Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Walking Dead Season Five- merged (caution: spoilers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
I know we have some Walking Dead fans, still two and a half months out, but I saw T-Dog on "Franklin and Bash". He played a judge, and in typical Franklin and Bash fashion they pulled a stunt in the court room. This time it involved a walker.

I'm so ready for it to start, luckily I found the Strain to hold me over until Walking Dead comes back.

Excited for the new season. Still plenty of characters/arcs from the comics I'd like to see. 

What's really drawn me in is how they've enriched the source material.

Trying not to spoil, the comics were somewhat repetitive in plot.  Only, you see the evolution in the (remaining) characters response to their situations.  You see their "learning curve" as they get better at survival.

I'm most impressed with how they've made such a rich teleplay from what was merely 2D panels (extremely well done panels, I might add.)

Can't wait. Saw a thing yesterday that they are considering having Daryl come out of the closet this season... Come on...

Anyway, Dexter did a good job holding me over. Now that I've finished that I'm starting House of Cards.

Quote:Can't wait. Saw a thing yesterday that they are considering having Daryl come out of the closet this season... Come on...

Anyway, Dexter did a good job holding me over. Now that I've finished that I'm starting House of Cards.
I got on here to post that too. Just read that. Sounds like they aren't sure if they will or not.
How was season four, just out of curiosity?

It's been sitting on my DVR for months now.

The first three seasons had stretches that felt kind of slow and meandering to me, so I prioritized other shows ahead of S4 (Orphan Black, Mad Men, Bates Motel, Hannibal, Halt and Catch Fire,etc.).

Worth the watch, or would I be just as well off reading a synopsis and jumping straight into Season 5 when it starts?
It's got parts that do seem to drag on but, yes there are some seriously good moments that need to be seen and not read about.

Season five is less then two weeks out! Can Not Wait

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/tv-review-walk...21618.html

Quote:How was season four, just out of curiosity?

It's been sitting on my DVR for months now.

The first three seasons had stretches that felt kind of slow and meandering to me, so I prioritized other shows ahead of S4 (Orphan Black, Mad Men, Bates Motel, Hannibal, Halt and Catch Fire,etc.).

Worth the watch, or would I be just as well off reading a synopsis and jumping straight into Season 5 when it starts?

Ah Orphan Black, so much potential the first season flushed down the toilet the next.
Quote:Ah Orphan Black, so much potential the first season flushed down the toilet the next.
BBC America has put out some good stuff lately. I was sad to see "Copper" get cancelled after it's 2nd season. Loved, loved, loved it. The show gained viewers with each passing show. There's a growing movement to bring it back. Hope it works.
They keep sending teaser emails. 

Should be good!

pumped can't wait for it to start.

Daryl just doesn't need to be gay. 

House of Cards is so warped, but so good darn good.

Getting into Copper.

Is The Strain good?

The strain is great it's not waking dead but I've enjoyed it
Still haven't seen season 4 yet.  Started watching in season 1, then Dish dropped the channel.  Then they got it back, and I lost interest because it was over.  Got the first two seasons for my birthday, and recently got the third season.  Waiting for the fourth season to go on sale.  

Quote:Daryl just doesn't need to be gay. 

House of Cards is so warped, but so good darn good.

Getting into Copper.

Is The Strain good?

I started watching the Strain this weekend, to be honest I've enjoyed it more than I ever enjoyed TWD, and I'm not even fully caught up.  Then again I don't have very high opinions on TWD after the early part of the 2nd season. 
Yeah, that with Daryl is just not gonna fly I think...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

House of Cards is good. We're almost caught up on Netflix. Orange is the new black is next.

Quote:I started watching the Strain this weekend, to be honest I've enjoyed it more than I ever enjoyed TWD, and I'm not even fully caught up.  Then again I don't have very high opinions on TWD after the early part of the 2nd season. 
Sometimes I'm not sure why I still watch TWD. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. They screwed the pooch a couple of times, and this coming from a non-comic reader. I just think there are things they could have done way better. 
Quote:Yeah, that with Daryl is just not gonna fly I think...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

House of Cards is good. We're almost caught up on Netflix. Orange is the new black is next.
I just don't think he needs to be gay. No reason at all. I think it would ruin the character for a lot of folks, especially the women who like him. Dude just needs to be his redneck motorcycle ridin' self. He needs to grow his balls back though. Not sure where those went.

I LOVE HOC. It's ridiculous how good Kevin Spacey is in that role. And the first episode of the second season?  :woot: For real.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22