Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles is non-canon arm Brett Favre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
literally almost the exact same player, Bortles's arm strength is just a little less. Favre is remember as a great QB because of all the records he broke and that one super bowl he won and because of the team he played for. But Favre was routinely a double agent for his team, giving the ball to the other team multiple times a game while putting up big stats at the same time. Bortles does the same crap. He looks awesome one drive then comes back and turns the ball over. Favre had a great defense and O-Line to help him out but if Favre had been on this team with a crap O-Line, crap defense, and crap special teams people would be looking at him the same way they do Bortles. The lines of scrimmage are the killers of this team and we will continue to be a joke until it gets fixed.

He doesn't have a camera for an arm

A couple things.  He is forced to make difficult throw constantly.  I'm not sure if this is play calling or him not reading the open player in time.  He also has got to learn that sometimes no play is  a good play.  That is tough for a guy with his mind set.  I love that he wants to win.  He really does and he forces plays that aren't there.  We are going to have to deal with that until he grows out of it.  He needs to be more aware of the situation.  He needs help.  He needs some RB screens which we never seem to run and easy passes which he never seems to have.  He needs Julius Thomas to get open or make plays.  He needs some more play makers.  Bortles needs to get better, but he is our franchise QB and though we lost, we have a lot of talent to be excited about.

I agree with this assessment right now, but Favre continued that way his entire career; it's too hard to say if Bortles will be able to cut down on the mistakes or not. A lot of young QB's make the mistakes that Bortles is making, especially when they are forced to put the team on their back. Regardless, I think it's clear we could win with Bortles if we had a better caliber team and coaching staff around him.

It's great that he's on the sort of curve this early in his career where this comparison could even be made.  Sure he could end up like Favre, all we need to do is build that great defense and wait for our year?  What if he gets a QB coach or o-coordinator that makes him see things in just the right way, or his maturity takes it's own path?  The fact that he's got the ability and it just needs some tweaking and growth which will surely occur is a huge positive for this franchise.

Blake had a great day despite a tough loss.  Now I know everyone else would of drove down the field within 2 minutes.  With no time outs, and 94 yards to go.  I cant think of many Qb's who don't audible that would.   Could he of thrown it away?  Sure.  Fact remains still have no time to work with.  

Almost 400 yards and Revis on the other side of the field is legendary.   Especially with no line to work with.  Blake is showing signs of improvement.  And had that TD been ruled one.  Look even better.   And I know the Turn Overs.   All great qbs have um.    As far as we lost.  What did one expect?  Gus still is here.  

It was a good game and entertaining refs aside.  Far as the draft.  I think we truly need a shutdown corner.  And grab a decent pass rusher in FA.   And next year should be looking good.  

How bout One More Year for Gus!   Wallbash

We did not win and you play to win the game.  However I knew after beating the bills.  Wouldn't be long before we lost again.  And Still think Smith reminds me of a Young Rice.   But it is cool if you still laugh at me for that.  We have our own opinions though. 

I'm impressed by him truly am. All day long bad blocking and being pressured but the guy gets out of the pocket and makes plays, he just has that play maker ability. Mistakes are frustrating but they are expected, as he matures as a QB they will decrease and at that point we have a very good franchise QB.

I'm today's NFL a good passing game can take you far. Bortles along with the Allens look to be developing into the foundation that we have been looking for for the last decade.
Funny.  For mere fact look at each lines.  You can't throw the ball down the field much with defenders constantly in your face. 

381 and 2 TDs. Hell of a day against a hell of a defense. They picked him, sacked him, and pressured him all day long. He will make his mistakes but I'll take that in an improving sophomore year. Love Blake!
Good game but as the games go on he needs to try curb his natural style and think of the big picture. No need to try force anything in that fumble situation.

Quote:We did not win and you play to win the game.  However I knew after beating the bills.  Wouldn't be long before we lost again.  And Still think Taylor reminds me of a Young Rice.  But it is cool if you still laugh at me for that.  We have our own opinions though. 

?
He would have won the game if Marshall caught the ball. I believe that.
Yes Hurricane, the guy who said luck is over rated he is.  One game don't make a man.   Even Blaine won.  But the funny thing is.  He beat the Falcons.  Who I at one time compared to Farve.   Who was originally drafted by who?  The Falcons.   

But anyway.  The speed and non stop motor along with similar size reminds me of Simeon Rice does Telvin Smith.  Have at it laugh.  I am sure you could use one after today.  I keep dreaming of Freddie T son playing for us.  

Quote:He doesn't have a camera for an arm
Maybe he meant Nikon!?
Quote:literally almost the exact same player, Bortles's arm strength is just a little less. Favre is remember as a great QB because of all the records he broke and that one super bowl he won and because of the team he played for. But Favre was routinely a double agent for his team, giving the ball to the other team multiple times a game while putting up big stats at the same time. Bortles does the same crap. He looks awesome one drive then comes back and turns the ball over. Favre had a great defense and O-Line to help him out but if Favre had been on this team with a crap O-Line, crap defense, and crap special teams people would be looking at him the same way they do Bortles. The lines of scrimmage are the killers of this team and we will continue to be a joke until it gets fixed.

His idol is Brett Favre and in a lot of ways he plays similar, but its the style I would argue that in a lot of ways Blake is also like Terry Bradshaw.  A lot of people forget that Terry started off with 6TDs and 24INTs in his rookie year (30.4 passer rating) & it stayed that way until 1975 (six years later being that he threw more INTs than TDs)

then he had more weapons better oline & exp under his belt.  I think Blake is rapidly learning far quicker than Terry did but he is the same (Terry & Brett) in that they love to throw the deep ball on those 50/50s like AR15 comes down with sometimes its a pick but when its not its really exicting... to watch!

Quote:Blake had a great day despite a tough loss.  Now I know everyone else would of drove down the field within 2 minutes.  With no time outs, and 94 yards to go.  I cant think of many Qb's who don't audible that would.   Could he of thrown it away?  Sure.  Fact remains still have no time to work with.  

Almost 400 yards and Revis on the other side of the field is legendary.   Especially with no line to work with.  Blake is showing signs of improvement.  And had that TD been ruled one.  Look even better.   And I know the Turn Overs.   All great qbs have um.    As far as we lost.  What did one expect?  Gus still is here.  

It was a good game and entertaining refs aside.  Far as the draft.  I think we truly need a shutdown corner.  And grab a decent pass rusher in FA.   And next year should be looking good.  

How bout One More Year for Gus!   Wallbash

We did not win and you play to win the game.  However I knew after beating the bills.  Wouldn't be long before we lost again.  And Still think Smith reminds me of a Young Rice.   But it is cool if you still laugh at me for that.  We have our own opinions though. 

I don't know if I would say great game, but it wasnt bad.  I mean he took a nasty punishing hit after hit in this game... really bad job by the Jaguars Oline....

yet against one of the tougher defenses in the NFL he was able to put up some good numbers.. the first INT wasnt his fault.. it got tipped up by his receiver... the fumble

he was trying to hard to make something out of nothing, but the last pick was really bad choice by him... i think he was simply frustrated & tired...
Quote:Yes Hurricane, the guy who said luck is over rated he is. One game don't make a man. Even Blaine won. But the funny thing is. He beat the Falcons. Who I at one time compared to Farve. Who was originally drafted by who? The Falcons.

But anyway. The speed and non stop motor along with similar size reminds me of Simeon Rice does Telvin Smith. Have at it laugh. I am sure you could use one after today. I keep dreaming of Freddie T son playing for us.

Ohhhh I know you. The broken sentences....the nonsensical trains of thought....you are that "some people drive better drunk" guy. What was your old handle?
Quote:I don't know if I would say great game, but it wasnt bad.  I mean he took a nasty punishing hit after hit in this game... really bad job by the Jaguars Oline....

yet against one of the tougher defenses in the NFL he was able to put up some good numbers.. the first INT wasnt his fault.. it got tipped up by his receiver... the fumble

he was trying to hard to make something out of nothing, but the last pick was really bad choice by him... i think he was simply frustrated & tired...

Agreed. It was a great game in terms of sheer production, but he was getting beat up all day. The first INT was actually a great play by him just to get it out on time and on target, but it did have quite a bit of heat on it wherein the WR was only able to tip up for grabs. On the fumble he was being slammed by multiple defenders and never had a chance to tuck it or throw it. I have to think that most qbs in this league would have suffered a similar fate on that play. What irks me about that play was Parnell failing to recover it for the offense. He nearly had it. The final play looked like a panic throw as time was running out, but really that's what you call a garbage time INT. It was over by then.

The problem is he's not being coached right and he is forgetting his mechanics.  I'm not the only one who noticed is "Leftwich" throwing motion, and his constant throwing off his back foot.  It needs to change, and he needs a coach that can correct this not just in the pre-season, but when the game actually counts.

Quote:Ohhhh I know you. The broken sentences....the nonsensical trains of thought....you are that "some people drive better drunk" guy. What was your old handle?

Read his posts with a Yoda voice. Fun it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11