Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chad Henne Signs Two Year Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@AdamSchefter</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/441997323791392768' title="1:02 PM - 7 Mar 2014">8m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Jacksonville and QB Chad Henne reached agreement on a Twi-year deal, per ESPN source.

Team Edward
I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. :yucky:

Henne Given Sunday

Quote:Henne Given Sunday

You called?
Bye bye, Blaine Gabbert.

Hope you land with a team that will let you play.
Bummer

Competition!
For me, this move gets marked as the first real disagreement I have had with Caldwell as far as personnel moves. Oh well, we knew it was coming.

You disagree with them signing a backup/insurance policy?

Quote:For me, this move gets marked as the first real disagreement I have had with Caldwell as far as personnel moves. Oh well, we knew it was coming.

Yeah, it really stinks of afraid to do something bold.

sticking with someone terrible just because they're the someone that you're used to having around sounds scared of change.

Oh well. If they don't get someone else at QB the season will be bad no matter what they put around that guy.
[Image: hines-ward-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif]

Good move.
Quote:You disagree with them signing a backup/insurance policy?
No, I don't disagree with that at all, I just disagree that it be Henne.
So....for How Much?

Caldwell already said he was inclined to keep Lame, rookie contract and all that. Seriously doubt he has any trade value (unless theres a blind GM somewhere).

so, who will be odd man out?

Surely we're drafting a QB in first round now or AT least in the second.

God help us if we don't.
Bridge gentlemen, he is a bridge to the new QB. He knows the system and is insurance.

Blaine is not going anywhere either, we have to pay him whether or not he is on the roster.

This tells me that they have an eye out for a QB in this draft and as soon as they are ready to start

Chad becomes the backup.

HeadSlap

Now having said this of course they will release Blaine tuesday after signing "insert shiny object here"

Signing Henne has no impact on us getting or not getting a QB in the draft.
Quote:No, I don't disagree with that at all, I just disagree that it be Henne.
You want M.Vick, M.Cassell, T.Jackson, J.McCown or J.Freeman instead?

There all the same dude.

Might as well retain the one that already knows the playbook.
A two year contract is hardly a long term deal. I'd like to see the amount first, but I bet it's front end heavy. This is more of a "Backup Transition" contract, and I'm almost convinced we aren't going Quarterback with the 3rd overall pick. We're grabbing a quarterback with a high ceiling but needs a year to develop and in one of the later rounds. Someone like Garoppolo, McCarron, Mettenberger, or Murrary.

Quote:Signing Henne has no impact on us getting or not getting a QB in the draft.
Have to agree with that scenario, they could wait, I just observe that signing Henne gives them many more options and

suspect they like someone maybe in the later rounds.

HeadSlap
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20