Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pre Draft Musings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
It's been a while since I've posted, so I figured I've spared you guys from my thoughts for long enough.  So with about a week to go until draft day, here are some pre draft musings...

1.  I think the speculations regarding the Jaguars supposed interest in Budda Baker are interesting on a few levels.  While he's a little older than I'd like, he still seems to have about 2-3 good years left.  With the lack of offense characteristic of the rest of the teams in our division, he would seem to be able to thrive here, assuming we can scheme him to give a reasonable reproduction of Pakers era LeRoy Butler or Troy Polamalu. We've never had that element in our defense before.  The closest we came was 1999 with a past his prime Carnell Lake, who came from the Steelers' scheme.  But making such a move is not wihout the potential risks.  Will he need another contract?  If so, how much?  WHat would the Cardinals want in draft choice compensation for him?  Are we talking above or below a 3rd round pick?  That is my cutoff point for such a move.  Anything higher than a 3rd and I pass.

2.  If a Budda Baker deal does not come to pass, it would seem if we were hell bent on having such a player for our defense, a younger, equally alliterative version would be found in Alabama's rookie DB Brian Branch.  Cheaper?  Definitely.  But would he be as talented?  Do we have a coordinator creative enough to scheme him effectively?  On top of these concerns, I'm being troubled by the abundance of mock drafters on line who are projecting him to us-without a moments' thought.  Mock drafters not giving the Jaguars a moments thought js no big shock.  But rarely are so many on one accord when it comes to that player, rarer still is the player in accord with me.  It's to the point I'm tempted to revisisit my evaluation of the player.

3.  That said, even before this post, I was not married to the idea of Brian Branch for us at 24.  Besides the fact I think the team is more likely than in years' past to deal down, I think there are still likely to be a lot of viable options for us at 24 (assuming we stay) on either side of rhte ball.  On offense, There will likely be one of the TE prospects on the board.  Pederson had a lot of 2 TE sets in Philly.  Adding either Kincaid or Meyer or the kid from Georgia would restore the depth at the position for us, give us more personnel and formation versatility, and add another arrow in the quiver for TL and Pederson.  I would have to think if the right OL are remaining on the board, they could opt to replace Jawaan Taylor and maintain the three quality Ts on the roster, or even to upgrade Brian Bartch at G if Cyrus Torrence is still on the board at 24.

4.  I know it's still very early, but the Jaguars have to be the favorites to with the AFCS and the 49er have to be favorites to win the NFCW.  Buffahole could finish as low as 3rd in the AFC E, depending on what happens with the Jets and Aaron Rodgers.  I still think Tacks coach Mike Vrabel is an outstanding coach, but i am eager to see DeMeco Ryans for the Texans.  My gut tells me before long, this will be an excellent division in terms of coaching.

5.   I will go on the record now:  if the Georgia DT  is somehow still on the board whwn the Jaguaras when the Jaguars (Proofreading is still fundamentl) are on the clock, I take the chance and pull the trigger and draft him.
(04-19-2023, 10:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]It's been a while since I've posted, so I figured I've spared you guys from my thoughts for long enough.  So with about a week to go until draft day, here are some pre draft musings...

1.  I think the speculations regarding the Jaguars supposed interest in Budda Baker are interesting on a few levels. 
     The guy would definitely help us and yea, for 2 to 3 years.  I am less generous with the pick. I would say a 5th but we don't have one. He is most likely looking for a long term deal and I would prefer a 2 year Balkkie special type. This is probably all moot as Arizona has had other player take the same stance and never leave the team.

3.  That said, even before this post, I was not married to the idea of Brian Branch for us at 24.  Besides the fact I think the team is more likely than in years' past to deal down,
     Agreed, this year's draft is deep as the covid kids cycle through. I believe we have just one more year of those guys providing a bit more talent at the top. If we stay at 24 it really depends on how everything falls in front of us. I see Oline, interior Dline, second TE and cover guys as holes. The safety position is one I have as needs improvement.

4.  I know it's still very early, but the Jaguars have to be the favorites to with the AFCS
     Yea we should be, but I have this argument going on in my own head. One side says we are the favorite. The other says it took the titans totally breaking down (losing what 7 games to close the season) and 2 WOW plays for us to win the division. One against Dallas and another against a crippled titans team to accomplish it. Maybe it is the pain of 2018 and the other years where we rolled one year and bombed the very next year when we played a first place schedule.

5.   I will go on the record now:  if the Georgia DT  is somehow still on the board whwn the Jaguaras are on the clock, I take the chance and pull the trigger and draft him.
      I am a fan of this too. We definitely need help on the interior d-line. Actually it very well could solve our getting to the QB issue. Remember it wasn't until Darius came that Sacksonville began.

My gut feel, which is poor based on last year's selections says a few things. First there will be up to 20 players just not on their board at all as they are deemed not a culture fit. Second, based on what positions there is a run on by those picking before us will force their hand a bit. 

I have the feeling if we do not beef up the interior of the d-line no matter who we have covering we will still be weak to the passing game.

I also believe if TL has to lead the league in the quickness of his throws we will not get the most out of our very good receiving corp.

I been so busy this year, for the first time in a long time I don't think I could name 10 draft prospects coming in this year.. feels weird, hope we make the right calls tho.
I disagree with not having that element since Carnell Lake. Donovin Darius brought a special element to our defense, and he was better than Lake in his only year in which was 1999.

I watched him knock Kyle Brady out while knocking himself out and his eyes rolled back in his head and he got back up and continued to lay licks. Keyshawn Johnson found out who Darius was in the ‘98 playoffs. So did Jerome Bettis and many others. Robert Ferguson helmet got knocked off when he came across the middle and left the game on stretcher. Darius was a knockout puncher and brought a nastiness to that defense. He set the tone.

*Based on the first 6 seasons

Darius - 9 ints, 39 PD, 6 FF, 1 TD, 466 tck, 2.0 sk, 2 FR, 1 KB
Baker - 7 ints, 34 PD, 6 FF, 0 TD, 650 tck, 7.5 sk, 5 FR, 0 KB
Lake - 7 ints, 39 PD, 4 FF, 0 TD, 478 tck, 11 sk, 11FR, 0 KB

*Based on Darius’ and Baker’s best season according to Approximate Value vs Lake’s only season in Jax

Darius - 5 ints, 7 PD, 2 FF, 0 TD, 89 tck, 0 sk, 4 FR
Baker - 2 ints, 6 PD, 1 FF, 0 TD, 118 tck, 2 sk, 0 FR
Lake - 0 ints, 6 PD, 0 FF, 0 TD, 58 tck, 0 sk, 0 FR

*Darius was listed as a SS or DB
*Baker was listed as a SS in 2017,2018,2020,2021, he was listed as a FS in 2019, and a Safety in 2022
*Lake was listed as a FS in his only season in Jax but was listed as a DB, SS, FS, RCB, LCB

Darius had 5 ints in 2004 which is more than Baker or Lake racked up in a single season.

Darius just didn’t come with any accolades. 0 pro bowls and 0 all pro selections. Lake is a 5x PB and made 1 AP. Baker has made 5 PB and 2 AP.

*Based on 1999 (the only year Lake was listed as a FS)

Darius - 4 ints, 12 PD, 78 tck
Lake - 0 ints, 6 PD , 58 tck
As an Iowa fan I'd love to get Riley Moss if he fell to a later round.
(04-19-2023, 10:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]It's been a while since I've posted, so I figured I've spared you guys from my thoughts for long enough.  So with about a week to go until draft day, here are some pre draft musings...

1.  I think the speculations regarding the Jaguars supposed interest in Budda Baker are interesting on a few levels.  While he's a little older than I'd like, he still seems to have about 2-3 good years left.  With the lack of offense characteristic of the rest of the teams in our division, he would seem to be able to thrive here, assuming we can scheme him to give a reasonable reproduction of Pakers era LeRoy Butler or Troy Polamalu. We've never had that element in our defense before.  The closest we came was 1999 with a past his prime Carnell Lake, who came from the Steelers' scheme.  But making such a move is not wihout the potential risks.  Will he need another contract?  If so, how much?  WHat would the Cardinals want in draft choice compensation for him?  Are we talking above or below a 3rd round pick?  That is my cutoff point for such a move.  Anything higher than a 3rd and I pass.

2.  If a Budda Baker deal does not come to pass, it would seem if we were hell bent on having such a player for our defense, a younger, equally alliterative version would be found in Alabama's rookie DB Brian Branch.  Cheaper?  Definitely.  But would he be as talented?  Do we have a coordinator creative enough to scheme him effectively?  On top of these concerns, I'm being troubled by the abundance of mock drafters on line who are projecting him to us-without a moments' thought.  Mock drafters not giving the Jaguars a moments thought js no big shock.  But rarely are so many on one accord when it comes to that player, rarer still is the player in accord with me.  It's to the point I'm tempted to revisisit my evaluation of the player.

3.  That said, even before this post, I was not married to the idea of Brian Branch for us at 24.  Besides the fact I think the team is more likely than in years' past to deal down, I think there are still likely to be a lot of viable options for us at 24 (assuming we stay) on either side of rhte ball.  On offense, There will likely be one of the TE prospects on the board.  Pederson had a lot of 2 TE sets in Philly.  Adding either Kincaid or Meyer or the kid from Georgia would restore the depth at the position for us, give us more personnel and formation versatility, and add another arrow in the quiver for TL and Pederson.  I would have to think if the right OL are remaining on the board, they could opt to replace Jawaan Taylor and maintain the three quality Ts on the roster, or even to upgrade Brian Bartch at G if Cyrus Torrence is still on the board at 24.

4.  I know it's still very early, but the Jaguars have to be the favorites to with the AFCS and the 49er have to be favorites to win the NFCW.  Buffahole could finish as low as 3rd in the AFC E, depending on what happens with the Jets and Aaron Rodgers.  I still think Tacks coach Mike Vrabel is an outstanding coach, but i am eager to see DeMeco Ryans for the Texans.  My gut tells me before long, this will be an excellent division in terms of coaching.

5.   I will go on the record now:  if the Georgia DT  is somehow still on the board whwn the Jaguaras are on the clock, I take the chance and pull the trigger and draft him.

I think Branch is an interesting prospect to fill this unique role of moving up into the slot/nickel position or playing deep centerfield when/if needed. My biggest concern with him though is his overall speed. It's not that I don't think he can handle it. My concern is when a team feels they have an advantage and can line-up a speed demon on him. His 4.5 speed is a concern. 

The other concern is can he stick and move with TE's like Kelce? Kittle?, etc? Those are the types of guys you often see in play-off contests or big games down the stretch with play-off implications on the line. I am not nearly as convinced as everybody else seems to be in the mock community. 

Regarding the TE and OG situation. I don't like the value there at 24. Not in this class. Even with Engram's situation lingering above the team. The fact of the matter is that he's at least here for another year. The TE class is too deep to bypass an adequate pass rusher or a solid CB2 with CB1 potential IMHO. Ideally, I would like to see a trade down if it comes down to having to select a TE there or Torrence. I was high on Torrence. I am not so high on him now. He's one dimensional and he has poor footwork from what I am hearing and he might not be a good fit here scheme wise. 

I would rather see Cam Smith at 24 or a top pass rusher that somehow slips like Murphy. I can tell you that I don't want anything to do with Bresee. He's the biggest boom/bust player there is in this year's draft. I am in agreement with Jalen Carter being the pick if he slips there. I still have concerns with his conditioning and decision making though as the recent turn of events have raised some serious questions regarding his longevity in the league. 

Coaching certainly looks better on paper across the division but the biggest question marks our three competitors have are at QB and until that's resolved I am really not all that concerned with any of them as long as Lawrence and Pederson are evolving together. I really feel like we have a Payton/Brees & Reid/Mahomes type combination on our hands. 

Back to the draft. For me, I pretty much laid out in the college forum what I was hoping for on the draft night. Which involves a trade down. However, if none of that happens? This would be my ideal draft with no trades below. 

24th - Lukas Van Ness - DT/EDGE - Iowa - Versatile scheme fit with 478 credited snaps split up with 242 times outside the tackles and 155 in the B-gap. Gives us breathing room because we all know we're more than likely losing Josh Allen in 2024's market and we need a compliment to Travon Walker. 

56th - Dawand Jones - OT - Ohio State - We need insurance as you cited above. Dawand is a MASSIVE insurance policy at 6'8, 374 pounds. I think he'll slip to us here because there was some concerns with his conditioning at his pro day but coming in for a year to work behind Robinson and Little and to get into NFL shape should bode well for 2024 and beyond. 

88th - Karl Brooks - DT/EDGE - Bowling Green - Another versatile scheme fit. Has the ability to play inside as a 3-Tech and outside. At 6'4, 300 pounds. He adds another healthy body to the rotation. Again, with this team having more than half of it's visiting choices dedicated to pass rushers? They're double dipping in this draft without a doubt. 

121st - Garrett Williams - CB - Syracuse - Here's that nickel CB everybody wants. Excited to see we actually visited with him. Big fan of what Syracuse's secondary did in general last year. Was another guy I brought up super early into the draft process. Fits a need. Offers great run support. 

127th - Anthony Bradford - OG - LSU - Another versatile lineman that can play OG/OT but projects better as an OG. For his size, 6'4, 332 pounds. He's a freak athlete. Scoring a 9.81 out of 10 on the RAS. Big guys with quick feet are coveted. This is an easy pick for me here. 

185th - Will Mallory - TE - Miami (FL) - Local prospect. Well rounded, coach's son for the position. Adds immediate depth and a solid run blocker to seal the edge with the ability to sneak out in the passing game inside the redzone. Love this selection here. Sneaky good pick here. 

202nd - Josh Whyle - TE - Cincinatti - Double dipping here at TE. Need the depth. Josh compares to basically Dan Arnold. Who we lost to free agency I believe. We still need competition here with Farrel backing up Engram and we need the bigger body types that can block and release to catch. Him and Mallory fit the mold for this in our system. 

208th - Andrei Iosivas - WR - Princeton - Good speed and size ratio. Solid production. Good camp body here with ST's capabilities and at least somebody you can slowly bring along the PS for development. 

226th - Trevor Reid - OT - Louisville - Another freak athlete that can play OT. Worthy of the pick here to develop. At this point late in the draft you're looking for athletes with high upside. Guys that can develop and hopefully backfill the bottom half of your roster in 2023 or early 2024. Iosivas and Reid fit the mold.

1-3 brings up an interesting scenario.  Which do y'all prefer?

Jags take a TE in RD 1, trade for Baker, Engram plays out his tag year and moves on

OR

Jags take Branch in RD 1, pass on Baker, sign Engram to a multi-year deal

First, welcome back! You da GOAT.

Second, I think trading down in this years draft will be exceptionally difficult because it's a fairly weak draft in terms of talent. The Bills said they have very few first round grades in this class. If it were busting with talent, I think a trade down would be really simple but I just don't see a player teams would be dying to trade up for at 24.
(04-20-2023, 08:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

First, welcome back! You da GOAT.

Second, I think trading down in this years draft will be exceptionally difficult because it's a fairly weak draft in terms of talent. The Bills said they have very few first round grades in this class. If it were busting with talent, I think a trade down would be really simple but I just don't see a player teams would be dying to trade up for at 24.

Comes down to the QB position. I am not convinced a team is going to reach on Will Levis early. I also think Hendon Hooker's upside is there and despite the injury with his knee I think a team in need of a QB will feel antsy at some point and may not want to chance it by waiting until RD2. 

The 24th spot could be prime real estate for us to get an offer to move back a little bit in the draft. Completely comfortable with this. Worst case, I think we'll see an edge rusher like Van Ness or Murphy slip there. If they cant get a trade down. I would take Cam Smith at CB there to compete with Williams for the CB2 job. Then, if that's not an option? We might have to reach a little bit on an edge rusher. 

Will McDonald IV, Isaiah Foskey and Keion White immediately jump off the page to me there in that scenario. I just hope we avoid Bresee. Terrified of this selection. Reeks of Taven Bryan 2.0 to me and I would hate to see us, once again, taking a project player over a guy that's more polished that fits a specific need of addressing a more ready-to-go pass rusher.
I think getting that branch or banks would be nice. I don’t think you chase a pass rusher here. It’s too much of a gamble. We just need to get Walker and Allen going.

Tight ends class they say is plenty, that can be addressed later. Lastly, online would be tempting if the right guy was thee in the first round.
(04-20-2023, 07:15 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]As an Iowa fan I'd love to get Riley Moss if he fell to a later round.

Admittedly I do not know much of Moss, but Iowa produces some very good players just about every year.  That alone makes me want to research him.
(04-20-2023, 09:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2023, 07:15 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]As an Iowa fan I'd love to get Riley Moss if he fell to a later round.

Admittedly I do not know much of Moss, but Iowa produces some very good players just about every year.  That alone makes me want to research him.

He's a great CB. Has a nose for the endzone and worst case he's big enough and fast enough to test out over at Safety if needed. I was torn between him or Garrett Williams in RD4 when I provided my breakdown earlier in this thread. Went with Garrett instead. Just feels like a better value and Baalke pick. 

I would love his teammate though. Lukas Van Ness on the opening night of the draft. Just seems like a perfect fit for this defensive front and he gives us a bridge to mend the loss of Josh Allen potentially in 2024's market. Would be tempted to trade up for him. Would swap 24 and fork over 88 and maybe a future pick to get him if he starts slipping to the mid range area.
(04-20-2023, 02:32 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I been so busy this year, for the first time in a long time I don't think I could name 10 draft prospects coming in this year.. feels weird, hope we make the right calls tho.
I've done less prep this year than I have in years' past.  I don't like it, though I am still excited about the draft next week.  I will be more dependent on draft magazines/websites than normal.  I still have some of my favorites, but I'm not as prepared as a prefer to be even though I'm not picking a single player.
This years draft feels so different since we're not in dire need.. I mean, we are in a way of pieces here and there, but normally we're all spittin and spattin over a future playmaker that could help pull us out of obscurity..
(04-20-2023, 11:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]This years draft feels so different since we're not in dire need.. I mean, we are in a way of pieces here and there, but normally we're all spittin and spattin over a future playmaker that could help pull us out of obscurity..

I think just based on everything that's been said this offseason along with this class overall. You would have to think they're building towards the future and with that in mind. They need to walk away from this class with more than likely:

1. Two pass rushers, one for rotational purposes and one for replacing Josh Allen going into 2024.

2. Nickel/Slot CB - This can be had probably as early as RD1 with Branch, whom I am not 100% sold on, or, as late as RD3/RD4.

3. Swing tackle with starting guard potential or vice versa.  

4. Two tight ends, one for blocking and sealing the edge in particular and one with pass catching skills in the event Engram is gone.

They invested a lot of money and resources last year in getting the LB core shored up and some of the front four groups shored up. They invested in a little bit on offense with Engram, Scherff and Ridley. The problem is that age and contract situations are going to make this a slippery slope going into 2024. 

They'll have to navigate a very tight rope, balancing act next week to prepare for this. Robinson and Little may or may not be the answers at LT and RT. Engram may not want to come back as our TE1. Ridley could be boom or bust and you have contracts tied up with Kirk and Jones there in the WR room already. LG is weak. RG is concerning if Scherff takes an injury. 

Defensively you have Josh Allen and Rayshawn Jenkins potentially out of here after 2023. Then you get into unique situations contract wise potentially with Campbell, Cisco, Fatukasi & Williams. The value is deep in this class at CB, TE and EDGE. I don't think they have to drop the 24th overall pick on any of those positions but the odds of a top flight LT/RT or G being there is probably slim to none.

This is the one draft where I would love to see a trade back scenario unfold just so we can get better value overall and add more quality depth to make up for these holes we'll see in 2024/2025 but it's anyone's guess.
(04-20-2023, 12:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/samkouvaris/status/1...58784?s=20

[Image: OGC.1331ccbed44578a2b35653964cef8e91?pid...Di7iXZE%3d]
In all honestly, just hoping for at least 1 decent pass rusher and some big uglies.. I don't have a preference.
(04-20-2023, 04:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree with not having that element since Carnell Lake. Donovin Darius brought a special element to our defense, and he was better than Lake in his only year in which was 1999.

I watched him knock Kyle Brady out while knocking himself out and his eyes rolled back in his head and he got back up and continued to lay licks. Keyshawn Johnson found out who Darius was in the ‘98 playoffs. So did Jerome Bettis and many others. Robert Ferguson helmet got knocked off when he came across the middle and left the game on stretcher. Darius was a knockout puncher and brought a nastiness to that defense. He set the tone.

Baker  -  7 ints, 34 PD, 6 FF, 0 TD, 650 tck, 7.5 sk,  5 FR, 0 KB
Lake - 7 ints,  39 PD, 4 FF, 0 TD, 478 tck, 11 sk, 11FR, 0 KB

*Based on Darius’ and Baker’s best season according to Approximate Value vs Lake’s only season in Jax

Darius - 5 ints, 7 PD, 2 FF, 0 TD,  89  tck, 0 sk, 4 FR
Baker  - 2 ints, 6 PD, 1 FF, 0 TD, 118 tck, 2 sk, 0 FR
Lake  - 0 ints, 6 PD, 0 FF, 0 TD,  58 tck,  0 sk, 0 FR

*Baker was listed as a SS in 2017,2018,2020,2021, he was listed as a FS in 2019, and a Safety in 2022
*Lake was listed as a FS in his only season in Jax but was listed as a DB, SS, FS, RCB, LCB

Darius had 5 ints in 2004 which is more than Baker or Lake racked up in a single season.

Darius just didn’t come with any accolades. 0 pro bowls and 0 all pro selections. Lake is a 5x PB and made 1 AP. Baker has made 5 PB and 2 AP.

Lake    - 0 ints,  6 PD , 58 tck
I think they were different types of players, based upon how they were utilized in their schemes.  Despite his size and tackling/hitting acumen, I don't think DD was utilized as much in the box as Lake was in Pittsburgh or his one year in Jacksonville.  I think D was used as much as a traditional S down the field (think Kyle Brady and Robert Ferguson hits) as opposed to more of an in the box S like LeRoy Butler was in Green Bay.  Lake, because of the scheme, was used more like Butler in Green Bay, with a lot of blitzes and in the box.  I think DD was a physical punisher/enforcer in the run game and in the deep secondary.  Butler and Lake were more catalysts=less enforcers/intimidators than DD.  They'd get more hits on QBs, etc.  All of them were outstanding players, but utilized differently.  For the sake of public safety, it's a good thing DD wasn't utilized like Butler.  Could you imagine him coming clean on a blitz and getting a hit on a QB?!?
(04-20-2023, 01:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2023, 04:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree with not having that element since Carnell Lake. Donovin Darius brought a special element to our defense, and he was better than Lake in his only year in which was 1999.

Baker  -  7 ints, 34 PD, 6 FF, 0 TD, 650 tck, 7.5 sk,  5 FR, 0 KB
Lake - 7 ints,  39 PD, 4 FF, 0 TD, 478 tck, 11 sk, 11FR, 0 KB

Darius - 5 ints, 7 PD, 2 FF, 0 TD,  89  tck, 0 sk, 4 FR
Baker  - 2 ints, 6 PD, 1 FF, 0 TD, 118 tck, 2 sk, 0 FR
Lake  - 0 ints, 6 PD, 0 FF, 0 TD,  58 tck,  0 sk, 0 FR

Lake    - 0 ints,  6 PD , 58 tck
I think they were different types of players, based upon how they were utilized in their schemes.  Despite his size and tackling/hitting acumen, I don't think DD was utilized as much in the box as Lake was in Pittsburgh or his one year in Jacksonville.  I think D was used as much as a traditional S down the field (think Kyle Brady and Robert Ferguson hits) as opposed to more of an in the box S like LeRoy Butler was in Green Bay.  Lake, because of the scheme, was used more like Butler in Green Bay, with a lot of blitzes and in the box.  I think DD was a physical punisher/enforcer in the run game and in the deep secondary.  Butler and Lake were more catalysts=less enforcers/intimidators than DD.  They'd get more hits on QBs, etc.  All of them were outstanding players, but utilized differently.  For the sake of public safety, it's a good thing DD wasn't utilized like Butler.  Could you imagine him coming clean on a blitz and getting a hit on a QB?!?

I remember vividly one game I attended. DD stopped LaDanian Tomlinson cold early in the game on a screen or bubble pass, and LT was not a factor afterward. On offense, Leftwich had a rare good performance; Chargers DE Marcelius Wiley later commented that what Leftwich did to the Chargers defense was "uncivilized." A roided out looking David Boston was the Chargers lone bright spot. He caught several passes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11