Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I Can't Defend Bortles Anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I've been one of his biggest advocates this season. 

I've seen the positives, but frankly I feel it is to the point that the turnovers are outweighing that. He literally threw the ball right to Te'o. It's killing this team. 

He literally didn't. He threw the ball to his receiver and Teo jumped.
Bortles has to play reckless in order for us to have a chance to win. Take the good with the bad right now.

That INT was more play call than BB5.

But whatever.  If you want to hate on BB5, feel free.

Only time will tell whether or not he's a better QB than you think he is.  

Don't be so emotional...

So the guy making all the plays is killing the team??

Bring in Henne?

Quote:Bortles has to play reckless in order for us to have a chance to win. Take the good with the bad right now.
This.
Threw it right to him so much that it was a bobbled one-handed catch.
Quote:Bortles has to play reckless in order for us to have a chance to win. Take the good with the bad right now.

Oh wow.  Yes.  Yes this is true.

Thanks for saying that Stroud....  You're 100% right.  

Yep.
Quote:That INT was more play call than BB5.

But whatever.  If you want to hate on BB5, feel free.

I don't hate Bortles. I hope he turns it around. But until then, I can't really stick up for him without shutting off logic. 
Jameis Winston is better. I'm sad now.
Blake isn't on the side of the ball that has given up 21 pints to a team with no WRs or Olinemen...

Pretty much this, we're bad in pretty much all aspects of the game, Bortles have to make those go big or go home type of plays.
10 TDs 9 INTs since week 6.

Stupid gonna stupid.
Why do people get so emotional? If anything the D has been awful but no lets all jump on the QB when he tries to make something happen

This. 
He sure makes it difficult. He is wildly inconsistent. Won't lose hope on him unless these mistakes continue next season. But man, that interception was so frustrating. An ugly throw and it looked like his eyes were at the ground when he threw it.
[Image: CUOjyE2WUAAM8Jc.jpg]

Quote:

That INT was more play call than BB5.

But whatever. If you want to hate on BB5, feel free.

Your hate of the coaches is blinding you of the obvious. None of the coaches are telling Bortles to stare down his WRs. He never took his eyes off his first read.

I'm still a fan of Bortles but at some point he's going to have to put on his big boy pants and get past this interception at inopportune time phase. He's got to learn how to take care of the ball better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19