Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags 6-10 at best this year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
it has nothing to do with confidence in the team,nor being postive or negtiave. Its reality our team is still growing. 

4 of our first 6 games are againest teams that made playoffs last year.    Panthers made playoffs, dolphins just missed playoffs, colts made playoffs,pats won super bowl. we haven't ever won a game in london. 

we will do good to win 6 games this year. 

10 losses by blowouts or close games?
6-10 and being in games sounds like a realistic season in the sense that we're improving and there's reason to be hopeful. I would take that this year. Anything worse with blowout losses and I am about done with the Gus juice.

The Jags really need Gus to win enough to stay

The last thing Blake needs is 3 OC's in 3 years
Quote:The Jags really need Gus to win enough to stay

If he doesn't atleast make it to 8-8 this season, I just don't see how Gus can be considered the "answer" at head coach.  We all saw Blake is a good QB that can win us games on his own.  I just don't know if he is able to win 8 without great leadership and game planning behind him.
Panthers had a losing record in a terrible division and the Dolphins could've have lost to us if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot. The Patriots won't have Brady and lost Revis, Browner, and Wilfork this off-season. That game is winnable. The Colts haven't gotten better, they've acquired washed up Andre Johnson and Frank Gore during the off-season. If Luck went down, they'd lose almost all of their games. Titans suck, Bucs suck, and the Jets have Geno Smith at QB. It is very possible the Jags could gain momentum early on in the season and crush these weaker teams. 

Panthers - Win

Dolphins - Loss

Patriots - Win

Colts - Loss

Bucs - Win

Texans - Loss

Bills - Loss

Jets - Win

Ravens - Loss

Titans - Win

Chargers - Win

Titans - Win

Colts - Win

Falcons - Loss

Saints - Win

Texans - Loss

9-7

Quote:Panthers had a losing record in a terrible division and the Dolphins could've have lost to us if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot. The Patriots won't have Brady and lost Revis, Browner, and Wilfork this off-season. That game is winnable. The Colts haven't gotten better, they've acquired washed up Andre Johnson and Frank Gore during the off-season. If Luck went down, they'd lose almost all of their games. Titans suck, Bucs suck, and the Jets have Geno Smith at QB. It is very possible the Jags could gain momentum early on in the season and crush these weaker teams. 

Panthers - Win

Dolphins - Loss

Patriots - Win

Colts - Win

Bucs - Win

Texans - Loss

Bills - Loss

Jets - Win

Ravens - Loss

Titans - Win

Chargers - Win

Titans - Win

Colts - Loss

Falcons - Loss

Saints - Win

Texans - Loss

9-7

I know we will beat the Titans twice, Texans once, and Bucs.  But that might be a hard schedule to hit 9-7.
Quote:I know we will beat the Titans twice, Texans once, and Bucs.  But that might be a hard schedule to hit 9-7.
I have teal glasses and kool-aid. I wanted to say 16-0.
Quote:I have teal glasses and kool-aid. I wanted to say 16-0.

Well I'll say 19-0. Suck it Patriots
Quote:

Did he say "monkey fighting"?
Quote:The Jags really need Gus to win enough to stay

Blake already has 3 OCs in 3 years. In fact this year he has 3 OCs on the same staff.
Gus' job is safe for at least one more year provided he reaches 6 wins, and I'm sure he will. My official prediction is now 8-8 up from a 7-9 prediction before the preseason began due to increased confidence in Blake. The rest of the team is about where I expected them to be all along.

Having said this, I expect most of the wins to come down the stretch as I'm envisioning an 0-4, or at best 1-3 start. Those really are some tough teams we're up against. I'm actually a bit shocked at how lightly some here take the Panthers and Dolphins to be.

Seriously, I don't think we'll be a playoff team until we get rid of those monkey fighting helmets on this monday through friday team!
Quote:Gus' job is safe for at least one more year provided he reaches 6 wins, and I'm sure he will. My official prediction is now 8-8 up from a 7-9 prediction before the preseason began due to increased confidence in Blake. The rest of the team is about where I expected them to be all along.

Having said this, I expect most of the wins to come down the stretch as I'm envisioning an 0-4, or at best 1-3 start. Those really are some tough teams we're up against. I'm actually a bit shocked at how lightly some here take the Panthers and Dolphins to be.

I'm drunk.  But you're crazy if you think we go 0-4 to start.  We're easily 2-2 and possibly 3-1 after the first month...

Edit++++ this was my 5,000'th  post...  Just want to say, I wish my post above this one was the the 5K breaker...  But we take what we get.

I just want thank the mods for not banning me, it probably should have happened 4,999 posts ago.  But I'll take it.  

Also, thanks to JagI, flsprtgd, Malabar, and JJ for being so annoying that I have to incessintly check this MB.  TED, Boudreaumw, Rico, TJ, Senor Fantastico, ShackDelRio, wrong_box, you guys are also great.  Love reading all the post you guys write up!

C'MONJags and CSO14, you my boys!!!  NYJAGs, you're the rock I lean on for level headedness.  Bullseye, I learn so much from you.  Anonymous, Kane, all you guys...

JayCarter, and Mvonstann, you guys have great takes...  

(music begins playing)

If there's anyone I missed, you know I'll thank you all at post 10K!!!

(presenter beginning to push me from the podium)

JW, will you marry me????????   

(Clown begins to sweep me away with push broom)

Would it kill you guys to play a little Fog Hat?!?!?!?

Such inferiority complex. I didn't read a word of the thread, by the way. Season hasn't started. We looked legit. The guys that matter,that is. D average, O could surprise. Let's stop pretending to know what we know squat about. Let's watch and see how all this unfolds...
Jags will win a minimum of 9 games this season.

I agree that the Jags are 6-10 at best but not with your reasoning.

You're killing me with the 3-1 possibility. Simply put, I'll be ecstatic if we go 1-3, and for my 8-8 prediction to be true we probably do have to win one of the first four games. These teams we're facing out of the gate are not exactly slouches

P.S., congrats on 5000 posts. You're in esteemed company.

Playing the AFC South and NFC South is a tough schedule?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13