Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I Still Believe in Bortles - merged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I know he is responsible for a lot of went wrong today, but when I think about it, he's still one of the bright spots in this team. Unfortunately in blowouts, I think players like him push and try and make plays that aren't there.

That said, the most recent example I can point to is Eli Manning. He was and still is sometimes a turnover machine but with right coaching and talent on defense, which this team has the latter but not the former, he put it all together for two rings.

At this point, I would just be grateful with some playoff runs and a shot at the AFC championship game, let alone a super bowl.

Basically, I don't think we should be too hard on Bortles today. He's working with a drunken orangutan on the sidelines.
This doesn't change my opinion on him, everyone played like [BLEEP], at least we know he usually doesn't look this bad.

I mean we dont play to the strength of our offense which is passing. We consistently kill our own drives with holding penalties and false starts. No QB flourish in the system
I think he'll be fine as well, he'll (for the forseeable future) be mistake prone but not having a running game or WR's that separate consistently is killing him.

The other problem is bonehead Gus insists on running Chris Ivory type runs without Chris ivory. TJ Yeldon is not Ivory by any means
There's still hope for Bortles, but they have to fix his accuracy issues and speed up his decision making. 

And who knows who "they" is anymore. 

Bortles had a bad game no doubt but the coaching is the problem. Why he doesn't have the autonomy to audible out of a run play when there are ten men in the box is beyond me.

But I still believe in Blake.
This game is not Bortles fault. Defense is worse than Swiss cheese. He's got no time to throw, now running lane for Yeldon. Online, defense easily #1 reason
Quote:This game is not Bortles fault. Defense is worse than Swiss cheese. He's got no time to throw, now running lane for Yeldon. Online, defense easily #1 reason

+1
Bortles isn't what's wrong with this team you inept clowns.

It's the same as last year:

1) bad coach

2) #31 ranked scoring defense STILL

3) bad kicker

4) bad o line

5) bad RBs

Nothing has changed. Khan is clueless too for keeping Pus Bradley
BB5 has more than likely been ruined by this coaching staff.  Of course, once he leaves Jacksonville he'll have an all-pro resurgence with another team.  

Players, not plays.  

Beachum's hands moving thankfully.

Nope, never mind.  BB5 just scored a TD.  He's golden.  This coaching staff has it pointed in the right direction.  Everything is now officially looking up.

Players.  Not Plays.  

Quote:Bortles isn't what's wrong with this team you inept clowns.

It's the same as last year:

1) bad coach

2) #31 ranked scoring defense STILL

3) bad kicker

4) bad o line

5) bad RBs

Nothing has changed. Khan is clueless too for keeping Pus Bradley

He's the least of my concerns, the fact that we still can't run the ball or rush the passer in year 4 of this "Rebuild" is unacceptable. 
I still believe in Unicorns.   What's your point?

Bortles makes boneheaded plays, but he isn't the problem right now. Only player in my eyes who showed up is Telvin, he is the ONLY ONE! Telvin is the fiercest competitor the jags have, love that guy. Bleeding some duval out his bones. 

I won't be able to fully evaluate BB5 as a QB until he gets a real HC to lead him and some semblance of a running game to help him out.

It wouldn't hurt to have a better OL, but 1 thing at a time.

Quote:I won't be able to fully evaluate BB5 as a QB until he gets a real HC to lead him and some semblance of a running game to help him out.

It wouldn't hurt to have a better OL, but 1 thing at a time.

This is a good point. We've never seen Bortles on a team with a real game plan to succeed.
I totally agree Bortles isn't problem. Gus Bradley and his defense suck. I like what I've seen from Fowler and Ngakoue though
Bortles has to get better, there's no doubt about it.

But, he is far from being the main problem with this circus.

-O-line sux

-Running game sux

-Pass rush sux

-Secondary sux (yeah, I said it. They are way overrated by this fanbase)

-Discipline sux (coaching)

And now, it seems like ARob is having a tough time getting separation, geez.

Bortles sucked today also. There's no other way to say it, IMO. But, even the best QBs have had bad days. He'll get better.

The rest of the team? They are basically a consistent "suck-fest".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12