Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CJ Henderson Speculation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Well, it's been a little awkward since the draft and his much-discussed reaction to being selected by the Jags.  (didn't seem pleased)

Then a new regime adds an early pick in Campbell at the position after retaining Sidney Jones and signing Shaq Griffin in free agency.

Now they've claimed yet another CB from the waiver wire after CJ took a personal day off (after missing 2 weeks due to COVID-19)

1. Maybe CJ is fine and this whole thing is about to blow over and he'll compete to start outside.
  2. Maybe CJ is unhappy being on this team and is figuring out a way to encourage a trade
  3. Maybe he just doesn't want to play NFL football. 
  4. Maybe Baalke got a bad impression last year and shared his feelings with Urban straight away putting CJ in the dog house.
  5. Maybe he doesn't suit Cullen's secondary player profile.
  6. Maybe Meyer has been planning to trade him since he took the job but he's waiting for preseason to try selling high.

Regardless, there are a number of capable starters in that DB room now and CJ is going to hurt his chances if he doesn't get things moving forward soon.
What am I missing in this post? CJ had his rookie struggles and is coming up on yr 2. I didn't even know he had covid but knew this secondary needed a mass overhaul. we signed a top CB drafted another early and picked one up in FA. that's 1 star, 1 2nd yr player, and a rookie an waiver pick.

Has he been stinking up the joint or is this just a post due to his rookie stats and being on fmla/sick leave basically. Just curious on the main reason behind this concern.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I think he might have a mental health problem.
(08-08-2021, 05:17 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]What am I missing in this post?  CJ had his rookie struggles and is coming up on yr 2.  I didn't even know he had covid but knew this secondary needed a mass overhaul.  we signed a top CB drafted another early and picked one up in FA.  that's 1 star, 1 2nd yr player, and a rookie an waiver pick. 

Has he been stinking up the joint or is this just a post due to his rookie stats and being on fmla/sick leave basically.  Just curious on the main reason behind this concern.

How much did the Ravens rotate their CB's last year? There's the answer to if the Campbell pick was Jaguars bringing in necessary bodies or a - possible - replacement in Campbell. 

As of today there's no plan to play Campbell at either safety spot. This was confirmed by Cullen.
A scenario I have tossed around is that he got injured last year and it affected his play, and fans were unforgiving. We were singing his praises after the first game, and then ready to write him off soon thereafter. Add that to some leftover bad sentiment from players that were eventually traded, and you have a player that doesn't want to be a Jag. I love how Urban said when he got here something about seeing that Jags emblem and players better love it. If CJ doesn't want be here, he should get out before he becomes disgruntled and it affects others.

I have also pondered if Jalen would have had conversations with CJ about why he wanted to leave the Jags and if that swayed CJ's opinion.
I don't want to even entertain our secondary being on the same plain as Bmore. What a top defense does with their personnel is not what I'm concerned with. Our secondary is hopefully immediately better with Shaq, but writing off a 2nd yr starter for a rookie and FA to be the FT CB on the opposite is just bad personnel decisions.

Now this is all valid, only if Campbell hasnt been balling all camp showing he's earned a start day 1. Until then he's 3rd/nickel CB at best

(08-08-2021, 05:31 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to even entertain our secondary being on the same plain as Bmore.  What a top defense does with their personnel is not what I'm concerned with.  Our secondary is hopefully immediately better with Shaq, but writing off a 2nd yr starter for a rookie and FA to be the FT CB on the opposite is just bad personnel decisions.

Now this is all valid, only if Campbell has been balling all camp showing he's earned a start day 1.  Until then he's 3rd/nickel CB at best

Comparing with Baltimore is because that's where Cullen comes from and he's clearly implementing ideas from there. They didn't do CB by committee. 

What's more there's some reason to think the problem with Henderson(if there is a problem) isn't about his ability on the field.
(08-08-2021, 05:34 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2021, 05:31 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to even entertain our secondary being on the same plain as Bmore.  What a top defense does with their personnel is not what I'm concerned with.  Our secondary is hopefully immediately better with Shaq, but writing off a 2nd yr starter for a rookie and FA to be the FT CB on the opposite is just bad personnel decisions.

Now this is all valid, only if Campbell has been balling all camp showing he's earned a start day 1.  Until then he's 3rd/nickel CB at best

Comparing with Baltimore is because that's where Cullen comes from and he's clearly implementing ideas from there. They didn't do CB by committee. 

What's more there's some reason to think the problem with Henderson(if there is a problem) isn't about his ability on the field.
He makes me nervous mentally but I believe he has starter ability. If the coaches don't want to invest in his recovery to get his full potential realized on the field, move on. I have no issue in moving him down if Campbell is playing worthy of CB 2. I just don't want to let go to early an at least want to see where a player is at heading into yr 3, to see if he's trade bait before yr 4 or 5th yr/long term worthy. 2 yr 1st round rentals better be really bad to give up on before game 1 in yr 2.

(08-08-2021, 05:34 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]

Basically no one does CB by committee. The ravens did however have a number of secondary packages and flipped between them a bit more than most teams usually do. Much of it was about freeing up a corner and/or safety to blitz while having another in zone coverage as a safety net.
I just received an ESPN notification that CJ recently had surgery on his finger..

Edit: Sorry, that was Chark, not CJ..
(08-08-2021, 05:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think he might have a mental health problem.

That was the subject of speculation earlier in the offseason.

It may well be true.

I hope it isn't true, but if it is, I hope he gets the help he needs.
I just watched Urb's interview after the scrimmage. I was reading his body language when pressed about CJ Henderson's unavailability and he said "personal reasons". I may be grasping at things, but to me, he was looking down and tightening his lips, kind of like in bewilderment and disappointment. Not as in a coach who had a logical explanation for his player's absence.

Again, just my take, no facts here.
He needs to get those personal reasons worked out and get his behind out their on that football field. Our secondary has so much potential with Shaq, Tyson, Jenkins, Cisco, and Henderson. In my opinion we’re loaded in the secondary.
I wonder what the whole story is behind all this
If they trade him then I want that 1st round pick back. Preferably in the top 10.

I would settle for a few 2nd round picks and a player.
(08-08-2021, 07:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]If they trade him then I want that 1st round pick back. Preferably in the top 10.

I would settle for a few 2nd round picks and a player.

Lol, you have no sense of his actual value. Maybe a 2 and a 4, probably not in the same year.
If we do trade him I hope we at least get a 1st
If we trade him it would most likely be for a second. I could see the jets giving us next year's second for him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11