Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Corey Grant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
This guy has some serious speed and agility. Would be an electrifying KR/PR. Is he likely a longshot to make the 53 or you think he's got a good chance?

Since we're not carrying the full back position and most likely 2 qbs I think he has a real chance to make the roster and possibly have a rotational role throughout the season.

He would easily be our third best back worst case.
Quote:Since we're not carrying the full back position and most likely 2 qbs I think he has a real chance to make the roster and possibly have a rotational role throughout the season.

Really?  Third best easily?  I think your wrong.
Quote:Since we're not carrying the full back position and most likely 2 qbs I think he has a real chance to make the roster and possibly have a rotational role throughout the season.

Third best?

Yeldon, Robinson and Gerhart all disagree. He may not even be better than Storm. Let's see what plays out in camp, first.
If anything at this point he will compete for a return role and on special teams. Hopefully with that speed he can develop into a number 2 or 3 back
All I can say is, beep beep timed speed lovers are relentless and live

Go speed

Home after 28 hours

Scotch, where are you?

Quote:Third best?

Yeldon, Robinson and Gerhart all disagree. He may not even be better than Storm. Let's see what plays out in camp, first.

Lol so much right now. I'm not that high on Gerhart, Storm or Pierce that's why I said third best. Yeldon and Robinson would be my top two. Not sure if you guys don't read the whole post and just want to argue or think Toby and Storm are really ballets?
Quote:Lol so much right now. I'm not that high on Gerhart, Storm or Pierce that's why I said third best. Yeldon and Robinson would be my top two. Not sure if you guys don't read the whole post and just want to argue or think Toby and Storm are really ballets?
He's not third best on this roster.  He's barely ON the roster. 
Quote:He's not third best on this roster. He's barely ON the roster.
Again if you guys read the post I was responding to the OP. I stated he has a good chance to make the roster and play in a rotational role. He would be the third best rb on the roster lol? The overreaction right now is crazy. Third best rb isn't a ringing endorsement.

All I'm saying is the guy could have the potential. Nothing more nothing less
Quote:Again if you guys read the post I was responding to the OP. I stated he has a good chance to make the roster and play in a rotational role. He would be the third best rb on the roster lol? The overreaction right now is crazy. Third best rb isn't a ringing endorsement.

No, you see, it's not that it's a ringing endorsement.  It's a false endorsement.  He's not better than Pierce, Gerhart, or Johnson.  You'll see soon enough.

I am predicting that eventually Grant, Storm, or Pierce takes the 3rd string RB spot (after Yeldon and Denard). There is somewhat of an affinity for Toby Geardown with the coaching staff, so it won't come easy, but I believe he will eventually get outplayed, and others will get their chance. I'm excited to see if Grant could be that guy. He appears to have the desire to show the coaches he can do everything.
Quote:No, you see, it's not that it's a ringing endorsement. It's a false endorsement. He's not better than Pierce, Gerhart, or Johnson. You'll see soon enough.

Maybe so. As long as the best guy is on the team that's all that matters to me. Could care less if it's Grant or Toby
Quote:Again if you guys read the post I was responding to the OP. I stated he has a good chance to make the roster and play in a rotational role. He would be the third best rb on the roster lol? The overreaction right now is crazy. Third best rb isn't a ringing endorsement.

He's a camp body who runs fast.  We've seen a lot of those over the years, and none of them are still around.
Quote:He's a camp body who runs fast. We've seen a lot of those over the years, and none of them are still around.

This could be very true. I just know after Yeldon and Robinson there isn't much and sing home about. Maybe Toby or storm improve but it's nothing I have seen from either to think a rookie free agent couldn't beat them out. It will be a fun story line for me to follow for the time being
Grant has a surprising amount of power too. I wouldn't be surprised if he forces Storm off the team in fairly short order. 

Quote:Grant has a surprising amount of power too. I wouldn't be surprised if he forces Storm off the team in fairly short order. 

Me neither. Watching Grant catch passes during the rookie minicamp, and knowing the kind of sheer speed he possesses, I keep thinking he's got a real chance.

Is it that time if year again where we overrate UDFAs?
Remember we had that other burner lol...Chad Kackert sp????? Gene telling us he ran 4.30 flat lol
Quote:This guy has some serious speed and agility. Would be an electrifying KR/PR. Is he likely a longshot to make the 53 or you think he's got a good chance?

If he can truly run a 40 yard dash in 4.26 yards with the right blocking this guy is going to be a lethal weapon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17