Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blackmon can apply for reinstatement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Since it's past November 1st, right?
I believe so
What a bonus it would be to have this guy back on the field in 2015. I am only afraid that he and AR15 are too much alike and we still haven't found that #1 guy who can stretch the field.

I wonder if we will hear anything soon
Can't believe how much this dude has turned his life around.  I mean, to see someone so active in the community trying to get back on track is utterly amazing.  I must admit I had my doubts but it looks like he's matured tremendously since his suspension.  What a wake up call !!!   Looking forward to seeing him soon.   JB14 - Welcome Back To The Bank !!!

Quote:What a bonus it would be to have this guy back on the field in 2015. I am only afraid that he and AR15 are too much alike and we still haven't found that #1 guy who can stretch the field.
Allen Hurns.
Quote:Can't believe how much this dude has turned his life around. I mean, to see someone so active in the community trying to get back on track is utterly amazing. I must admit I had my doubts but it looks like he's matured tremendously since his suspension. What a wake up call !!! Looking forward to seeing him soon. JB14 - Welcome Back To The Bank !!!

I'm just going to be honest with you, dude. I'm leaving towards sarcasm, but I have no idea whether this is sarcasm or not. The text tone got me on this one. Haha help me out here! If it's not, what community activities?
Quote:Allen Hurns.

It will take more than 9 games to convince me that an undrafted free agent can be our go-to deep threat. We shall see.
Quote:Allen Hurns.
He definitely has #1 potential. With a full season under his belt and another strong offseason, he could make major strides next year.
Quote:I'm just going to be honest with you, dude. I'm leaving towards sarcasm, but I have no idea whether this is sarcasm or not. The text tone got me on this one. Haha help me out here! If it's not, what community activities?

Was thinking the same thing. I assume he is kidding.
I find it easier to find current information on people in the Witness Protection Program that I do on JB. 

Im glad as it turned out you was being sarcastic Hurricane!

Hopefully if he does come back as good as he was when he left we could have him and Robinson lining up just doing cross route with Lee and Hurns on the sideline routes, would be deadly.

Hell we could have Lewis permanantly blocking and we should still be able to make plays
Quote:It will take more than 9 games to convince me that an undrafted free agent can be our go-to deep threat. We shall see.
Jimmy Smith says hi.

He was considered a nobody when the jags signed him.
Quote:Jimmy Smith says hi.

He was considered a nobody when the jags signed him.
In fairness, he was actually drafted in the second round in 1992.

He battled a broken leg his rookie year and an appendectomy the second year, and Rich Kotite in Philadelphia before coming to Jacksonville.
I beleilve once he is done with his rehab in San Diego he will apply for reinstatement. Last month he was half way through, but I do not know when he started and how long this rehab of his is but i did hear he is doing great and he wants to get back on track. That being said he owes us like what 3 years, hopefully 3 years of elite WR. What I see in Blackmon that i don't see in any of our WR's is that fact that Blackmon can run routes and break away from defenders easily. The number one asset he has is snatching the ball in air and gaining yards after the catch and contact. If he brings what he brought his rookie year, he will be 2X better with Bortles than he was with Gabbert/Henne. Blackmon creates separation and grabs the ball out of the air, which will tremendously help Bortles. I like to compare Ben and Anotnio Brown to Bortles and Blackmon. Blackmon lacks the speed of Brown but he can do all the things Brown can do. It just makes me so excited to see this team develop, even though we are not winning we are a much better team then last year. I hope our WR group is AR15 with JB14. Bye bye Shorts please let him walk. I would love Lee to become our SLOT receiver with the speed he has up the middle he can burn any LB in this league. Maybe sign a Julius Thomas as TE. Replace Beadles and find an upgrade at RT and we have ourselves a offense guys. With the defense playing pretty good and with a draft coming up, all i can see is a great young team developing into stars. One thing or two I would love to see change are ST coordinator and Offensive Coordinator. We need something Big Ben got with Todd Haley. We need a verteran former head coach with an offensive mind set to develop Blake Bortles. Maybe Packers QB coach? IDK but I'm happy Im a Jag

How many players have returned to form after being away from the game as long as Blackmon has? I'm not expecting much from him if he ever does come back.
Lets just stay positive. If everyone was the same what kind of world would we be living in? Lets hope Blackmon is different than all of the other suspended players.

Quote:What a bonus it would be to have this guy back on the field in 2015. I am only afraid that he and AR15 are too much alike and we still haven't found that #1 guy who can stretch the field.

Better complain about it.  That should help.
I read somewhere that Blackmon has to wait u til tomorrow to reapply as Tuesday is the start of the NFL week.
Im pretty sure he cant play this year, but if he reinstates will the NFL still suspend him for the first 4-8 games or no?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13