Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Here's a topic I wanted to get opinions on. When you have a friend, do you guys communicate on the reg, occasionally seeing what the other is doing for a weekend to go out and have a good time? 

I seem to have friends, but none ever communicate with me, so I wonder if they are just bad at the whole initiation of the fun thing, or if I'm boring, or what. 

For example if a friend of mine goes bowling with some of his friends, shouldn't said friend at least offer an invite as well? 

I'm bored out my mind. 

Do you ever invite them to do things? Or do you just wait for them to invite you?
Hate to be the one to tell you but those aren't your friends. I talk to my friend on a daily basis even if its just a few simple texts. I'm usually the one to turn down invites to certain places/events not sitting around awaiting an invitation.
Quote:Do you ever invite them to do things? Or do you just wait for them to invite you?
 i tend to be the one who invites people for things. It kinda sucks to be honest because I moved to a new place and met a lot of nice people, but nobody really gets together unless I am organizing things. It'd be nice to just have someone like "hey wanna grab a beer?" or something. 
My wife made some friends from her aerobics classes and has been out the past 2 days. I am totally stoked at the fact she's finally going out and socializing but now it's a bit of envy cause I don't have the same opportunities. lol maybe i should put a post on craigslist "Hey wanna be my friend in an entirely friend only basis?" but then that would unleash the weirdos. 

Quote:Here's a topic I wanted to get opinions on. When you have a friend, do you guys communicate on the reg, occasionally seeing what the other is doing for a weekend to go out and have a good time? 

I seem to have friends, but none ever communicate with me, so I wonder if they are just bad at the whole initiation of the fun thing, or if I'm boring, or what. 

For example if a friend of mine goes bowling with some of his friends, shouldn't said friend at least offer an invite as well? 

I'm bored out my mind. 
Dancing monkeys entertain you. I wouldn't put that burden on friends. But since you seek entertainment:

http://youtu.be/44Y-_JAjAwE
or this one...

http://youtu.be/Crq3FJ_vE2Q

If you're always the one to do the inviting and you never get invited when they do things...knarrn is right, they aren't really your friends.
I decided to branch outside of my work and join some meetup groups. I wonder if there are any Jags fans besides myself in the Indianapolis area as well. 

Friends are overrated.  I don't really have any to speak of.  Certainly none that I hang out with.  Most of the time I prefer my own company.  So all of you, GET OUT.

Quote:Friends are overrated.  I don't really have any to speak of.  Certainly none that I hang out with.  Most of the time I prefer my own company.  So all of you, GET OUT.
I am, for the most part like this, and am totally cool with it. But I don't try to be either. 

My wife hung out with her friend for basically 12 hours. It was a basketball game, then sushi bar, then to a pub for drinks. But if you hung out with that person for 6 hours the night before then another 12 hours then it gets me thinking. 
Quote:I am, for the most part like this, and am totally cool with it. But I don't try to be either. 

My wife hung out with her friend for basically 12 hours. It was a basketball game, then sushi bar, then to a pub for drinks. But if you hung out with that person for 6 hours the night before then another 12 hours then it gets me thinking.

Have you met this friend yet...?
newp 

Quote:newp

That's a long time to be hanging out with a new friend.
Quote:That's a long time to be hanging out with a new friend.
That's what I'm screaming. I am 1/2 and 1/2 here. One part of me think since we have historically been anti social people who mostly just stayed in the house and hung out and chilled, and we're talking years, it was good for her to go out and have a good time. I was glad that she was able to do this. 

On the other hand like you said, that's a long time to be hanging out with one person. I get the first night after fireworks, but then to come home at 530 in the morning, sleep till 12-1pm to get up and leave from 4pm-4am was just kind of..........odd. 

We've always had this open and honest relationship and made a promise to one another if there was interest or intent with another person to just tell the other person. She's the least jealous person I know when it comes to interacting with my lady friends and what not so it's like "am i being too paranoid because we never did the whole socializing thing" or "trust her and know she's doing the right thing and just really having a good time" 

I mean we have a lot of great things going, nice house, nice cars, good jobs, great area that we live in. Our communication is strong for having been together as long as we have. We are very active both in terms of fitness now and have been a solid 1-3 times a week for years in terms of intimacy. I don't see there being an issue there save for maybe because we've been together since high school, that little taste of what life is like outside of married life can be like. 

I don't know, I think I'm being overly paranoid, but at the same time how can you help it? 
Leave this thread open for her to see. Your answers will soon follow.

Quote:That's what I'm screaming. I am 1/2 and 1/2 here. One part of me think since we have historically been anti social people who mostly just stayed in the house and hung out and chilled, and we're talking years, it was good for her to go out and have a good time. I was glad that she was able to do this. 

On the other hand like you said, that's a long time to be hanging out with one person. I get the first night after fireworks, but then to come home at 530 in the morning, sleep till 12-1pm to get up and leave from 4pm-4am was just kind of..........odd. 

We've always had this open and honest relationship and made a promise to one another if there was interest or intent with another person to just tell the other person. She's the least jealous person I know when it comes to interacting with my lady friends and what not so it's like "am i being too paranoid because we never did the whole socializing thing" or "trust her and know she's doing the right thing and just really having a good time" 

I mean we have a lot of great things going, nice house, nice cars, good jobs, great area that we live in. Our communication is strong for having been together as long as we have. We are very active both in terms of fitness now and have been a solid 1-3 times a week for years in terms of intimacy. I don't see there being an issue there save for maybe because we've been together since high school, that little taste of what life is like outside of married life can be like. 

I don't know, I think I'm being overly paranoid, but at the same time how can you help it?

5:30 in the morning, and then again til 4:30? Are they hitting up the club scene or something? What else is there to do that late at night?
Quote:5:30 in the morning, and then again til 4:30? Are they hitting up the club scene or something? What else is there to do that late at night?

I can think of plenty of things....
Quote:I can think of plenty of things....

Such as?
Quote:Such as?

Visiting the local Walmart, watching late night infomercials, playing drinking games, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21