Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Could Kessler win with this team.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Bipolar blake is what he is.  A hot and cold QB.   Kessler had a good year in 2016 with the browns until they dumped him for other Qbs. He had a really good preseason but never really went against first team defense.  This team need stability.  Could he win this team?

Bortles against is leading the league in int's and 33rd in Qb rating.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?t...ERCEPTIONS
Kessler is not better than Blake.
(10-07-2018, 09:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Bipolar blake is what he is.  A hot and cold QB.   Kessler had a good year in 2016 with the browns until they dumped him for other Qbs. He had a really good preseason but never really went against first team defense.  This team need stability.  Could he win this team?

Marrone ended up being a better coach than Gus, so anything is possible I guess. Unfortunately Caldwell is tied to Bortles, so unless Bortles gets hurt to the point that he can’t play, he’s going to remain being the starting QB.
(10-07-2018, 09:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Kessler is not better than Blake.

Blake turned the ball over  5 times and most of not all were on him.  That simply cannot happen.  71ints since entering the league and also leading the league.
Too soon to start the Kessler talk IMO.
(10-07-2018, 09:36 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Bipolar blake is what he is.  A hot and cold QB.   Kessler had a good year in 2016 with the browns until they dumped him for other Qbs. He had a really good preseason but never really went against first team defense.  This team need stability.  Could he win this team?

Marrone ended up being a better coach than Gus, so anything is possible I guess. Unfortunately Caldwell is tied to Bortles, so unless Bortles gets hurt to the point that he can’t play, he’s going to remain being the starting QB.

Oh, so now Caldwell is running the show and making the decisions again? I thought Coughlin was running the show?

It's really comical how some of you on this forum flip flop back and forth to try and fit whatever you're trying to spin.
(10-07-2018, 09:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:36 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone ended up being a better coach than Gus, so anything is possible I guess. Unfortunately Caldwell is tied to Bortles, so unless Bortles gets hurt to the point that he can’t play, he’s going to remain being the starting QB.

Oh, so now Caldwell is running the show and making the decisions again? I thought Coughlin was running the show?

It's really comical how some of you on this forum flip flop back and forth to try and fit whatever you're trying to spin.

Who drafted Bortles again? Coughlin or Caldwell?
(10-07-2018, 09:48 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, so now Caldwell is running the show and making the decisions again? I thought Coughlin was running the show?

Who drafted Bortles again? Coughlin or Caldwell?

So Coughlin is just here to pull the wool over everybody's eyes and Caldwell is the man running the show?
how do people think kessler is so much worse than bortles? bortles leads the league in SCORING FOR THE OTHER TEAM over the last 4 years... THAT STAT IN AND OF ITSELF is awful

the games bortles has been good in have been filled with crossing routes where the WR's get tons of YAC.. he had the great throw to moncrief last week, but why cant kessler make that pass? I feel most of what blake does, kessler can hit, and if kessler can take care of the ball better, then he is better for this team

Bortles leads the league in tipped passes, the man is just awful
(10-07-2018, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:48 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]Who drafted Bortles again? Coughlin or Caldwell?

So Coughlin is just here to pull the wool over everybody's eyes and Caldwell is the man running the show?

Still the GM isn’t he? And you conveniently didn’t answer the question I noticed.
(10-07-2018, 09:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]So Coughlin is just here to pull the wool over everybody's eyes and Caldwell is the man running the show?

Still the GM isn’t he?

Is Coughlin not the Head of all Football Operations? And you conveniently didn't answer my original question as I noticed.
(10-07-2018, 09:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]Still the GM isn’t he?

Is Coughlin not the Head of all Football Operations?

He is. And what capacity over who the starting QB is a mystery to me.
(10-07-2018, 09:52 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]how do people think kessler is so much worse than bortles?  bortles leads the league in SCORING FOR THE OTHER TEAM over the last 4 years... THAT STAT IN AND OF ITSELF is awful

the games bortles has been good in have been filled with crossing routes where the WR's get tons of YAC.. he had the great throw to moncrief last week, but why cant kessler make that pass?  I feel most of what blake does, kessler can hit, and if kessler can take care of the ball better, then he is better for this team

Bortles leads the league in tipped passes, the man is just awful

Kessler's velocity is pretty craptastic.  You put him in and you can just remove most of your deep pass plays from the playbook. I think he's smarter with the football and he could probably run the dink and dunk stuff better.  But he's no clear upgrade and he'd make the offense less dynamic.

(10-07-2018, 09:55 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is Coughlin not the Head of all Football Operations?

That's not Caldwell's call either. It's Marrone's.
(10-07-2018, 09:55 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is Coughlin not the Head of all Football Operations?

Well there's two clear reasons why it's a mystery too you...

1. You're just a hater trying to spin idiot [BLEEP].
2. You're clueless.
(10-07-2018, 09:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:55 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]He is. And what capacity over who the starting QB is a mystery to me.

Well there's two clear reasons why it's a mystery too you...

2. You're clueless.
One thing I do know for sure; Blake has thrown more int’s than any other QB in the league since he’s been the starter, so stick that in your pipe and smoke on that for a while.
I'd give Matt Moore a chance but this team (Caldwell) is gonna go with Bortles all season and probably next too.
(10-07-2018, 09:59 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well there's two clear reasons why it's a mystery too you...

2. You're clueless.
One thing I do know for sure; Blake has thrown more int’s than any other QB in the league since he’s been the starter, so stick that in your pipe and smoke on that for a while.

Cool, everybody loves half told stats.
(10-07-2018, 10:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:59 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I do know for sure; Blake has thrown more int’s than any other QB in the league since he’s been the starter, so stick that in your pipe and smoke on that for a while.

Cool, everybody loves half told stats.
No buddy those are REAL stats. At this point it’s obvious you’re suffering from Stockholm Syndrome with the terrible QB play this franchise has been dealing with since Brunell retired.
(10-07-2018, 09:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Too soon to start the Kessler talk IMO.

I actually disagree. We know what we have in Bortles: a streaky QB who'll be a star some weeks, do just enough to win most of the time and occasionally get into a rut where he's taking hits he shouldn't, placing the ball five yards behind his receiver and hitting his offensive linemen in the back of the head with a screen pass. That's not good enough on this team, where we have Super Bowl talent on defense and just need a capable game manager to chew up clock and get us 14 points per game.

Bortles isn't that guy. We've been waiting for a few years now to get his head screwed on straight, and at this point, if this season is what we're going on, I don't think he ever will. Get Kessler warmed up, get him ready to go, because if Bortles keeps this up we'll be out of playoff contention by December and we might as well see what Kessler can do.
(10-07-2018, 10:07 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 10:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, everybody loves half told stats.
No buddy those are REAL stats. At this point it’s obvious you’re suffering from Stockholm Syndrome with the terrible QB play this franchise has been dealing with since Brunell retired.

The only thing I'm suffering from is the realism of the big picture on things that actually take place during games, as well as a lack of alcohol intake needed to deal with some of you knee jerking, flip flopping, cry babies that pop their heads up on these forums only at certain times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12