Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 12 seconds.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
You had 12 seconds to try to pick up more yardage.

Bradley's so incompetent sometimes it hurts my very fingertips as I type this.

No timeouts, if the player is tackled inbounds or Bortles is sacked its game over.  Lots of coaching decisions to question today, this isn't one of them.

What if he was sacked?
I really didnt see the point of not trying to get closer. 55 yards wasnt exactly close

Should be getting mad at Hurns. He could have gotten at least another 5 yards.
Quote:No timeouts, if the player is tackled inbounds or Bortles is sacked its game over. Lots of coaching decisions to question today, this isn't one of them.

Quote:What if he was sacked?

Exactly.
Quote:What if he was sacked?

With a 3 man rush? Then it's your qbs fault. You line up for a hail Mary and throw it short and run out of bounds
And it was 3rd down, so no spike if the play blows up. It was the right call.

Quote:No timeouts, if the player is tackled inbounds or Bortles is sacked its game over.  Lots of coaching decisions to question today, this isn't one of them.

Trust your quarterback and line to not take a sack there and improve your chances of making the kick. It's 3rd and 2 and the defense is at a disadvantage from a predictability standpoint.

I just don't agree with it and I didn't even before the snap.

Quote:Should be getting mad at Hurns. He could have gotten at least another 5 yards.

Sure but he's an UDFA rookie that's played well above expectations.  It's hard to be too mad in that situation.

Gus on the other hand has coached well below his expectations and made more coaching decisions that some would say are questionable.  Gus is a great guy but this team is still making so many errors from coaching to the players it's almost sickening.
Quote:You had 12 seconds to try to pick up more yardage.

How would you feel if that play was tipped and picked? Probably would've said Kick It. I to wanted another play but such is life
Quote:Trust your quarterback and line to not take a sack there and improve your chances of moving the football. It's 3rd and 2 and the defense is at a disadvantage from a predictability standpoint.

I just don't agree with it and I didn't even before the snap.
Defense isn't at that much of a disadvantage in that scenario, you drop into pass protection, guard the sidelines and force them to throw into the middle of the field.   If Gus didn't waste his timeout on a bad challenge it would've been a different scenario. 
Quote:Should be getting mad at Hurns. He could have gotten at least another 5 yards.
 His momentum was carrying him out of bounds, and it wasn't until he was practically OB that he turned up field to see there was space to run. Just drop it.
Quote:You had 12 seconds to try to pick up more yardage.

It was the right call, brother. Scobee's kick looked low anyway IMO.
Quote:Defense isn't at that much of a disadvantage in that scenario, you drop into pass protection, guard the sidelines and force them to throw into the middle of the field.   If Gus didn't waste his timeout on a bad challenge it would've been a different scenario. 
And this is why I would've called a run up the middle. It's 3rd and 2 with 12 seconds left. Plenty of time to pick up the first and spike the ball. You have to trust your offense to be able to pick up two yards.

The waste of timeouts is certainly another story that probably begs more criticism than this call.
Quote:

And this is why I would've called a run up the middle. It's 3rd and 2 with 12 seconds left. Plenty of time to pick up the first and spike the ball. You have to trust your offense to be able to pick up two yards.

The waste of timeouts is certainly another story that probably begs more criticism than this call.

Lol
the kick was blocked.... it wouldnt have matter if we were 5 yards closer

Quote:And this is why I would've called a run up the middle. It's 3rd and 2 with 12 seconds left. Plenty of time to pick up the first and spike the ball. You have to trust your offense to be able to pick up two yards.

It's an interesting thought for sure.  It's riskier then you may think.  The bottom line is, if it works then it's a great call, if not then we're having another thread on how dumb it was!
Quote:Lol
Against 3 down lineman?

Again, you have to trust your offense to pick up the first down. Worst case scenario, it becomes 4th down and you're forced to line up quickly and throw a quick hail mary from the opponent's 40. Perfectly doable.
Running up the middle with 12 seconds left? Lol I promise you had that happened every Titan player would have held the RB up as long as possible and laid on top of them for as long as possible after the tackle. Get real. Scoobe has that range to make the kick. Just unfortunate that it played out like it did. Look on the bright side of Bortles being a heck of an athlete
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10