Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's Not All On The OL..Keep Telling You Guys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[Image: 10672354_10202567271533059_3969438548151...e=54D01B25]

its' mostly on Fisch and on Gerhart and Henne. 

look at all the time Henne has....there isnt a receiver in sight because thats how much time he has had

[Image: 10641151_10202567233532109_9211249534703...6a6dedd7a9]

these pictures are courtesy of someone else. they are not mine

Yep, he has to get the ball out sooner.  If no one is open, throw it away.  A couple of times he ran directly into the blitzers waiting arms.

He just holds the ball too long. I think one of his main problems is that he picks the receiver he's going to throw to before the ball is snapped. He doesnt have eyes for anyone else. (see the pick, and also the throw into triple coverage towards Lee). If that option isnt available he just holds the ball until he is sacked.

Some at the attempts at disguising play action were rediculous. He wasnt even facing the RB most of the time.

if that is Manning or Brady or heck, even Bortles, that 10 sacks magically goes down to 2-3

Were these sack plays?
the first picture is a big ol hole that Gerhart missed. i remember yelling at him from my couch.

the second picture, i dont know if it was a sack play, but it shows that all the ills arent the OL. And just from watching the game, any honest observer would know that most of the sacks were a result of Henne.

I watched these plays on my DVR and a couple of comments in the interest of accuracy.

On the pass play screen cap, the time from the snap hitting Henne's hands to the sack was actually only about 2.5 seconds because immediately after this screen cap the middle of the line just completely collapses.  Enough time to get the ball out on a hot read but as you see in the cap, there doesn't appear to be an outlet receiver.  Hard to say what is going on down field.  The live motion video doesn't show either.

The run play actually gained about 4 yards (although it was spotted a yard short by the ref).  Gerhart tried to cut to a hole slightly to his right that shut immediately instead of trying to get outside.  I'd say this was a mental mistake on his part.

Fisch is the main reason.

This season again, playcalling is terrible.

Running a power back to the outside is just stupid.

We have a couple of fast WR's (amazing route by Hurns when he drops the ball) but we still throw short passes.

in that case, then Henne should roll out and throw the ball away, right?

its funny how Beadles looks competent when Peyton Manning is back there

these are questions that have to be answered.

every line that Peyton has had in his career, no matter who they plug in, all of a sudden look good

now ask yourself why

for anyone to defend fisch after that last stupid playcall, would show that they just have an agenda

Quote:Fisch is the main reason.

This season again, playcalling is terrible.

Running a power back to the outside is just stupid.

We have a couple of fast WR's (amazing route by Hurns when he drops the ball) but we still throw short passes.
Yeah because it will work to run up the middle with our IOL and all those 8 men boxes

Quote:Yeah beacause it will work to run up the middle with our IOL and all those 8 men boxes
in the Philly game, when we decided to run inside zone plays, that's when Gerhart got his most yards.

hmmm. Gerhart is a bruiser so i know what i'll do!! i'll run him on toss sweeps and stretch plays and expect him to get to the corner!! - Jedd Fisch
Quote:in that case, then Henne should roll out and throw the ball away, right?

its funny how Beadles looks competent when Peyton Manning is back there

these are questions that have to be answered.

every line that Peyton has had in his career, no matter who they plug in, all of a sudden look good

now ask yourself why

On the live video it happens pretty fast.  Henne plants his back foot, there is a heartbeat and then he is hit by about 3 defensive players.  A better athlete may have been able to throw it away but there are a lot of players that would have been sacked in that situation.  It's been said that Beadles was probably the weakest link on the Denver line whereas he might be one of our strongest lineman.  I think that says a lot about our OL compared to Denver.
I watched some of the sacks where they spotlighted Kerrigan's play.  He should send a nice Christmas present to Henne this year.  If you were to give a draft class 3 years to pay dividends, we are getting crushed on our return this year.  Prosinski and Shorts are the only ones left and neither one is doing much positive.  Our year 2 players are okay.

This team is a mess.  They are making me miss the DG quick slant days.

Washington had 0 sacks last week
Quote:Washington had 0 sacks last week

Well if we base it on yesterday they're on track to finish the season with 150
I agree with the premise of this thread. The great QBs generally go through a couple reads and get the ball out in 1.7-2.5 seconds. They've shown several times on ESPN and NFL network putting the stopwatch on QBs (including Bortles in the preseason) that consistently get the ball out in under 2 seconds. And that doesn't mean a bubble screen. With NFL receivers' speed that's a route tree that can extend 20 yards downfield. This is all just on my impression watching the game, but most of the sacks I'm pretty sure happened after 3 seconds. Pretty much the only exceptions were the free rushers, which may also be on Henne depending on his responsibility for calling a hot read or adjusting the blocking to an overloaded side.

Our O-line is certainly subpar at this point and we have to hope they'll improve with experience. Even Peyton would have been sacked a few times yesterday and roughed up after releasing the ball. Henne is not making their job any easier by holding on to the ball too long and failing to punish the defense for stacking the box. We have players that can punish people in space. Lee and D. Robinson consistently make the first guy miss. They're just usually getting the ball on a bubble screen or in an area of the field where we're outnumbered. Spread the field, motion guys to the edge, get the ball out quick for mid level passes and punish the defense for not respecting the athletes on the outside.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20