Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The FBI just raided Mar-A-Lago
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
The personal Gestapo of the Democrats just raided President Trumps home. Not Hunter Biden, not any of the Epstein clients, Not Clinton, but President Trump. 

They just guaranteed he will win re-election. This is a serious miscalculation, this will blow up in the Dems faces!!

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/fb...der-siege/
So, what's the excuse, Mikey? They looking for his diary? Why the double standard? Just happenstance? Or is it the violence Trump committed against the constitution that justifies this. Where are the raids for other political figures?
I can’t get through to the FBI, I was on hold for an hour, I even selected “report a crime”
15 suspicious boxes in question here. At least we know it isn't furniture, unlike what Billary took with them.

Honestly, if Trump knowingly had 15 boxes of classified material, do you really think he'd have it at his residence? I'd have it buried somewhere. Literally. This just doesn't smell right as we get closer to midterms. Anything to push the hideous reality the Dems have foisted on us off the front page.
[Image: trump.jpg]
Oppo research.
Trump failed in his response. His statement appeals to the far right, but they already support him.

A more considered reply, rather than a sooky rant, would have appealed to the moderates who are the ones who voted against him.
Trump supporters are showing up at Mar A Lago
This could lead to his disqualification if things play out that way. Who knows how this will all go. I dont know. I just want to know what's the reason for this.
He's not wrong about this being Watergate in reverse. Are we going to start hearing calls for Biden's impeachment?
(08-08-2022, 11:38 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]This could lead to his disqualification if things play out that way. Who knows how this will all go. I dont know. I just want to know what's the reason for this.
There are issues with the raid. Supposedly they didn't review docs on site so it may be hard to prove what was there in the boxes and chain of custody on it. If they just took boxes off-site, then they also could have taken things not covered by the warrant.

This feels like a major escalation. Something has to be happening we don't see. The swamp just opened all former politicians to be raided.

Either the swamp wins and Trump is arrested or the swamp is going down.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(08-08-2022, 11:59 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2022, 11:38 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]This could lead to his disqualification if things play out that way. Who knows how this will all go. I dont know. I just want to know what's the reason for this.
There are issues with the raid. Supposedly they didn't review docs on site so it may be hard to prove what was there in the boxes and chain of custody on it. If they just took boxes off-site, then they also could have taken things not covered by the warrant.

This feels like a major escalation. Something has to be happening we don't see. The swamp just opened all former politicians to be raided.

Either the swamp wins and Trump is arrested or the swamp is going down.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Interesting. Wild times.
One interesting note- the head of the FBI was appointed by Trump.
Don’t be surprised if there are some Republicans pulling strings in the background on this. Trump’s candidacy hangs like a storm cloud over both the 2022 and 2024 elections. What better way to settle the matter sooner rather than later than by leveraging ongoing anti-Trump efforts in DC institutions.

I’d bet a dollar on it.
Now we're finding out that Trump had been handing over boxes of dicuments to the National Archives since February as requested by them. His team was looking for other documents that may have been classified to turn over to them at the time of the raid so.... Why the raid if he was all ready cooperating?

Raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate questioned by some legal scholars
Critics say DOJ must be transparent about why it raided the home of a former, and possibly future, president

Legal scholars are questioning whether the FBI's raid on former President Donald Trump's Florida home over classified White House documents was necessary.

Some experts told Fox News Digital the basis for the raid, which centers on Trump's purported failure to hand over potentially classified documents to the National Archives, is unprecedented.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/legal-e...ago-estate
(08-09-2022, 06:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t be surprised if there are some Republicans pulling strings in the background on this. Trump’s candidacy hangs like a storm cloud over both the 2022 and 2024 elections. What better way to settle the matter sooner rather than later than by leveraging ongoing anti-Trump efforts in DC institutions.

I’d bet a dollar on it.

You may be right.  DeSantis denounced the raid.  But I wonder what he is really thinking.
The whole problem with Watergate was the guys who broke in to enemy headquarters did not have a warrant and were not duly appointed investigators.

Comparing yesterday's raid to Watergate is begging the question of if the FBI is still legitimate or if it has been compromised. And that's a big claim. We shouldn't throw the legitimacy of the entire FBI into doubt on the basis of an angry press release from a former President.

If they found proof of Trump illegally hoarding records, the worst case scenario for Trump would be a term in federal prison. However, a person can run for federal office from prison, it's happened before. Hoarding records is a crime, but it's not insurrection and it's not giving aid and comfort to the enemies of the US, so section 3 of the 14th amendment wouldn't apply. I suppose they might find evidence that Trump sold or gave copies of those records to Putin or something, but that seems unlikely even for Trump.

The biggest open end on a raid like this is, what unlisted items were "out in plain sight" while the investigators looked for the items listed on the warrant? They will give Trump a list of everything they took, but, Trump's not likely to share that with the public.
(08-09-2022, 07:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2022, 06:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t be surprised if there are some Republicans pulling strings in the background on this. Trump’s candidacy hangs like a storm cloud over both the 2022 and 2024 elections. What better way to settle the matter sooner rather than later than by leveraging ongoing anti-Trump efforts in DC institutions.

I’d bet a dollar on it.

You may be right.  DeSantis denounced the raid.  But I wonder what he is really thinking.

A mental fist pump.
(08-09-2022, 07:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

I’d bet a dollar on it.

Lol ... DeSantis probably uncorked some champagne last night and started packing his bags for the White House.  The Republican Party should be in celebration mode.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17