Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offensive Line 2024
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
After Baalke's presser today wherein he was noncommittal on Cam Robinson but freely offered up that Anton Harrison can play left tackle, we can definitely begin the speculation and finger crossing in earnest. 

From left to right if you are behind Center I'm guessing we might see something like

[Image: OL24.png]
I'm thinking

Harrison-LT
Draft pick or FA- LG
Draft pick or FA- C
Fuaga, Latham, or Mims- RG
Little- RT

That RG moves to RT next year
I don’t understand moving Harrison to LT if Little is on the roster. That would be having 2 guys play new positions in the NFL in week 1. Not ideal.

Little was more than good enough the first 4 games this past season. It wasn’t until they started flip flopping him around and then he got hurt.

Little FA FA R Harrison
Who's the can't miss LT in the 2024 draft?
(01-25-2024, 08:46 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Who's the can't miss LT in the 2024 draft?

I don't think there will be one at 17 when we pick.  I don't even think there will be one of good value at 17 when it's our pick
I wonder what is the odds of all the praise by Baalke and Doug on Fortner is all planned smoke because of them being very high on Powers Johnson and they have both talked about it and don't want to let the cat out of the bag. It could all be part of the master plan at Center. Of course their plans could change but it's possible they have talked about potentially replacing him with Powers Johnson. Draft Powers Johnson at 17 and trade up for Sweat in the 2nd. It would add the best C and NT in the draft. That would be the definition of getting stronger and bigger in the trenches
There’s a possibility we have FIVE complete new starters for our OL next year

Don’t like moving on from Cam unless we find a C or G in FA.
(01-25-2024, 08:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t understand moving Harrison to LT if Little is on the roster. That would be having 2 guys play new positions in the NFL in week 1. Not ideal.

Little was more than good enough the first 4 games this past season. It wasn’t until they started flip flopping him around and then he got hurt.

Little  FA  FA  R  Harrison

Agreed.  Little did fine at LT in 2022/2023 vs Jets (good Dline), Chiefs (playoffs) and even the Chargers defensive line (playoffs)

I think the Jags were stupid to try and put an obvious tackle into a guard spot.

That said...I'm fine if they restructure CAM and keep him.   IMO I don't think we should weaken another spot RT by moving that player to the LT spot.   While Harrison can play LT...I'm not thinking he's going to play it better than CAM or Walker.

(01-25-2024, 09:49 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]There’s a possibility we have FIVE complete new starters for our OL next year

Don’t like moving on from Cam unless we find a C or G in FA.

Agreed.   Hell, even if we do keep CAM I still think the team needs to bring in two free agents for the OLINE.
(01-25-2024, 09:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what is the odds of all the praise by Baalke and Doug on Fortner is all planned smoke because of them being very high on Powers Johnson and they have both talked about it and don't want to let the cat out of the bag.  It could all be part of the master plan at Center.  Of course their plans could change but it's possible they have talked about potentially replacing him with Powers Johnson.  Draft Powers Johnson at 17 and trade up for Sweat in the 2nd.  It would add the best C and NT in the draft.  That would be the definition of getting stronger and bigger in the trenches

They better not draft Powers-Johnson at 17. I'd much rather see them draft Mims or Barton at 17 and try to get Sweat in the 2nd.
(01-25-2024, 10:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2024, 09:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what is the odds of all the praise by Baalke and Doug on Fortner is all planned smoke because of them being very high on Powers Johnson and they have both talked about it and don't want to let the cat out of the bag.  It could all be part of the master plan at Center.  Of course their plans could change but it's possible they have talked about potentially replacing him with Powers Johnson.  Draft Powers Johnson at 17 and trade up for Sweat in the 2nd.  It would add the best C and NT in the draft.  That would be the definition of getting stronger and bigger in the trenches

They better not draft Powers-Johnson at 17. I'd much rather see them draft Mims or Barton at 17 and try to get Sweat in the 2nd.

Id take PJ over Barton and maybe Mims, i dunno.  I like Barton but I think he goes in the 2nd and might be there when we pick. PJ's combine will be huge and have a lot of impact on where he will be drafted.  If he kills the combine and has a good Senior Bowl id look at him at 17.

Brooks has him going 21st to the Dolphins

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-20...-draft-1-0
(01-25-2024, 10:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2024, 10:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: [ -> ]They better not draft Powers-Johnson at 17. I'd much rather see them draft Mims or Barton at 17 and try to get Sweat in the 2nd.

Id take PJ over Barton and maybe Mims, i dunno.  I like Barton but I think he goes in the 2nd and might be there when we pick. PJ's combine will be huge and have a lot of impact on where he will be drafted.  If he kills the combine and has a good Senior Bowl id look at him at 17

Powers-Johnson would absolutely have to kill it for me to want him in the 1st. I still like Van Pran and we can get him later.

I don't think there is any chance Barton falls to us in the 2nd.

I also still want Sweat in the 2nd. We need that big NT.
(01-25-2024, 10:24 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2024, 10:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Id take PJ over Barton and maybe Mims, i dunno.  I like Barton but I think he goes in the 2nd and might be there when we pick. PJ's combine will be huge and have a lot of impact on where he will be drafted.  If he kills the combine and has a good Senior Bowl id look at him at 17

Powers-Johnson would absolutely have to kill it for me to want him in the 1st. 

Id love it if Sweat fell to our 2nd pick.  I honestly wouldnt be against moving up some spots if it meant we could get him.  We do have 2 4th round picks so we have a little ammo if we want to move up.  Sweat and Jenkins are the 2 DTs id really love to add in the 2nd.  Jenkins isnt a NT but we need to add a a few pieces on the interior dline.
(01-25-2024, 10:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2024, 10:24 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: [ -> ]Powers-Johnson would absolutely have to kill it for me to want him in the 1st. 

Id love it if Sweat fell to our 2nd pick.  I honestly wouldnt be against moving up some spots if it meant we could get him.  We do have 2 4th round picks so we have a little ammo if we want to move up.  Sweat and Jenkins are the 2 DTs id really love to add in the 2nd.  Jenkins isnt a NT but we need to add a a few pieces on the interior dline.

Call me crazy but I'd actually be fine taking Sweat at 17 and either JPJ or Van Pran at 48 depending on which one falls to us.
We should just keep it simple.

We have Cam at LT, Harrision at RT and Little as swing. Little is most likely one of the best swing tackles in the league.

We need 2 guards and a center whether in FA or draft, for "competition" wink-wink. They just are not here at the moment. Who ever they get should have played these position AND on the side they are slotted for. I really don't want to draft a guy for the left side that was really good on the right side. No getting a tackle and assuming they can play guard. Doing either in my OPINION increases their chance of injury. A guy who grows up playing one side or one position can establish deep muscle memory and their body is used to absorbing impact at certain angles. It would not surprise me if that is what happened to Little last year when they put him in at guard. (just my 2 cents)
(01-25-2024, 10:34 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2024, 10:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Id love it if Sweat fell to our 2nd pick.  I honestly wouldnt be against moving up some spots if it meant we could get him.  We do have 2 4th round picks so we have a little ammo if we want to move up.  Sweat and Jenkins are the 2 DTs id really love to add in the 2nd.  Jenkins isnt a NT but we need to add a a few pieces on the interior dline.

Call me crazy but I'd actually be fine taking Sweat at 17 and either JPJ or Van Pran at 48 depending on which one falls to us.

I wouldnt be against it.  They would just have to be 100% sure weight isnt an issue.  If we could some how add a C and G in FA.  Id be good with taking Sweat at 17 and trading up for Jenkins in the 2nd.  Fix the oline in FA and dline in the draft.  I think there will be good value at G in the 3rd as well if we needed to add another G in the 3rd. Brooks has us taking Sweat in the 1st
Anton Harrison - LT
Javion Cohen - LG (Draft RD3)
Sedrick Van Pran - C (Draft RD2)
Robert Hunt - RG (Sign from MIA)
Tyler Guyton - RT (Draft RD1)

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I'm imagining two scenarios and I would be fine with both, but I think scenario 1 is my favorite, I don't want us to create another need on our roster by cutting Cam:

Scenario 1:

Cam(Little)---Cleveland/draft or FA---Draft/FA(Fortner)---Scherff(Tugboat)---Harrison(Little)

Scenario 2:

Harrison(Little?)---Cleveland/draft or FA---Draft/FA(Fortner)---Scherff(Tugboat)---Draft/Little

(Backups)

Also 
https://twitter.com/ETNSZN/status/1751285553545318591
Keep Lawrence healthy. To hell with draft positional value, roster building, etc. Protect your King.
Little - Cleveland - Feliciano - Hunt - Harrison

Draft: JPJ and one of Fuaga/Latham/Mims then one of Haynes/Mahogany/Beebe/Ratledge.
(01-27-2024, 08:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Little - Cleveland - Feliciano - Hunt - Harrison

Draft: JPJ and one of Fuaga/Latham/Mims then one of Haynes/Mahogany/Beebe/Ratledge.

That could be a practical lineup. I don’t see how Harrison doesn’t get a chance at left tackle after Little stepped on Lawrence’s ankle though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11