Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chris Simms says to end Bortles experiment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Welp back to the drawing board

Trade/cut him now. Chris Simms, future HOF, said so.
Chris Simms is right.. The reason we get down is because he can't make routine NFL throws anymore, is highly inaccurate, AND has a terrible motion. He is right. Who can dispute that at this point in time?

Anyone who says that most of Bortles stats last year were in garbage time either didn't watch our games or doesn't understand what garbage time is.
Quote:Trade/cut him now. Chris Simms, future HOF, said so.

Come one man, we can downplay Simms career all we want, he certainly wasn't a good player. But he's been more than fair to the Jags in his assessments over the last 2 years, to dismiss his opinion because he wasn't a good player is childish, I'm going to guess Simms knows a thingor two about that position. The Jags are obviously going to ride with Bortles for the immediate future, but there are some legitimate concerns if you take your teal colored glasses off.
Lolol
Welp

Quote:Come one man, we can downplay Simms career all we want, he certainly wasn't a good player. But he's been more than fair to the Jags in his assessments over the last 2 years, to dismiss his opinion because he wasn't a good player is childish, I'm going to guess Simms knows a thingor two about that position. The Jags are obviously going to ride with Bortles for the immediate future, but there are some legitimate concerns if you take your teal colored glasses off.

You gotta understand. After decades of losing, Jag fans naturally develop a defense mechanism and you just saw that.
Simms is just jealous because Bortles still has a spleen.

Chris Simms would know about sucking at quarterback.

I've wondered it myself. Idk, I am not a fan of drafting someone with huge mechanical problems in the first round. He was a project with high upside... Those don't belong that high IMO.

It's like drafting a shooting guard in the NBA that needs to rebuild his jumpshot completely. Chances are it's not going to work.
Meh, too early, Bortles and Wentz are the same age.  Did Simms say end the Andrew Luck experiment after his 2015 season?  Slightly agree about Bortles not being a "natural" QB though.

Should have drafted Khalil Mack, then Jimmy Garoppolo
Quote:You gotta understand. After decades of losing, Jag fans naturally develop a defense mechanism and you just saw that.

This offends me.
Quote:You gotta understand. After decades of losing, Jag fans naturally develop a defense mechanism and you just saw that.

Oh I understand the coping mechanism. What's funny is most times the opinions that come from  "outside of Jacksonville" are usually the right ones. I'm not writing Bortles off just yet, but the odds of him completely altering a life long throwing motion are slim to none, and I think that's crucial for his long term viability as a franchise QB.
Quote:This offends me.

You totally discounted completely valid points about our QB. Nobody likes to hear it, but he said nothing that wasn't true.
Quote:Meh, too early, Bortles and Wentz are the same age.  Did Simms say end the Andrew Luck experiment after his 2015 season?  Slightly agree about Bortles not being a "natural" QB though.

yeah and although that is true, Wentz looks way better and much more "natural"... he doesn't have the tebow-esque mechanics.
If Bortles goes, Dave goes. Pretty simple.

Quote:Come one man, we can downplay Simms career all we want, he certainly wasn't a good player. But he's been more than fair to the Jags in his assessments over the last 2 years, to dismiss his opinion because he wasn't a good player is childish, I'm going to guess Simms knows a thingor two about that position. The Jags are obviously going to ride with Bortles for the immediate future, but there are some legitimate concerns if you take your teal colored glasses off.

He has looked bad this year. Really bad. But I'm not giving up on a guy who threw 35 TDS last season. He's in a really bad slump right now, and hopefully this coaching staff can pull him out of it. We know he's got the talent... I just think the pressure of having to carry this team every week is starting to effect his psyche. Gotta give this man a running game, and then he has to adjust his mindset that he doesn't have to make the big play every play.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12