Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colin Kap won't stand for National Anthem...just wow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I don't think that the NFL will "take your job" away...I think your lack of progress and immaturity will do that just fine.
This is really going to help the "cause" he is supporting...
He needs to worry about making the team not world peace. God will take care of that.

This is enormously stupid on his part to disrespect the men and women who fought for our freedom!

Man don't even get me started..
The man is standing up for something he believes in. I dont see the problem. And I fought for this country
He is disrespecting our country, that's the problem.
I don't think it has anything to do with standing up for what he believes in OR disrespecting the country. He's trying to keep himself relevant and in the news. If his play can't do that then he's gonna rely on scandal to do it.

Stand up for what you believe in? That's cool. Be part of the change, don't just make empty protests.
Quote:The man is standing up for something he believes in. I dont see the problem. And I fought for this country

If he really wanted to stand up for something he believes in, he would find a more practical way to accomplish that. Disrespecting the very flag that allows him have an opinion is counter-productive.
I hope he gets cut.
Quote:I hope he gets cut.

The guy can't even beat our Gabbert at QB, his play will take care of that.

This stunt certainly wont help his cause as we know how Chip feels about divas.
It is his right to do this, but I think this would be a more powerful statement from someone with less personal controversy.

However the reason these sort of protests are widely reported is people feel it should be required to stand/ hand on heart/ remove hat/ etc. I follow this, but I would not dream of demanding others do the same.
Anybody that doesn't stand for our country is a coward. I got friends that laid down their lives for his.
Wow, I just became a big supporter of Gabbert again. Way to fuel the fire of anti-American sentiment Colin. Standing up for the anthem and showing respect for our country is not tantamount to saying that we have a perfect country and that there aren't injustices going on. He should defect and go to a third world country and fight in their military. Maybe he can get a few million dollars signing bonus. So if a member of his family does something wrong, does he boycott his own family unity? Go play for Canada.
Im African American so I have a different perspective

He's "standing up" for what I assume is the incredibly stupid "Black lives matter" bullcrap. 
Figured he would want to stand as much as possible based on how much he will be sitting this year.

Also, anybody who thinks it is OK for him to do this are idiots.
What branch Doc? Navy Corpsman?

Quote:The man is standing up for something he believes in. I dont see the problem. And I fought for this country
Quote:He needs to worry about making the team not world peace. God will take care of that.

This is enormously stupid on his part to disrespect the men and women who fought for our freedom!

Man don't even get me started..

They have fought so we have the right to do exactly what he's doing. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily, but it's his right.

I stand for the National Anthem every time, but I think the pledge is kind of "cultish," that doesn't make me any less American.
Hey, people get killed so people like him to have the ability to put their views on display, no matter how crazy or wrong everyone else thinks it is. At least the system remains in tact, right?
He has the right to protest any way he sees fit. Football fans and companies that might work with him have the right to react the way they seem fit. Welcome to the United States of America.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21