Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jäguars @ Bengals Game Day Thread - Second Half***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bengals lead 12-3, with an Andy Dalton TD pass to Mohamed Sanu, a Mike Nugent field goal, and a safety. Jäguars only score so far, was a Josh Scobee 49-yard field goal in the first quarter. .Jaguars have to catch up if they want to win their second game of the regular season, in the second half, GO JÄGUARS!!!!!
Lolok
WHEN IS THE LAST TIME SOMEONE STARTED THE 3RD QTR WITH A 15 YARD PENALTY?

#becausejaguars

UH OH, the dreaded 2nd half thread.

What's going to happen to the Jags next?

Haha, the announcer during halftime just suggested the Bengals might be holding back against the Jags since they're playing on a short week against the Browns on Thursday. Way to kick us when we're down! 

It would be a miracle if we can come back and win this game. And I truly mean a miracle.

Looking forward to it

Quote:Haha, the announcer during halftime just suggested the Bengals might be holding back against the Jags since they're playing on a short week against the Browns on Thursday. Way to kick us when we're down! 
Teams gonna start playing backups in games against the Jags, like a second bye week  :teehee:  (just joking)

All we can hope for is that for the first time in his head coaching career, Gus accidentally makes some halftime adjustments.

Jags getting ready to make their patented 2nd half adjustments.
Quote:It would be a miracle if we can come back and win this game. And I truly mean a miracle.
Impossible with the way the entire team is playing right now
Would be nice to see us actually fix things at the half...

I haven't seen too many NFL offenses that are incapable of generating chunk plays in the passing game, you aren't going to beat any defenses at this level when 80% of your pass plays are screens and hitches/curls.
Why are our receivers NEVER open?!?!?
The Jags haven't progressed at all since BB has been starting and actually look like they are regressing.

That is a very bad sign for a HC.

Cincy's Backup LBs are playing terrible. They're missing tackles and out of position. Jags need to work the middle a lot.

Bengals "Bungling" is keeping Jags in it right now.

2 dropped INTS

Bone-headed penalties (especially that AJ Green offsides)

This one should be out of hand right now.

Jags still in it.

Bengals are riddled with key injuries all over.

Work the middle of the field on offense.

Blitz and Pressure on Defense against the Rookie Center and RG.
so Jeremiah George is out.

you have GOT to be kidding me! what is going on with our special teams blocking???

Quote:Why are our receivers NEVER open?!?!?

If I had to guess it's got two reasons.

One is that the offensive line can't block, so all the routes have to be really shallow.

The second is that teams facing the Jaguars understand this fact so they're not giving a big cushion for fear of getting beat deep.

Get ready for an INT from Bortles. 

Probably some sort of [BLEEP] play on special teams too. Both are near guaranteed. 

Hello future self, sorry you had to quote this Sad