Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Brunell on ESPN. Anybody watch? Heard he said Jaguars appear headed to LA or London.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Can't watch the clips but I see some tweets that Brunell was on ESPN this morning. And during his appearance he suggests that the Jaguars appear headed to LA or London. Anybody see his appearance? If true, it would be a shame if he really believes this.

Wonder where that's coming from?

I'd be surprised if that was his exact comments. 

Something had to be taken out of context, right?

Here is the tweet I saw. I am not able to listen to verify but Stephen is about as legit of a fan as it gets for this team. And based on the other tweets I saw, Brunell seems to riled plenty of fans.

(@FeelTheTeal) tweeted at 0:06 PM on Tue, Oct 29, 2013:

ICYMI:Brunell was on the Mike & Mike show. Gave his opinion on the direction of the #Jaguars. Listen @ the 6:30 mark-
http://t.co/2kHCG4DSjg

Good thing MB doesn't have any say in our organization. They would probably go bankrupt like all his other businesses.

When he says LA...Its just short for Losing Again
He said it wouldn't surprise him if one day it happened. 

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9897404

The last minute, he just sort of signs off saying it looks likely that a move will take place.

Meh I can't say I blame him for thinking that way.  He said he doesn't want it to happen, but it wouldnt be a surprise if they did, and I think he's about right on it. 

Quote:He said it wouldn't surprise him if one day it happened. 

So  he basically feeds the ESPN/National Media narrative. I wonder what his BFF Boselli would think.
I feel the same way.  "It could happen".

I don't want any NFL team playing full time in London. 

I'd rather just give London 8 games of random and not duplicate NFL teams each season than a full time team there. If travel technology was more efficient, then that'd be different. 

Mark Brunell said, "It wouldn't surprise me." In other words, he does not expect it, but knows such a move is possible.

Quote:I don't want any NFL team playing full time in London. 

I'd rather just give London 8 games of random and not duplicate NFL teams each season than a full time team there. If travel technology was more efficient, then that'd be different. 

That's the only solution I can see a full time London schedule if they rotate divisions that play home games at London.

For example each year 1 AFC division and 1 NFC division (8 teams total) will play one "home" game in London.
I remember during preseason Brunell said a bunch of things on local radio about the Henne/Gabbert competition and then seemed to say the opposite during the preseason game.  So... whateva.

Brunell shouldn't have dignified the question with an answer. By doing so he perpetuates the myth on a national scale. I'm sure he 'll backtrack from it on his Thursday radio show, but it's out there now. He'll have to deal with the consequences.

The qualifier doesn't diminish what he said in my opinion. Saying it wouldn't surprise him was a weak way to answer it to begin with, especially on a widely syndicated show that plays from coast to coast.
Quote:Brunell shouldn't have dignified the question with an answer. By doing so he perpetuates the myth on a national scale. I'm sure he 'll backtrack from it on his Thursday radio show, but it's out there now. He'll have to deal with the consequences.

The qualifier doesn't diminish what he said in my opinion. Saying it wouldn't surprise him was a weak way to answer it to begin with, especially on a widely syndicated show that plays from coast to coast.

I agree. He just feeds the beast. He said exactly what ESPN wants him to say.
Brunell can go to ____. 

Quote:I remember during preseason Brunell said a bunch of things on local radio about the Henne/Gabbert competition and then seemed to say the opposite during the preseason game.  So... whateva.

What did he say about them?
Quote:Brunell can go to ____. 

EverBank Field, of course. He will be there on December 15 and I will make sure I see him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12