Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Culture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
When Gus Bradley was introduced as the HC one of the things he hammered was the fact the he wanted to establish a culture. Well he is 12 - 30+ losses. Over the course of the last  3 years after hearing interviews from various players on the team they all preach getting better despite getting beat senseless. If any time was the time to sieze the moment and show Jacksonville what we've been waiting for it was this one.

I mean the road was paved for success taking in to account injured players and the schedule and this team fell flat on their faces. We were in a prime position to take this division but our coaches and players didn't even want to talk about it which to me meant that they weren't even confident in their ability to win.

When this team takes the field against another team most of the time they look like they've lost the battle mentally and physically within 5 min of the 1st quarter. The Jaguars have no attitude or " it " factor when their on the field.

So I ask you Jag fans exactly what culture has Gus established since he got here? Me personally I believe he has established a loser mentality or a losing is ok as long as you tried hard identity.

Thoughts?

Would MUCH rather have a Tom Coughlin type HATED old school coach vs this BS rainbows and butterflies moron Gus Bradley. I guess that's what separates Hall of Famers from babysitters collecting paychecks.
I checked the culture.  It's clearly strep throat...

Losing culture seems ok woth Khan for keeping this guy. Come on Mrs Bradley, jump in here anytime and tell us we are all morons.
Quote:I checked the culture. It's clearly strep throat...

Damn near Aids..
Gus has done nothing to change the losing culture around here and that isn't going to change next year either.

I expect it to look about the same next year as it did this year, maybe another win or so (hopefully), but it will still be a losing season with Gus at the helm.

We will probably have to put up with Gus as HC for at least 1/2 of next year, especially if he gets off to another slow start, but he will probably be here for the whole year and then we will be looking for a new Jag's HC.

It is what it is.

It is a loser culture mixed in with apathy. 

Referees and the opponents look at the Jags as losers who they dont respect.

Case and point on the pick 6's by Norman (Car) and Jackson (Hou) both players were taunting the Jags and were not flagged. 

Quote:Damn near Aids..

Winger Dinger, you are one of a kind around here.
Lack of accountability culture...

What it is not.. is a WINNING culture.

When you know your boss isnt going to stop writing your checks.. there is no motivation to do MORE.

I dont think its healthy for the youth on this team

I think he has solidified that a culture of mediocrity is acceptable with his applaud everyone all the time attitude.

He's done this with his lack of accountability.  It's evident he doesn't set high standards or hold people accountable.

I think he's a very nice guy but a very bad leader/manager.

Ionno, Gus has more wins this year than any other time during his tenure #Progress™ #ItsBuilt®

Just curious. Where is all the criticism on the guy responsible for keeping Gus? We are hammering away at how sorry Gus is, yet he keeps his job. Anyone expect him to just quit?

Khan clearly has a love fest with the fans and seems he can do no wrong.

Only one person can control this situation. He chooses to stay the course.
Quote:Ionno, Gus has more wins this year than any other time during his tenure #Progress™ #ItsBuilt®

He also has just 1 more win in his 3rd year then his very first year with the dynamic duo of 2 guys named Gabbert and Henne starting at QB and pretty much a complete roster tear down.

How's that for progress?
Quote:Just curious. Where is all the criticism on the guy responsible for keeping Gus? We are hammering away at how sorry Gus is, yet he keeps his job. Anyone expect him to just quit?

I called out Khan in another thread.  But you're right, I personally think it was a dumb move on his part.  I also do not hold "billionaires" to some sort of high esteem just because they are billionaires.

This move, in terms of negotiating and getting the best out of your people, was not smart AT ALL by Khan.  I think he'll come to regret it by October.

You don't just tell a guy his job is set before the entire job is done...  That was just dumb.  I made an analogy about my mechanic in regards to Khans decision, I don't care to repeat it...  But in essence, you don't pay a guy a bunch of money and then give him the impression that the quality of the work is not a priority BEFORE the job is finished.  

I mean, that's business 101...  
Quote:Just curious. Where is all the criticism on the guy responsible for keeping Gus? We are hammering away at how sorry Gus is, yet he keeps his job. Anyone expect him to just quit?

If Bradley doesnt produce next season the pitchforks will be a Khans front door
Well we have a good young offense now

Quote:Well we have a good young offense now
  Where was the offense today? Our line sucks, our TE's are overpaid and old, we have one star receiver, a couple of good receivers and a gun slinging QB who is hot and cold and turns it over in the red zone almost on cue.That's it. Oh I forgot our Rookie RB who got hurt his first season of battle as predicted, and his backup who has turned into a fumble machine.

This offense and team needs therapy.

Quote:I checked the culture.  It's clearly strep throat...

Wrong, it's Staph.
Quote:Wrong, it's Staph.

MRSA
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9