Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keys to Beating New England
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
IMO, very simple. Thrive with run game, eat clock, keep Tom next to his space heater. Take chances, but be smart about them. Let's not forget that their defense isn't that great BUT their coach is. He is going to try to take away what we do best on offense, so we need to be creative.

As far as defense goes, if you pressure Tom up the middle, he is a different quarterback. I watched what Brady did to the tacks yesterday, and while we aren't the tacks, Ben threw for a ton on us today. I am looking forward to this matchup and think we have a legit shot at beating them. I hope the coaches go back and focus on how Miami beat them near the end of the season.
Weather looking a little better there. 51 high 37 low. Not terribly cold. Hope it holds.

To beat Brady you need inside pressure, we have a little bit of that. You need to disrupt his timing, he is a get the ball out quick guy, we struggle mightily with that. We need to find a way to get pressure up the middle on Brady. If we get to him I really like our chances.
brady cant throw deep. our defense wont give up big plays this game. hopefully our dline gets pressure unlike most of today.
Not gonna happen.

And if, by some effed up reason it does...

...go Vikings!
I think Ramsey on Gronk should seriously be considered. I don’t like any of our S, LB’s or Colvin covering him. Gronk changes that team dramatically.
(01-14-2018, 06:40 PM)Dixon Wrote: [ -> ]brady cant throw deep. our defense wont give up big plays this game. hopefully our dline gets pressure unlike most of today.

I hope this is true, because I have seen Brady throw some deep "dimes" over the years. But admittedly, I haven't watched him much this season.

Seattle and now Pitt have both shown that this defense is SUPER vulnerable on long passing plays, especially on late and critcal/miracle downs. 

You can bet the Pats have seen that. Expect at least a couple deep tries by them when they have the ball on a 3rd/4th down and Forever. 

**Pressure up the middle on Brady,, and possession/running game by the Jags offense will give them an EXCELLENT shot at winning that game.
The Jags D needs to blitz Brady, throw the defense at him. The Man is average when pressured. Knock him on his [BLEEP] a few times and see if you can un-nerve him.
(01-14-2018, 06:45 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]I think Ramsey on Gronk should seriously be considered. I don’t like any of our S, LB’s or Colvin covering him. Gronk changes that team dramatically.

Bouye did a good job on JImmy Graham.  I would trust Ramsey to not get beat deep by Cooks slightly more.
I have been lurking here for a while, European NFL fan who has always like the Jags and loves to watch the Patriots play. I guess it’s like watching the Bulls in the 90’s.

Although Gronk is a huge weapon, Pats won the title without him last season. Also Brady threw deep a lot this season, mostly because of Cooks. If you leave him open Brady will find him.

Pats usually start slow and adjust to what the other team does, so end of 2nd quarter/start of second half you have to be careful. That’s where Pats usually blow games wide open.

You haven’t seen it much this year, but if Burkhead is healthy and Pats struggle B.B. will go to two backs and send them both out on routes. They were getting whatever they wanted with that setup early in the year and you haven’t seen it since.

And Jags need points. Pats will score 24+ and running on them the whole game won’t work, so Bortles will have to play well. Brady can throw a pick and come back with 4 TD’s without breaking a sweat. And someone suggested blitzing: you should look at the numbers when teams send extra defenders on Brady. That is not a good idea at all.

It will be a great game, but personally I think these teams are playing for second place. This looks to be the Vikings season.
(01-14-2018, 07:18 PM)daspenguin Wrote: [ -> ]I have been lurking here for a while, European NFL fan who has always like the Jags and loves to watch the Patriots play. I guess it’s like watching the Bulls in the 90’s.

Although Gronk is a huge weapon, Pats won the title without him last season. Also Brady threw deep a lot this season, mostly because of Cooks. If you leave him open Brady will find him.

Pats usually start slow and adjust to what the other  team does, so end of 2nd quarter/start of second half you have to be careful. That’s where Pats usually blow games wide open.

You haven’t seen it much this year, but if Burkhead is healthy and Pats struggle B.B. will go to two backs and send them both out on routes. They were getting whatever they wanted with that setup early in the year and you haven’t seen it since.

And Jags need points. Pats will score 24+ and running on them the whole game won’t work, so Bortles will have to play well. Brady can throw a pick and come back with 4 TD’s without breaking a sweat. And someone suggested blitzing: you should look at the numbers when teams send extra defenders on Brady. That is not a good idea at all.

It will be a great game, but personally I think these teams are playing for second place. This looks to be the Vikings season.

I'm making my guess that alot of pressure gets to and can beat Brady, because, well,,,,

Over the years, especially in big time games, the times I have seen Brady get beat is when the other team gets constant pressure on him.

- Giants were relentless in the Superbowls.
- Denver was all over him in the AFCC game.
- The Chiefs were all over him in the loss that spurred Belichek to say "we're on to Cincinnati"
- I also personally attended a game in Cincy where the Bengals D-line were relentless on him and they beat the Pats due to it  (a few seasons ago when Cincy's pass rush was superb)

What I've seen is that you beat Brady by pressuring him.

Otherwise, I agree that it's gonna be tough to get a victory. I mean it's ONLY the GOAT QB, Coach, and in a super difficult venue like Gillette Stadium.
(01-14-2018, 06:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, very simple. Thrive with run game, eat clock, keep Tom next to his space heater. Take chances, but be smart about them. Let's not forget that their defense isn't that great BUT their coach is. He is going to try to take away what we do best on offense, so we need to be creative.

As far as defense goes, if you pressure Tom up the middle, he is a different quarterback. I watched what Brady did to the tacks yesterday, and while we aren't the tacks, Ben threw for a ton on us today. I am looking forward to this matchup and think we have a legit shot at beating them. I hope the coaches go back and focus on how Miami beat them near the end of the season.

All you needed to post.  I hope we can do it.
Of course pressure will hurt every QB, but like the Broncos and Giants you have to pressure him without sending extra guys. Brady is too good at getting rid of the ball and finding someone for a 5 yard gain. Brady is also better now against pressure than when he was younger. Denver beat him up like 20+ times in one game, and it still came down to the final possession. I think stopping the running backs when they run routes will be key. Just ask Atlanta how they faired against White.
(01-14-2018, 07:08 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]The Jags D needs to blitz Brady,  throw the defense at him. The Man is average when pressured. Knock him on his [BLEEP] a few times and see if you can un-nerve him.
Blitzing Brady is the worst thing you can do.

You rush 4 and get pressure up the middle.
(01-14-2018, 07:08 PM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2018, 06:40 PM)Dixon Wrote: [ -> ]brady cant throw deep. our defense wont give up big plays this game. hopefully our dline gets pressure unlike most of today.

I hope this is true, because I have seen Brady throw some deep "dimes" over the years. But admittedly, I haven't watched him much this season.

Seattle and now Pitt have both shown that this defense is SUPER vulnerable on long passing plays, especially on late and critcal/miracle downs. 

You can bet the Pats have seen that. Expect at least a couple deep tries by them when they have the ball on a 3rd/4th down and Forever. 

**Pressure up the middle on Brady,, and possession/running game by the Jags offense will give them an EXCELLENT shot at winning that game.

Brady can throw deep but he has only one deep threat in Cooks, and he only trys about 3 deep shots a game, dont expect he to be launching it like Big Ben, with our speed at LB we have to slow the their short passing game, and get pressure with out front 4.
(01-14-2018, 07:08 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]The Jags D needs to blitz Brady,  throw the defense at him. The Man is average when pressured. Knock him on his [BLEEP] a few times and see if you can un-nerve him.

We have a defence that does not need to blitz. Our front four cang give them all they want by themselves. Shut down the run and keep the extra players in coverage on passing plays.
The key is to score more points
As Vic used to say, the quarterback must go down and he must go down hard. Rush 4, cover well. Be disciplined. No taunting or late hit penalties. Don’t give them an inch or they will take the mile.

It’s a tall order but it’s been done before. Jets in 2010. Ravens I 2009 and 2012. Broncos in 2015. Lets go Jags
I may have mentioned this before...

[BLEEP] the Patriots.
Pressure Brady, run the ball.
Gotta do what happened today. Go up two scores and then hold on. The refs will be throwing flags against us at will and swallowing flags against the evil empire.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22