Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars Vs. Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Jaguars fans! Smile Our Jacksonville Jaguars are in the national spotlight, as they seek to win their first preseason game in 2016 as they host Andy Dalton, and the visiting Cincinnati Bengals, in the battle of NFL teams named after big cats, as both teams conclude Preseason Week 3 action in the NFL, for NBC's Sunday Night Football.

Both Jacksonville and Cincinnati are meeting tonight in their first ever scheduled preseason game, since the Jaguars entered as a charter member of the NFL beginning with their 1995 season. Jaguars also lead the all-time regular season series 10 games to 9 after 19 games. However, Jacksonville is on a current four-game regular season losing streak over the Bengals, and have not won a game over Cincinnati since a 23-20 home win at then Alltel Stadium back on October 9, 2005.

Jaguars veterans first year starting players should receive their most playing time on the field tonight. Traditionally, the third preseason game is treated as a dress rehearsal for Week 1 of the upcoming regular season, and give both the coaching staffs and players a feel of their game plan and plays, and apply what they have learned in both the OTA's (Organized Team Activities) and the Jaguars training camp. An opponent as the Bengals should be a real test on both the offensive and defensive units, and special teams.

Most of the first string starters and players may play through the early part of the second half, before the reserve players, undrafted college players signed after the 2016 NFL Draft and veteran free agents enter the field to showcase their talents in the remainder of tonight's game to be evaluated by their coaching staffs. All NFL teams coaching staffs will then go through difficult decisions after tonight's game and the next few days, as they all have to meet the first mandatory cutdown from 90 to 75 players by Tuesday afternoon, and before the fourth preseason game next Thursday Night.

Former ESPN Monday Night Football, and new NFL On NBC Sunday Night Football play-by-play broadcaster Mike Tirico, and returning game analyst Cris Collinsworth, are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter Michele Tafoya for NBC Sports Preseason Sunday Night Football coverage, televised live around the USA and Great Britain, and locally in Jacksonville on WTLV NBC Channel 12, live on HD.

Frank Frangie is also announcing the live radio game play-by-play, along with former Jaguars players Jeff Lageman and Tony Boselli, simulcast on Jaguars flagship stations WJXL Jax Radio 1010AM and 92.5FM, WGNE 99.9FM, and the Jaguars Radio Network.

Partly cloudy skies at 89 degrees, feels like 97 degrees, is the game forecast inside EverBank Field, for tonight's 8:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 15% precipitation, 57% humidity, and east/northeastern winds at 17 miles per hour.

Visiting Bengals are wearing their orange and black helmets, black jerseys, and white pants, while the host Jaguars are wearing their black helmets, and white jerseys and pants.

NO injuries, but let's hope the loyal Jaguars fans at EverBank can support our team, and help the Jaguars players and Coach Gus Bradley earn their first NFL win of the season, and good luck to all the players in making the first player cut in 2016!!!!! GO, and WE ARE JAGUARS!!!!! :yes: Smile B) :thumbsup: ^_^

Jaguars Vs. Bengals SNF NFL Game Centers With Current Team Rosters And Depth Charts:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2016/preseason3'>http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2016/preseason3</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016082853/2015/PRE3/bengals@jaguars#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview'>http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016082853/2015/PRE3/bengals@jaguars#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview</a>
11:59pm huh?
Happy Gameday. Lets hope for no injuries from either team and our starters to outplay the Bengals starters.

I'm predicting 28-20 Jags win.

I was so pumped for this thread! You didn't disappoint ameliabot! 

Can anyone say Obsessive/Compulsive?

Thanks Jags02! Everyone else may not think it's you, but I know the truth.
The bot makes my head hurt.
(BAD WORD REMOVED)terisks and all, this thread looks official, unfortunately it was started too early at 11:59pm on Saturday night and not officially on Sunday which is game day.

Quote:11:59pm huh?

He does this every week. I wish he could learn to wait until the clock on his computer ticks to 12:00.

As usual there is also a glaring mistake in the text. How can a Jaguars fan not know when Blake Bortles, Allen Robinson, and Julius Thomas became starters in Jacksonville?
Quote:He does this every week. I wish he could learn to wait until the clock on his computer ticks to 12:00.

As usual there is also a glaring mistake in the text. How can a Jaguars fan not know when Blake Bortles, Allen Robinson, and Julius Thomas became starters in Jacksonville?
I didn't know people actually read the opening novel on the game day threads. Just looked for the time stamp. So, after reading your post I had to go and read it to see what you were talking about. Pretty sure the bot mean "team" not "year". A little programming glitch.
Quote:He does this every week. I wish he could learn to wait until the clock on his computer ticks to 12:00.

You can envy her till the sun dries out and turns pink, or is it orange, but her thread is still official. She is our maker.

She meant Jaguars first year team starters.  It happens.  She is still our maker.

And no, she is not a he. An Amelia is always a she.

Go Jags
We cross posted Jags

This is perhaps the most important preseason game in franchise history. At this point, we as fans and the naysayers and the media and the players, coaches, staff, front office, owner and the world, need to see this team perform well at this time. On this oh so rare a stage of Sunday Night Football, 8PM est Prime Time. Even being the preseason, this is AllEyezOnWe.

And We Are Jaguars!
Quote:This is perhaps the most important preseason game in franchise history. At this point, we as fans and the naysayers and the media and the players, coaches, staff, front office, owner and the world, need to see this team perform well at this time. On this oh so rare a stage of Sunday Night Football, 8PM est Prime Time. Even being the preseason, this is AllEyezOnWe.

And We Are Jaguars!

I think we sensationalize Fred.  They can come out as flat as my Spurs this morning and still win the division. Or, they can absolutely scorch the Bengals today and take a charmingly Modis 4th place in the division....
Quote:I think we sensationalize Fred. They can come out as flat as my Spurs this morning and still win the division. Or, they can absolutely scorch the Bengals today and take a charmingly Modis 4th place in the division....

And I feel like Colvin shouldn't run with the starters. Let the guys who'll be there the 1st 4 games play together. That too would be sensational. Wink
Now let's get to it. What makes this game so important to us? A lot more than just being the first nationally televised Jaguars game on NBC, which means almost nothing. The biggest one is obviously our roster cuts - who will lose his job and who won't? Tomorrow is the day all 32 teams nave to cut their rosters down to 75 players. Not far behind is the depth chart, which remains full of question marks. On a personal level Kelvin Beachum will play for the first time since tearing his ACL last year.

as important as any unimportant preseason game can be, this one is important for this franchise at this time for sll the hype, the ongoing lack of success, and the national magnifying glass known as Sunday Night Football. If we play well tonight and meet the hype with success, even if we have a .500 record and finish last in the division, it would just taste better. sourpuss
Quote:And I feel like Colvin shouldn't run with the starters. Let the guys who'll be there the 1st 4 games play together. That too would be sensational.

Colvin needs some playing time with the starters. He does not have to be a starter to do that. Remember we will have him for 12 games.
I have to say, in my time on this board, I have neither read the opening post on the gameday/night thread.. nor have I taken notice of the time stamp.

I can't work out why either of those things will bother anyone.. Maybe it's just me and my 'crazy British mindset'.