Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: For the Jaguars draft complainers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This is what best player available looks like. It was no secret this draft was heavily defense favored so it makes sense to pick mostly defense.

IN BAP the choice is always pick the highest rated player on the board and not complain about why we didn't pick X position. Looks like to me the Jags really went totally BAP this draft.  You may not agree with the value but value is in the eyes of the beholder.
[Image: beating-a-dead-horse-gif-14.gif]
Whatever dude, Walker was not the best player at his position, let alone in the draft.
(04-30-2022, 09:13 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever dude, Walker was not the best player at his position, let alone in the draft.

I have to agree
(04-30-2022, 09:13 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever dude, Walker was not the best player at his position, let alone in the draft.
How exactly do you know that? I saw that thread with Walker vs. Neal and yes, Neal dominated - but let me lay down some reality that scouts know, but fans seem to ignore:

1. No player is perfect - there will always be a instance or even 2 where a player just isn't his best. Walker's just happened to be Alabama. Also, be happy that it happened against Alabama and not somebody like New Mexico State. Alabama is a dominate team that seems to beat nearly every team's best players with their own players along with superior coaching.

2. Neal dominated nearly EVERYONE. There's a reason why he was rated as the best OT in the draft. That said, even he has a weakness or two.

3. Before the championship game, Alabama made the decision to stop Walker at ALL cost because they viewed him as the best DL on the team. It worked - they kept him from wreaking havoc like he does to other teams.... but the cost to Alabama was by no means worth it as everyone else on Georgia's DL made life miserable for Young, which lead to Alabama get murdered in the 2nd half of the NC game.

I will grant you, I would've preferred the Jags picked Neal as their #1, but if they really felt that they had to go with potentially dominated DL, I'm not mad with this pick at all. I'm just happy they didn't try to reach for a WR like I was hearing from some radio stations.

What a way to judge a player before they take a snap.
My gut reaction to this draft quite honestly was disappointment, but I’m still really hopeful that our defense got better. Well documented that I preferred hutch, but I will never be more happy to be proven wrong! Walker is going to be the ultimate boom bust pick. High risk, high reward. If he turns out to just be average, the pick will be viewed as a bust.
Yawner picks for the most part. It seems like this draft was either the wrong the wrong player at the right position, or the best player at the wrong position.
I love this draft. We are seeing this regime do something that has never been done here in J ville. Take the BAP regardless of what instead of drafting inferior players at positions of perceived need. We need to give Trevor Weapons we did you might not like what was given but there is a reason most of you armchair GM's are out here with the rest of us and not getting paid by an NFL Team. Let's say that this is the first real homerun draft and offseason. Most that are complaining wont even man up and say they were wrong. I been wrong so many times being a fan, but that's my job to be a FAN. So if your not happy walk all the way to the tippy top of the Modis annnnnnnndddddddd Leap.LOL
Start a QB complainers thred
(04-30-2022, 10:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Start a QB complainers thred

Don't worry, that's for after he throws his 1st INT of the season.
Loved what we did in FA and the draft. Excited for the future. Can’t fix everything in 1 off seasons but we took some big steps.
The Lions did exactly what we should have done in this draft. It makes me sad.
In a League designed for offense and with a generational talent at QB...we took linebackers and cornerbacks.
The problem with this draft is that we were always in bad positions to take players to help our young QB who's not going to be on his Rookie Deal too much longer. It's nice that we're putting together a solid defense. Bout Trevor Lawrence needs all the help he can get. It's a shame we were never in any real position to help him. His development is the MOST important thing.
(04-30-2022, 11:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]In a League designed for offense and with a generational talent at QB...we took linebackers and cornerbacks.

The chances of a WR from the 4th+ round beating out even Treadwell is slim. Whether you like him or not.

They drafted 2 DBs in the 6th and 7th round, it's not like they drafted them high. Greg Junior is a really nice developmental prospect. The CB room consisted of Griffin, Campbell, Williams, Herndon, Claybrooks, Brandon Rusnak and Xavier Crawford before today's additions. Not exactly the most exciting room after Griffin, Williams and Campbell.

The same people upset that they upgraded the front 7 are the same people that are upset that we basically started every game already down 0-7 last year. Pretty sure this Defense was at the top of the league (if not led) in letting opposing Offenses score on the opening possession of the game.

Would have liked to see another WR added in the 3rd round, but there's nothing you can do about the run on them that went prior to our picks.
With the defensive history of the few competitive eras/seasons thus team has had since 1995, part of me really loves an offensive coach coming in and getting on board with making the defense a potential powerhouse.

I want an XWR, an additional TE, and one more OL piece as much as the next guy, but I'm excited for this defense.
(04-30-2022, 11:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]In a League designed for offense and with a generational talent at QB...we took linebackers and cornerbacks.

There was a record 13 WRs taken in the first two rounds of the draft, including 6 between 8-around 20.

By the time the Jaguars were on the clock by 27, a good number of the WRs were gone.  It made sense to take Lloyd there.
(04-30-2022, 11:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]With the defensive history of the few competitive eras/seasons thus team has had since 1995, part of me really loves an offensive coach coming in and getting on board with making the defense a potential powerhouse.

I want an XWR, an additional TE, and one more OL piece as much as the next guy, but I'm excited for this defense.

Me too.

Listening to/reading the various talking heads, the Lloyd and Muma picks aren't being trashed for value.  Everyone says they are good value.  The people who are criticising the picks have other reasons for doing so.  One guy said the Muma pick wasn't necessary becaus the FO drafted Lloyd and signed Oluakun in free agency.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to see the various personnel groupings and blitz packages the defense will offer.
The walker pick gives me some pause, admitedly. But the reason I'm not flipping out like some others is that to begin with, I wasn't even sold on Hutchinson being better than Kayvon either. I didn't think anyone was clear cut here. Hutch felt a bit over hyped, we all know i'm not a fan of that. I think personally the top potential went to KT and TW.. Hutch was that "safe bet" but imo the comparisions to TJ Watt and the Bosas were simply because he looks like them, they were absolute freaks coming out and you could tell by their film. I couldn't tell that with what I saw from Hutch.

Put it this way, if Nick Bosa was coming out in this draft and we took Walker, I would be on his case 1000x worse than I have been with Trevor. I actually like the home run swing, dude has some insane athletic ability. Btw he only lined up as a DE 53% of his snaps, all this talk of production etc etc nobody mentions his amount of snaps/how often he was actually rushing the passer. Hutch was rushing nonstop 24/7 that was his job at all times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11