Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: IMO Chad Henne is going to walk as a free agent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
We as football fans have seen the NFL team's most important players are being resigned by them and yet him and Caldwell hasn't come to terms for the veteran minimum to stay here in Jacksonville. I think they both want to move on from each other because in Caldwell's case he could get his QB at #3 and Chad Henne knows he can make more money as a back up QB from other teams around the league.

:mellow:

I wasn't aware that Caldwell said all he was offering was the Veterans Minimum.

I believe that the Jaguars plan on Chad being an intregal part of the team going forward.

It is still early

HeadSlap

Quote:I wasn't aware that Caldwell said all he was offering was the Veterans Minimum.

I believe that the Jaguars plan on Chad being an intregal part of the team going forward.

It is still early

HeadSlap
You're right caldwell hasn't said that publicly but why would a GM such as him would pay a stop gap guy more than veteran minimum when you know at best he might play half the season and the young qb would take over the reins from there. At some point he's going to have to show progress to Shad Khan with his young players especially at the qb position and we all know that chad henne isn't the guy caldwell building his team around moving forward. 

Quote:You're right caldwell hasn't said that publicly but why would a GM such as him would pay a stop gap guy more than veteran minimum when you know at best he might play half the season and the young qb would take over the reins from there. At some point he's going to have to show progress to Shad Khan with his young players especially at the qb position and we all know that chad henne isn't the guy caldwell building his team around moving forward. 

Caldwell will probably offer a 2-year deal at 3 million per year.   I think that would be a fair deal for both sides.   Caldwell wants Henne to stay so he won't be forced to take a QB in the draft.   He'll take a QB in the draft if it's the right guy, but he doesn't want to be forced into it by not having anyone on the team who can play QB.  

Don't sleep on #11...

BWAHAHAHAHA :teehee:

Quote:Caldwell will probably offer a 2-year deal at 3 million per year.   I think that would be a fair deal for both sides.   Caldwell wants Henne to stay so he won't be forced to take a QB in the draft.   He'll take a QB in the draft if it's the right guy, but he doesn't want to be forced into it by not having anyone on the team who can play QB.  

3 million dollars per year is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for a guy of Henne's quality.

The Jaguars can be terrible with Gabbert under center, no reason to pay a guy like Henne anything more than Veterans minimum to be terrible.

Quote:I wasn't aware that Caldwell said all he was offering was the Veterans Minimum.

It is still early

HeadSlap

If Henne has the belief he can go out and get paid significantly more than vet min on the open market then Caldwell needs to let him go get it. This isn't a team that needs to waste extra money on guys that don't contribute to winning just to fill out roster slots.
Quote:3 million dollars per year is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for a guy of Henne's quality.

The Jaguars can be terrible with Gabbert under center, no reason to pay a guy like Henne anything more than Veterans minimum to be terrible.

Henne is better than Gabbert.   I'm really sorry to say it, because I was hoping Blaine would be our QB, but after watching last season, Henne is MUCH better than Gabbert.  
I sincerely hope Henne and Gabbert are both gone before the start of the season.  I'm sure they're both good guys, but they are just too entwined in what has been a QB carousel for the past 2 seasons.  That needs to be done and over.  Cut Gabbert, let Henne walk, draft a couple of guys, and let the new crop take it going forward.  The whole mentoring stuff is crap too.  If they need a mentor, let that be the QB coach.  

Quote:3 million dollars per year is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for a guy of Henne's quality.

If Henne has the belief he can go out and get paid significantly more than vet min on the open market then Caldwell needs to let him go get it. This isn't a team that needs to waste extra money on guys that don't contribute to winning just to fill out roster slots.
Henne is lightyears better than Gabbert.
What is happening with Blaine Gabbert? I heard rumors about him possibly being traded for a draft pick a few months ago.

Quote:What is happening with Blaine Gabbert? I heard rumors about him possibly being traded for a draft pick a few months ago.
There has been literally no such thing.
Quote:Henne is lightyears better than Gabbert.

Which only says something about Gabbert, not Henne.

On any team with anything resembling quality at the QB position a guy like Henne would be jettisoned at anything over the league minimum.

Point still stands, the Jaguars were absolute garbage with Henne under center, and they don't need to pay millions of dollars a year to be absolute garbage.
Quote:What is happening with Blaine Gabbert? I heard rumors about him possibly being traded for a draft pick a few months ago.

:no:
Henne = Bad player not owed anything, free agent. Money could be used elsewhere.

Gabbert = Bad player that will be paid if he is here or not. Money is gone already.

Team will fail with either. Makes me ill to think of either of the two starting. :yucky:

Quote:You're right caldwell hasn't said that publicly but why would a GM such as him would pay a stop gap guy more than veteran minimum when you know at best he might play half the season and the young qb would take over the reins from there. At some point he's going to have to show progress to Shad Khan with his young players especially at the qb position and we all know that chad henne isn't the guy caldwell building his team around moving forward. 
GMs pay more than the veteran minimum for back up QBs.
With Henne gone,  it is time for Gabbert to shine.  He's got the height, weight, arm strength to play QB in the NFL.  It's the mental part that's been lacking.  I believe it is there now and it is his time to prove the non-believers. 

My god I hope you are right. I'll be playing Pharrel's happy song all day if he signs somewhere else.
Quote:My god I hope you are right. I'll be playing Pharrel's happy song all day if he signs somewhere else.

Me to!
You keep him until someone can take the job from him.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10