Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ebola: Texas nurse tests positive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/12/health/ebola/index.html

Eric, I'm curious as to how libertarians would view this:

<p class="">The Texas health department said officials have interviewed the patient and are identifying any contacts or potential exposures.

<p class="">"This is not an easy thing," Cohen said. "Keeping track of large numbers of people, taking their temperature twice a day, making sure they don't ... leave town, all of that is a lot of work.

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

Quote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/12/health/ebola/index.html

Eric, I'm curious as to how libertarians would view this:

The Texas health department said officials have interviewed the patient and are identifying any contacts or potential exposures.

"This is not an easy thing," Cohen said. "Keeping track of large numbers of people, taking their temperature twice a day, making sure they don't ... leave town, all of that is a lot of work.

What's your question? If Libertarians have a problem with trying to control an Ebola outbreak?

Why not ask your wonderful Federal Government why are they flying Ebola patients back here and not securing the border?
Quote:What's your question? If Libertarians have a problem with trying to control an Ebola outbreak?

Why not ask your wonderful Federal Government why are they flying Ebola patients back here and not securing the border?

Obama and co are allowing it on purpose. 

They want an outbreak. Otherwise you use common sense and don't allow these people to come over here from those countries. 
Quote:Obama and co are allowing it on purpose. 

They want an outbreak. Otherwise you use common sense and don't allow these people to come over here from those countries. 

It's hard to argue against that. I'm not convinced they "want" an outbreak but they've done just about everything possible to foster an outbreak. The border being my primary concern we have no idea who those people are, where they've been, what they have, and we shipped them all over the country.
Quote:It's hard to argue against that. I'm not convinced they "want" an outbreak but they've done just about everything possible to foster an outbreak. The border being my primary concern we have no idea who those people are, where they've been, what they have, and we shipped them all over the country.

....as well as sending our 3000? troops over there. Other than intentionally trying to get them infected so they bring it back here, that move makes zero sense as they have very little experience on how to deal with something like this, despite the [BLEEP] crash course in training that I'm sure they will get/ got. Its one thing to send some of our doctors and personnel like that over there that are more seasoned in this realm. 

Obama probably wants a breakout/ epidemic so he can institute martial law. Its the only way to guarantee he stays in office/ power past the 2 term limit, so he can continue to ruin this country. (which is his true goal)
Just got a text that Baptist is testing someone for Ebola...

Wow. Tin foil hat time.
Quote:What's your question? If Libertarians have a problem with trying to control an Ebola outbreak?

It wasn't meant to be condescending, so quit being so defensive.

Do you think the government should require evaluating those patients for twice a day to assure no symptoms arise?
Quote:Just got a text that Baptist is testing someone for Ebola...

Ebola has been ruled out.
Quote:It wasn't meant to be condescending, so quit being so defensive.

Do you think the government should require evaluating those patients for twice a day to assure no symptoms arise?

Yes, its a goverment function to protect the public in the case of a potential epidemic.
Quote:It wasn't meant to be condescending, so quit being so defensive.

Laughing I'm pretty sure containing an Ebola break out falls under the umbrella of protecting life.

Quote:It's hard to argue against that.

I'm taking a break from the internet for a while.
Quote: 

Obama probably wants a breakout/ epidemic so he can institute martial law. Its the only way to guarantee he stays in office/ power past the 2 term limit, so he can continue to ruin this country. (which is his true goal)

Clinically insane people be like....
Quote:Clinically insane people be like....

Feel free to keep that head in the sand
Quote:Feel free to keep that head in the sand

Free free to take your garbage to prison planet
Quote: Laughing I'm pretty sure containing an Ebola break out falls under the umbrella of protecting life.

But what if I don't have ebola? Why should I be forced to be evaluated twice a day to confirm that I don't have it?

Where do you draw the line? It's not like Ebola is the only disease that can cause deaths....
Quote:But what if I don't have ebola? Why should I be forced to be evaluated twice a day to confirm that I don't have it?

Where do you draw the line? It's not like Ebola is the only disease that can cause deaths....

Now you're just being ridiculous. If someone's come in contact with a virus that has the possibility to become an epidemic any form of government is going to quarantine and watch those individuals for a safe period of time.
Quote:Now you're just being ridiculous. If someone's come in contact with a virus that has the possibility to become an epidemic any form of government is going to quarantine and watch those individuals for a safe period of time.

Being ridiculous how?? There is 1 confirmed death from Ebola in this country as opposed to 250,000+ each year from influenza. You support the government forcing me to be quarantined and tested on despite showing no signs of illness?

Pretty picky and choosy with how you support "freedom".
Quote:Being ridiculous how?? There is 1 confirmed death from Ebola in this country as opposed to 250,000+ each year from influenza. You support the government forcing me to be quarantined and tested on despite showing no signs of illness?

Pretty picky and choosy with how you support "freedom".

Have you come into direct contact with an Ebola patient? If not then no you are not being quarantined and tested.

Like I said you're trying to think of some radical extreme reason to call Libertarians hypocrites. You're doing a pretty bad job and just making yourself look like a fool, carry on.
So because it's not happening to me discredits the point?

You support the government playing big brother and denying rights to people who aren't even sick. That isn't very "freedom fighter" of you.

Why don't you support government mandated flu shots? Influenza is responsible for hundreds of thousands of death each year.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14