Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Was the tank plan in effect before the start of the season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This team is somehow worse then it was last season.  AT home the Jaguars are a whipping post.  Just flat out awful.

So the team was 2-14 last year and what did the organization do to improve this team:

1. Hired an unproven GM and Head Coach.  I don't know if Bradley/Caldwell will build this team back up again.  It's just a little confusing to not hire a coach or gm with a track record of success.  I know both of these two had success in their previous positions but not in their current ones.

2. 99% of NFL fans and media knew Gabbert was garbage and Henne is not good enough. 0 was done to improve this.  The most important position in all of sports was untouched. 

3.  Tons of cap space but very little spending.  Yeah I know build through the draft but every team has a handful of FA's that help in their success.  This team has millions sitting in unspent cap space and spending like their on welfare.  With the holes on this team, building through the draft is going to take a very long time.  This team lacks talent all over the field

4.  The team preached changing the culture of this team.  I do see change but for the worse

The bottom line is this was a terrible team the last few years and there were very few upgrades in this offseason.  Who knows if this team will be successful under the current Regime but the arrow is very much pointing down

So because they didn't attempt to fix everything this year, the arrow is pointed down?

Got it.
Y'all like this in real life? Just wondering because I hope not.

Quote:So because they didn't attempt to fix everything this year, the arrow is pointed down?

Got it.

Not at all.

They didn't fix anything.  The secondary is slightly improved but nothing else has been improved
I can see you're right back to it.  Good show.

Quote:Y'all like this in real life? Just wondering because I hope not.
Like what exactly?

Should we praise and be happy for a team that sucks? 
1. Like who?

2. Kinda surprised about that myself. This is 2012 part II.

3. They got this part right.
Quote:I can see you're right back to it.  Good show.
Why should I change? The team hasn't
Quote:This team is somehow worse then it was last season.  AT home the Jaguars are a whipping post.  Just flat out awful.

So the team was 2-14 last year and what did the organization do to improve this team:

1. Hired an unproven GM and Head Coach.  I don't know if Bradley/Caldwell will build this team back up again.  It's just a little confusing to not hire a coach or gm with a track record of success.  I know both of these two had success in their previous positions but not in their current ones.

2. 99% of NFL fans and media knew Gabbert was garbage and Henne is not good enough. 0 was done to improve this.  The most important position in all of sports was untouched. 

3.  Tons of cap space but very little spending.  Yeah I know build through the draft but every team has a handful of FA's that help in their success.  This team has millions sitting in unspent cap space and spending like their on welfare.  With the holes on this team, building through the draft is going to take a very long time.  This team lacks talent all over the field

4.  The team preached changing the culture of this team.  I do see change but for the worse

The bottom line is this was a terrible team the last few years and there were very few upgrades in this offseason.  Who knows if this team will be successful under the current Regime but the arrow is very much pointing down
Ravens Harbaugh, Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Bill Belicheck... Everyone is an unproven Head Coach until they actually get a chance to BE a head coach.
Quote:Ravens Harbaugh, Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Bill Belicheck... Everyone is an unproven Head Coach until they actually get a chance to BE a head coach.
There is a list 1000x times that of first time HC's that sucked.  Good job naming a few examples
Quote:Not at all.

They didn't fix anything. The secondary is slightly improved but nothing else has been improved
I hate to tell you, but you just contradicted yourself in the span of two sentences.
With the exception of Alex Smith, who were they supposed to get?  I mean Geno has looked pretty good and I am sure they had trouble passing on him, but I enjoy watching Cyprien. 

Like the almighty Rico said, you can't fix everything in one off season.  They actually still have to cut some players that they probably wanted to cut this year but couldn't because they had to put something on the field.  It just shows how bad Gene Smith really is.  He left us nothing.  Well, he did leave us J blackmon and Shorts so I will give him credit for those two players.  Other than that, squat. 

Just messing with you Rico. 

Quote: 

So what do you suggest they should have done? Traded for Alex Smith, Carson Palmer or Matt Flynn? Sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel?
Quote:There is a list 1000x times that of first time HC's that sucked.  Good job naming a few examplesYou
You're so smart!
Quote:I hate to tell you, but you just contradicted yourself in the span of two sentences.
If you want to count a slightly improved secondary then whoo hoo
Quote:With the exception of Alex Smith, who were they supposed to get? I mean Geno has looked pretty good and I am sure they had trouble passing on him, but I enjoy watching Cyprien.

Like the almighty Rico said, you can't fix everything in one off season. They actually still have to cut some players that they probably wanted to cut this year but couldn't because they had to put something on the field. It just shows how bad Gene Smith really is. He left us nothing. Well, he did leave us J blackmon and Shorts so I will give him credit for those two players. Other than that, squat.

Just messing with you Rico.
Damn, I guess I should put down my scepter.
Quote:So what do you suggest they should have done? Traded for Alex Smith, Carson Palmer or Matt Flynn? Sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel?
I was all for Alex Smith. 

They could of drafted a QB in the first 3 rounds. 
Quote:This team is somehow worse then it was last season.  AT home the Jaguars are a whipping post.  Just flat out awful.
How are they tanking? I hate people who blame the team for tanking just because we suck. Us being horrible was predicted. How is this so hard to understand?
Oh goodie!! More doom, gloom and conspiracy!   

Caldwell knew this year would be rough and it would take at least two offseasons to right the ship.  He's said it repeatedly in so many words.  This isn't some mysterious process.  Several teams have taken the approach before . (some better than others) 

Why must we make it more complex than it is.  It's a rebuild emphasizing the draft.   It'll take more than one offseason and it'll cost more than 7 losses.  Some of you have no leather. 

Quote:So what do you suggest they should have done? Traded for Alex Smith, Carson Palmer or Matt Flynn? Sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel?

I guess why sign a quarterback to be terrible when you're already good at it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11