Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: At least three police officers killed by snipers during Dallas protest, chief says
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

At least three police officers killed by snipers during Dallas protest, chief says

DEVELOPING:
 At least three Dallas police officers were killed Thursday after being targeted by two snipers in a downtown parking garage Thursday night during a protest over police shootings of African-Americans.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/07/two...otest.html

This is one of the suspects in the Dallas police shooting:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://mobile.twitter.com/redban/status/751263507937505280/photo/1'>https://mobile.twitter.com/redban/status/751263507937505280/photo/1</a>
Michael Batista's live Facebook feed catches a massive gun battle between the officers and the snipers. Thoughts and prayers to those affected by such senseless.
4 dead now

Unreal. Some people really don't get it. Race baiting politicians should be outlawed. Sadly this is what the elites want. A means to justify removing weapons from the people. I guarantee Hillary will be coming out charging tomorrow with 'common sense' gun laws.

Even knowing that the first step a totalitarian government takes is to outlaw/remove guns, even I am beginning to think it might be better without. Too many crazy people in US. And if I am starting to think that, a lot more people are already convinced.

The camo guy with the AR isn't the shooter(s). He is seen just walking around when shots were fired.

Quote:The camo guy with the AR isn't the shooter(s). He is seen just walking around when shots were fired.

With that second tweet that was posted it doesn't appear he is. Hopefully he'll be able to clear his name before someone tries to play hero with him.
Quote:With that second tweet that was posted it doesn't appear he is. Hopefully he'll be able to clear his name before someone tries to play hero with him.
He turned himself in to Dallas PD for questioning. He should be fine.
The Purge in real life

Quote:Unreal. Some people really don't get it. Race baiting politicians should be outlawed. Sadly this is what the elites want. A means to justify removing weapons from the people. I guarantee Hillary will be coming out charging tomorrow with 'common sense' gun laws.

Even knowing that the first step a totalitarian government takes is to outlaw/remove guns, even I am beginning to think it might be better without. Too many crazy people in US. And if I am starting to think that, a lot more people are already convinced.

During times of tragedy, there should be at least a 24 hour rule before banging it up politically. 
Quote:During times of tragedy, there should be at least a 24 hour rule before banging it up politically. 
Like a 24 hour rule on posting threads about a loss after a loss? The Jdub rule?

In all seriousness, your right, we have become indecent about these kind of things.
welp this is what the boiling point looks like. if things don't calm down you'll see more and more of it. hopefully everyone cools off but this will only put police officers more on edge which will likely lead to more shootings which lead to more protest and so on...........

https://twitter.com/LouisFarrakhan/statu...1262511105

Interesting video from Louis Farrakhan.....
God help us.   Just when you think things can't get worse, they get worse.   I'm starting to wonder where this will all end.   It's an open question whether a free society can survive the level of anger we see in the world today. 

You can blame Obama and the Minnesota governor for this bloodshed. There statements were despicable. Obama can't leave the office soon enough.
Quote:https://twitter.com/LouisFarrakhan/statu...1262511105

Interesting video from Louis Farrakhan.....

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on it...  For me...  Mr. Farrakhan is wrong.  The freedoms and rights gained from the Civil Rights movement came via peaceful protest.  Freedom does not have to come by the shedding of blood, as he would say it.  Modern history proves peace, civil disobediance, and politicial organization are enough to change the system.  
Quote:Unreal. Some people really don't get it. Race baiting politicians should be outlawed. Sadly this is what the elites want. A means to justify removing weapons from the people. I guarantee Hillary will be coming out charging tomorrow with 'common sense' gun laws.

This is the trap they've set.  Don't fall for it.  Violent crime is down by about half in the last 20 years.  It's not because economic conditions have improved.  I think it's largely the presence of 300 million guns in private hands and millions of concealed carriers acting as a deterrent. 

But there sure have been a lot of high profile terror attacks using AR-15 style weapons during the Obama administration.  And the media keeps pushing the idea that cops are racist any time a black person is shot. 
Quote:This is the trap they've set.
  Don't fall for it.  Violent crime is down by about half in the last 20 years.  It's not because economic conditions have improved.  I think it's largely the presence of 300 million guns in private hands and millions of concealed carriers acting as a deterrent. 

But there sure have been a lot of high profile terror attacks using AR-15 style weapons during the Obama administration.  And the media keeps pushing the idea that cops are racist any time a black person is shot. 
Hegalian dicletic, anyone? I understand, but I don't know what you do in this scenario.
Quote:I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on it... For me... Mr. Farrakhan is wrong. The freedoms and rights gained from the Civil Rights movement came via peaceful protest. Freedom does not have to come by the shedding of blood, as he would say it. Modern history proves peace, civil disobediance, and politicial organization are enough to change the system.
I don't agree with him at all.Increased violence makes everything worse for literally everyone.Based on his history I think it would be fair to say that Farrakhan is a racist.

Just found it interesting as 1)Arob has the video on his twitter page 2)I have no idea what its like being a black man or women in America so its hard for me to truly understand the divide.I just wonder are things going to get much much worse before they get better? Seems to be heading that way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18