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I know arrangements have been made to get interpreters and their families out. Hopefully plans are in place to get as many of those who aided us in other capacities out before our final withdrawal. I have a feeling that may partially be the reason we're sending so many troops over now. The country is collapsing much faster than anticipated. 

The Taliban is likely offering amnesty to most of them.  We haven't heard of any massacres, even though there are western journalists behind Taliban lines.

I love when you use the word "likely" in a thought . You literally have no clue what you are talking about
36 days ago, President Biden told the American people that the Taliban would not take over #Afghanistan after he ordered the removal of U.S. troops. https://t.co/FiG5pWsyey

This was a month ago... some of you voted for this guy.
(08-14-2021, 11:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]36 days ago, President Biden told the American people that the Taliban would not take over #Afghanistan after he ordered the removal of U.S. troops. https://t.co/FiG5pWsyey

This was a month ago... some of you voted for this guy.

And they have zero shame of doing so.. They would rather watch our country burn than vote for Trump, and that tells you everything you need to know about 'them'..
With the weakest leadership in modern history, the US needs to show some muscle against the Taliban to restore public confidence in our military.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24