Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags FA talk and Signings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
There are like 4 threads all discussing the same thing essentially. Since today will be a busy day, let's keep it all in one place. The legal tampering period begins today at noon so there will be lots of information (and misinformation) swirling.

Enjoy it! The offseason is the best part!
Let the signings of 3rd tier free agents begin!
(03-14-2022, 09:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Let the signings of 3rd tier free agents begin!

Personally hoping we target a bunch of popped ACLs, although Gallup and Godwin were the prime suspects.
(03-14-2022, 09:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Let the signings of 3rd tier free agents begin!

That's about all there is this year.
(03-14-2022, 09:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

That's about all there is this year.

Agreed, which is why we should pass on them. Either trade for a real #1 WR or completely invest in the draft. Why overpay on guys who aren't significant upgrades, but will take a major hit on our cap? I mean it's not like most of us expected this to be a quick turnaround anyway. I'd rather give up draft capital to trade for a true #1 receiver or take a risk on some rookies rather than overpaying for a bunch of 3rd tier guys that won't help us.
Hopefully another team steps up and keeps us from getting Kirk. I don't hate him, but he's like a 10-12M WR not a 16M one. Go get Juju and Gage with just a little more money combined and we'd be much better off.
(03-14-2022, 09:57 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully another team steps up and keeps us from getting Kirk. I don't hate him, but he's like a 10-12M WR not a 16M one. Go get Juju and Gage with just a little more money combined and we'd be much better off.

Pass. More 3rd tier WR's. Gage had the entire WR unit to himself in Atlanta once Ridley left and he did nothing and Juju's production has fallen off a cliff ever since he decided to devote all his free time to Tik Tok.
(03-14-2022, 09:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 09:57 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully another team steps up and keeps us from getting Kirk. I don't hate him, but he's like a 10-12M WR not a 16M one. Go get Juju and Gage with just a little more money combined and we'd be much better off.

Pass. More 3rd tier WR's. Gage had the entire WR unit to himself in Atlanta once Ridley left and he did nothing and Juju's production has fallen off a cliff ever since he decided to devote all his free time to Tik Tok.

Dude we get it, you want to turn on Madden and force a trade that doesn't exist. Unfortunately the rest of us have to live in reality.

We have to get over the price tags. Last year’s salaries are no longer applicable. The cap made a big jump. And all the 1st tier guys got paid. It trickles down. If you want to play you’ve got to pay.
(03-14-2022, 10:07 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 09:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Pass. More 3rd tier WR's. Gage had the entire WR unit to himself in Atlanta once Ridley left and he did nothing and Juju's production has fallen off a cliff ever since he decided to devote all his free time to Tik Tok.

Dude we get it, you want to turn on Madden and force a trade that doesn't exist. Unfortunately the rest of us have to live in reality.

It has nothing to do with Madden. It's just not good business to overspend on 3rd tier guys. Look at what we did with Rayshawn Jenkins last season. He was a guy a lot of us on the board had never even heard of and we gave him a big contract. He sucked. We should upgrade Safety, but his dead cap number is so big, we're stuck with him for at least another season. I don't wanna see that happen at WR. We have to be smart.
(03-14-2022, 10:30 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]

We have to get over the price tags. Last year’s salaries are no longer applicable. The cap made a big jump. And all the 1st tier guys got paid. It trickles down. If you want to play you’ve got to pay.
The money doesn't matter this year. They need talent and you have to overpay in FA... ESPECIALLY if you're the Jags.
(03-14-2022, 10:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 10:30 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]We have to get over the price tags. Last year’s salaries are no longer applicable. The cap made a big jump. And all the 1st tier guys got paid. It trickles down. If you want to play you’ve got to pay.
The money doesn't matter this year. They need talent and you have to overpay in FA... ESPECIALLY if you're the Jags.

Agreed. Where is the talent though? I'm not hearing any names that would significantly help this team. I would gladly overpay if the talent was there. It isn't.
(03-14-2022, 10:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 10:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]The money doesn't matter this year. They need talent and you have to overpay in FA... ESPECIALLY if you're the Jags.

Agreed. Where is the talent though? I'm not hearing any names that would significantly help this team. I would gladly overpay if the talent was there. It isn't.

Is Kirk not better than anyone we currently have under contract?  If he is, that’s an upgrade. 

Baalke screwed the pooch on the Cooper trade. That’s one of the reasons we are where we are.
(03-14-2022, 10:30 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm well aware, I've been saying it all offseason. Should have done it for Amari though, or Chark, or told Gallup we'd give him 3M more per year than the Cowboys did.

I think Kirk is fine but not the one I would have chosen to go all out for. At his price tag I'd rather go for both Juju and Gage instead.
(03-14-2022, 09:39 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: [ -> ]

Personally hoping we target a bunch of popped ACLs, although Gallup and Godwin were the prime suspects.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
(03-14-2022, 10:41 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 10:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. Where is the talent though? I'm not hearing any names that would significantly help this team. I would gladly overpay if the talent was there. It isn't.

Is Kirk not better than anyone we currently have under contract?  If he is, that’s an upgrade. 

Baalke screwed the pooch on the Cooper trade. That’s one of the reasons we are where we are.
Fiction. Jags' offer was better.
(03-14-2022, 10:45 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 10:41 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]Is Kirk not better than anyone we currently have under contract?  If he is, that’s an upgrade. 

Fiction. Jags' offer was better.

Proof? or just making stuff up like always?
(03-14-2022, 10:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. Where is the talent though? I'm not hearing any names that would significantly help this team. I would gladly overpay if the talent was there. It isn't.

Jags offered more in terms of draft picks but wouldn't take the full salary (which is hilarious). 

Kirk would immediately help the Jaguars and give Trevor a reliable target. If it's 16 million, I'm in considering there aren't many options out there. They absolutely can not walk into next season with the same WR core plus a few rookies.
(03-14-2022, 10:53 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 10:45 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: [ -> ]Fiction. Jags' offer was better.

Proof? or just making stuff up like always?
Reports had Jags offering 4th and 6th; Browns gave up a fifth

Better than anyone under contract? I don't know. I think he is comparable to Jamal Agnew, who was our best receiver until he got hurt. Better than most of the guys we have? Yes, but not by that much. It's a minimal difference and not enough to really move the needle. Is that worth cutting into our cap? I don't think so. 

I want someone significantly better. He doesn't have to be Davante Adams type better, but someone who can come in and be a legitimate #1. I'm not hearing any names that make me think of a #1 WR. 

You're completely right. Baalke did "screw the pooch" on the Cooper trade. Getting him would've given Lawrence a legitimate #1 target. He may not be a Justin Jefferson type #1 WR, but he was light years better than anyone else that is available in free agency. I don't care what his cap number was, he would've been worth it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44