Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump - "total shutdown of Muslims entering the United States"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Intrigued to hear peoples opinion on this... Will this finally break the Trump campaign?
Trump is resonating with the people......

Has the testicular fortitude to say what a majority of people think......

This will not sink him........

I say AMEN DONALD TRUMP!

Will this break the Trump campaign?   No.   Nothing will break the Trump campaign.   It's unbreakable.   It's unstoppable.   It's the beast that will not die! 

Because, as TheDrifter said above, he is saying what a lot of people are thinking: that in spite of the fact that this country was founded by people seeking religious freedom and in spite of the fact that religious freedom is enshrined in the Bill of Rights, we are willing to trade away our founding principles for a little safety.  Goodbye freedom, goodbye First Amendment, hello police state, because we are scared.  

I wonder what Shad Khan would think if he ever looked at this message board...
He'd probably see the irony.

Quote:He'd probably see the irony.

I'm almost certainly being dumb here, but how so?
Quote:Will this break the Trump campaign?   No.   Nothing will break the Trump campaign.   It's unbreakable.   It's unstoppable.   It's the beast that will not die! 

Because, as TheDrifter said above, he is saying what a lot of people are thinking: that in spite of the fact that this country was founded by people seeking religious freedom and in spite of the fact that religious freedom is enshrined in the Bill of Rights, we are willing to trade away our founding principles for a little safety.  Goodbye freedom, goodbye First Amendment, hello police state, because we are scared.  

Religious freedom is one thing. World domination is another. We see what's happening in the EU Countries that are taking in these so called refugees. And it's not a pretty sight
Quote:Religious freedom is one thing. World domination is another. We see what's happening in the EU Countries that are taking in these so called refugees. And it's not a pretty sight

The countries that are safer, healthier, better educated, have more income equality, better welfare systems, better health care, and are overall more happy than every state in the US? Yeah, we're doing horrible over here. 
Quote:I'm almost certainly being dumb here, but how so?

The irony of fans of a team owned by a Muslim calling for the expulsion and prohibition of Muslims on that team's message board. I'm sure Shad has seen and heard it before.
Quote:The countries that are safer, healthier, better educated, have more income equality, better welfare systems, better health care, and are overall more happy than every state in the US? Yeah, we're doing horrible over here.

To be fair when people are fed rubbish by fox news its not surprising they are so ill-informed. They were reporting that Birmingham was a no go zone last year on fox haha
Quote:To be fair when people are fed rubbish by fox news its not surprising they are so ill-informed. They were reporting that Birmingham was a no go zone last year on fox haha
To be fair, to most English people, Birmingham is a voluntary no go zone but that's got nothing to do with Muslims and more with basic standards. 
what the hell conservatives you don't see the problem with requiring a religious test before being granted access to the country!?!?!!? You don't see how that could go bad down the road!?!?!? 

I always thought the left held a monopoly on the no-nothing voters but damn Trump has blown that theory out of the water. 

Quote:what the hell conservatives you don't see the problem with requiring a religious test before being granted access to the country!?!?!!? You don't see how that could go bad down the road!?!?!? 

"Under federal law, the executive branch [of the United States of America] is expressly required to take religion into account in determining who is granted asylum. Under the provision governing asylum (section 1158 of Title 8, US Code), an alien applying for admission must establish that … religion [among other things] ... was or will be at least one central reason for persecuting the applicant."
Trump and Hillary both also calling to 'close down the internet'.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201512...rnet.shtml

...Starting to think I should see about immigrating to another country right about now.

Quote:"Under federal law, the executive branch [of the United States of America] is expressly required to take religion into account in determining who is granted asylum. Under the provision governing asylum (section 1158 of Title 8, US Code), an alien applying for admission must establish that … religion [among other things] ... was or will be at least one central reason for persecuting the applicant."

He's not talking about asylum he's talking about immigration. Trump is suggesting a religious test of some sort before anyone is allowed to immigrate, holy crap you don't see how dangerous that is?

Not to long ago it was Catholic and Protestants blowing each other up in Ireland, with this kind of thinking we would've stopped all Christian and Catholic immigration! 

Damn Trump is out talking about FDR and his actions as if that was something to emulate, possible one of the darkest points in our history and this idiot wants to take us back for round 2.
Trump is an idiot. A dangerous idiot.

What's really scary is that there are millions of dangerous idiots out there eating out of the palm of his hand.
Gotta stop the bleeding before you dress the wound..

I'm in full support..
Quote:Gotta stop the bleeding before you dress the wound..

I'm in full support..

There's a HUGE difference in ending immigration from a country and ending immigration from a religion. It would be one thing to say these states are known sponsors of terror and therefor we are no longer accepting immigration papers from these states, but to blanket an entire religion is just absurd, unrealistic and hyperbole at best. 

It's probably the single dumbest thing Trump has said yet.
Quote:I always thought the left held a monopoly on the no-nothing voters but damn Trump has blown that theory out of the water.
But the know-nothing voters are all about Trump and that anti-immigration stance.

Get it? Does everyone get it? It's a history joke / pun about the Know-Nothing Party from the 19th century...oh never mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15