Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marcedes Lewis Criticizing Fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I don't know why but this has really hit a nerve with me so I apologize in advance for my rant. The guy who has been on the team through this entire losing stretch since 2008 and hasn't been on a competitive team since 2010 calls out the people who invest their hard earned money and valuable time. We support the team who have not held up their end of the bargain, but yet it annoys you that fans are upset that the team has only been to the playoffs once in your 10 year career and the arrow still seems to be pointing down.Good thing I don't think Marcedes is going to be around for when things eventually do get turned around because I think he is OK with losing and that what bothers me. As always I will tune in Sunday with the hope for a win. At least now I know it's OK if we lose because winning 54 out of your last 150 or going 15 and 55 the last 5 years is OK because wins and losses don't matter anymore as long as I trust the process things will just get better.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...as-annoyed
That was tough to read.

I like the guy but shut your damn mouth and learn to catch a football. You get paid millions to do it and you still aren't good at it.

"We’re grinding. We’re out here working hard. Things are not going our way. And I feel like if we were to think like that, then where would we be anyway."

Oh goodness, where would you be? You're 1-5. You might be 0-6. That would be tragic.

What you're doing isn't working, Marcedes. I don't care how much you the players are buying into the process, if the process stinks.

I will support the Jaguars forever. They will be my team no matter what. That does not mean I won't offer my thoughts, good or bad.
"Its not always about wins and losses"

Really? So in the NFL do teams win a Super Bowl because they "followed a process and grinded" or because they won games?

Its about wins, and im tired of people in the organization trying to belittle fans because they are not happy with being the most pathetic team in the NFL year in and year out.
Lewis should feel fortunate that he's even on this team..
these are the guys exempt to Gus's "accountability".

So Marcades is hearing the noise from the unhappy fans is he?

I guess that means the rest of the team is hearing it too.

Well good I say.

Can someone ELI5....just what is this "process"?
Quote:Lewis said he hopes people understand that the Jaguars’ rebuild is an ongoing process and getting the franchise turned around takes time.

Yeah we know Marcedes... we've known this since JDR was fired.

It's just frustrating to know that the Jaguars have only had 12 wins since JDR left 3 1/2 years ago.

Quote:"Its not always about wins and losses"
Did he really say that? If so that's Gus's message 100% these guys are taking it literally and not surprised they really believe that. Once you make that your mantra it's hard to change that mentality. It's always about winning and losing.

Edit: I just read the piece. Here's my message to marcedes: SHUT YOUR FAT FACE THE HELL UP! Why don't you get off my damn team and stop contributing to it being a perennial loser. You are part of the problem! I don't want your loser mentality around here. I don't want my players on my team to even know about a so called process to build a team. I just need to know that you can do a very professionally skilled act like catch a freaking football!!! If you can't and or that's not 100% the focus I don't need you on my team. That goes for the rest of your teammates that feel the same as you! By the way don't tick off a ticked off fan base. Not a good move you scrub.
Quote:"Its not always about wins and losses"

Someone really should have told Herm Edwards that before he went on his rant.
LOL.

I'm with Marcedes.

Fans think they care more than the people that are actually putting the time and hard work in.

I'd be peeved too...
Quote:Lewis should feel fortunate that he's even on this team..

people should tweet that back to him

one of the worst and by far the most overpaid tight end in the league
I used to like Marcedes.

Dudes an idiot.
Quote:LOL.

I'm with Marcedes.

Fans think they care more than the people that are actually putting the time and hard work in.

I'd be peeved too...
I agree.  

The fans are clearly to blame for the Jaguars woes.  The players are going out and trying hard, but they are losing because the fans aren't supporting them enough.  

Fans need to spend more of their hard-earned money buying tickets, jerseys, etc. because the players are barely scraping by on a few million a year.  How can they concentrate on football when they have to worry about the fans wanting this mythical concept of a "win" - or even worse - "playoffs".  

Maybe the NFL should stop keeping score as that simply makes the game more stressful.  Playoffs could be done a random, rotating basis to make it more fair.  
Quote:I don't know why but this has really hit a nerve with me so I apologize in advance for my rant. The guy who has been on the team through this entire losing stretch since 2008 and hasn't been on a competitive team since 2010 calls out the people who invest their hard earned money and valuable time. We support the team who have not held up their end of the bargain, but yet it annoys you that fans are upset that the team has only been to the playoffs once in your 10 year career and the arrow still seems to be pointing down.Good thing I don't think Marcedes is going to be around for when things eventually do get turned around because I think he is OK with losing and that what bothers me. As always I will tune in Sunday with the hope for a win. At least now I know it's OK if we lose because winning 54 out of your last 150 or going 15 and 55 the last 5 years is OK because wins and losses don't matter anymore as long as I trust the process things will just get better.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...as-annoyed

What an...

[Image: 133262843_17493c7531.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

He's not a even a bottom of the barrel TE. My family has been calling him Butterfingers Lewis for years.

What a damn idiot. If Caldwell does not cut this piece of crap. then he needs to resign
I'm gonna have to side with the whiners here. I know shocking. But dude lost me when he said it's not all about the wins and losses.

His reference to a fixed mindset, comes from a book called, Mindset, which I highly recommend.
I love this team and I hate this team all at the same time.............smh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It doesn't matter what we think?  Um, really Lewis?  We are the ones that make your paycheck possible you bafoon.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16