Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does watching Seattle excite you about what the Jags are building?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I've heard a few people refer to us as Seattle South. Just wondering if the type of players we bring in and the schemes we run excite you? Seattle built a physical team and are fun to watch. Wouldn't mind Jacksonville building an identity like that.
Who wouldn't like it? Those guys are good. Bradley and Caldwell are probably comparing notes on how to build a similar roster as we speak.

At times they sicken me to watch. We passed up Earl Thomas for Alualu, and Russell Wilson for Anger.
Quote:At times they sicken me to watch. We passed up Earl Thomas for Alualu, and Russell Wilson for Anger.
I've let all that go.. New era better build.
Quote:At times they sicken me to watch. We passed up Earl Thomas for Alualu, and Russell Wilson for Anger.

I have this problem while watching too! :yes:
Quote:I've let all that go.. New era better build.

I get what you are saying... but it's hard for me to do when I see the standings the past couple of years and see them at or near the top because of those guys and we are at or near the bottom. Kinda hard for me to do when I see them on my TV with home field advantage in the playoffs as I type this while my Jaguars are not playing until next season.
I get excited about our young defense watching the 'hawks.   We can expect to see some similarities in time on that side of the ball.  I think that's where the comparison ends, however. 

We don't know what is to become of our offense until we find a QB - and the playbook will obviously be tailored to play to his strengths at that point. There's no reason, at this point,  to assume it will be anything like Seattle's offense. 

The biggest thing to remember about Seattle is that they have acquired a lot of really good players.  We are a long way from that right now.

In Gene We Trust

Look on the bright side. The addition of those two players might have saved Mike Mularky and Gene Smith their jobs.
Doesn't make me excited.  I am going to wait until the Jags actually play like the Seahawks before I make that comment. 

And I am with what Bullseye said a few posts earlier. 

Quote:Look on the bright side. The addition of those two players might have saved Mike Mularky and Gene Smith their jobs.

Ahh...good point.
I was sure we were going to pick Earl Thomas in 2010.

I still can't fathom why we didn't.

You people act like it is rocket science in developing a competent roster. 

QB

D and O Line

Passrusher

Secondary

Skill positions

The issue is not really how you do it but who you draft. 

I get excited watching the Colts, Patriots, Denver, Niners, Carolina....basically any team that appears to get getting it "right". 

Not really. I like what we are doing tho.
I love watching defensive teams, so if ours will be anything similar to Seattles, sign me up.

Quote:I was sure we were going to pick Earl Thomas in 2010.

I still can't fathom why we didn't.

Gene Smith.
Quote:I've heard a few people refer to us as Seattle South. Just wondering if the type of players we bring in and the schemes we run excite you? Seattle built a physical team and are fun to watch. Wouldn't mind Jacksonville building an identity like that.
The fact that Seattle has felt zero negative impact from losing Gus Bradley just convinces me he had little or nothing to do with Seattle's defensive success in the first place.

Caldwell did know that Pete Carroll is a defensive guru before he thought about hiring his defensive underling, Gus Bradley, a man with no prior head coaching experience at any level of play, right?
Hopefully the folks we have in charge now won't pass on those opportunities that present themselves. This team has a ways to go to get on Seattle's level.

Not really. Not at all. Seattle is not winning or making any SB's if they play like that next week. The passing game was horrible for the Seahawks and that Saints D isn't all that tough. 

Defensive games are like watching paint dry. 

Quote:I've heard a few people refer to us as Seattle South. Just wondering if the type of players we bring in and the schemes we run excite you? Seattle built a physical team and are fun to watch. Wouldn't mind Jacksonville building an identity like that.

What struck me watching the Seahawks yesterday was that they built a team that doesn't really rely on their QB for success.   All Wilson did yesterday was manage the game.   He didn't have to do much at all.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13