Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Staff & Front Office Speculation (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Quote: Several members of Marrone's staff believe a coaching change is inevitable in 2020 at this point, sources said, while changes could be coming in the front office as well. Multiple league sources have pointed to former ChiefsGM Scott Pioli and former Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels as possible candidates there. Jags ownership has long studied New England's success; Pioli and McDaniels have deep Patriots roots, and ownership has been impressed by their work in the past, sources said -- with increasing chatter about them in NFL circles in recent weeks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...ice-ranks/

Quote: According to Jason La Canfora, there’s a strong sense within the Jaguars organization that major changes are coming at the end of the 2019 season.

La Canfora writes several members of the coaching staff and front office are concerned about their job security and have begun reaching out around the league to gauge availability for positions with other teams.

https://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-staff-...offseason/
Josh Daniels?

Could this team please not copy some other team? I tell you copying Seattle sure has worked out so well. Do you really want to give Josh his second chance? Oh well what ya going to do.
A little skittish with Scott Pioli and Josh McDaniels personally.

Would rather see a Mike Borgonzi and Eric Bieniemy combination here.

Maybe go after Rick Smith and Kevin Stefanski as well.

Mike McCarthy and Jay Gruden should also be interviewed. I like what Kris Richard has done in Dallas but I don't think a defensive minded headcoach will fix our team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
"Several members of Marrone's staff believe a coaching change is inevitable in 2020...."
imagine that
All I want for Christmas is Morrone's bologna sandwich
he turned down the indy job after accepting it. he is the same decietfull jerk as marone
Coughlin has to go first. No GM candidate with options will take this job knowing that ultimately Coughlin makes the final personnel moves. And now any head coach candidate knows that Coughlin is meddling behind the scenes on coaching issues.
(12-01-2019, 05:48 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]he turned down the indy job after accepting it. he is the same decietfull jerk as marone

I don't want a guy who wanted Tebow.
Leftwich called a nice game today against us. I wouldn't make him a head coach but there has to be some options that avoid recycling failure.
Has anyone ever come from the Belichick coaching tree and done well? I’m a no-go on them.
(12-01-2019, 05:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2019, 05:48 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]he turned down the indy job after accepting it. he is the same decietfull jerk as marone

I don't want a guy who wanted Tebow.
That and that. Agreed on both fronts. He dismantled that team. Backed out of that job last year.

Just don't trust someone that flakey.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Pioli yes, McDaniels no
(12-01-2019, 05:49 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Coughlin has to go first. No GM candidate with options will take this job knowing that ultimately Coughlin makes the final personnel moves. And now any head coach candidate knows that Coughlin is meddling behind the scenes on coaching issues.

/\/\/\ This

and don't forget giving Johnny O the boot
(12-01-2019, 05:51 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever come from the Belichick coaching tree and done well? I’m a no-go on them.

Bill O’Brien and Mike Vrabel teams are currently atop the division and spank the jags yearly. 

But I’d rather go after a young offensive mind. Kevin Stefanski is still my #1 choice considering the production he’s gotten from Cousins and Cook.
(12-01-2019, 05:51 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever come from the Belichick coaching tree and done well? I’m a no-go on them.

I believe Thomas Dimitroff is the only one of the 30 or so hires to come from the Patriots that didn't fail in astounding fashion. And he's not even a coach, so I had to sidestep your answer just to find some semblance of a basis for hiring anyone from the Pats.

JLC is far from reliable, but any time the Jags are linked to anyone from that organization, credibly or not, I'm going to be incredibly worried.

With that said, if Shad's plan to fix this mess he let fester for a year past expiration is Scott Pioli, I'm out for good. Pioli is a piece of trash who has no business being anywhere near a position of power again. McDaniels is a snake who I don't want near the organization either, but Pioli is just a bad person--at least as an executive. It takes a really questionable person to make Todd Haley a sympathetic figure.

Edit: knarnn up above listed BOB, who I forgot about. Vrabel is iffier as he never actually coached under the Pats, but did learn under BOB. So I guess the Pats have had 2.5 successful hires, not just TD as I initially asserted.
Get rid of Coughlin first and foremost - or let him "retire".

I do not want Pioli or McDaniels to come near our team at all...

McCarthy is my top choice candidate for HC.
Why does McCarthys name keep coming up??

He’s just an average coach. 

Are there ANY smart coaches out there that have some intense masculine energy?? 

I think Harbaugh and Tomlin should be the standard not NE. I like McVay too.
No more fat, aging, old bland dudes please. Give me a leader of men, who’s got some intense brains and doesn’t RA RA RA like Bradley.
I don’t doubt that changes are coming, but it’s not because of that throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks nitwit Lacanfora.

Lacanfora. -clown
Pioli. -clown.
McDaniels -weasel
Lol, McDaniels ain't coming here. He left the clots high and dry and now hold a the keys to the kingdom when BB retires.

Dup
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19