Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The great big Blackmon thread (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
The first sentence says it's Ryan O's opinion.

I'd take Ryan O's opinion on Justin Blackmon with a Texas sized grain of salt.
Quote:The first sentence says it's Ryan O's opinion.

I'd take Ryan O's opinion on Justin Blackmon with a Texas sized grain of salt.

Definitely.

I mean I think we have little reason to believe Blackmon will ever be back. But Ryan O has a bizarre obsession with Blackmon.
After calling Blackmon a number 5 receiver at best anything this guy says about blackmon is not worth reading.

Quote:After calling Blackmon a number 5 receiver at best anything this guy says about blackmon is not worth reading.

Say what? If Blackmon returns as good as he was, he'd instantly be our #1 WR.

Sometimes people are right on even though they have a bias. The fact that he hasn't applied yet, that we haven't even heard anything from his agent about plans to return (along the lines of "Justin is excited to begin the process to get back on the field.") leads me to begrudgingly agree. I'd actually be surprised if he played another game in the league.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've been at peace with the idea for a long time now.

Usually a player at least tries to come back for the money. I've never seen anything like this
Quote:Sometimes people are right on even though they have a bias. The fact that he hasn't applied yet
, that we haven't even heard anything from his agent about plans to return (along the lines of "Justin is excited to begin the process to get back on the field.") leads me to begrudgingly agree. I'd actually be surprised if he played another game in the league.
No one knows if he's applied yet...the last word from the Caldwell is this:

" Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said the team doesn't know if suspended WR Justin Blackmon has applied for reinstatement.

"Our process hasn't changed," Caldwell said. "Plan to go without him, but if he emerges, he's going to go in with the top guys and compete. Hopefully we're able to get some news."

<div><b>Source:</b> Florida Times Union

that's the last that I found, other than snippets from recent OZONE(s) about the the league not saying anything about if he had applied yet or not, therefore it's not FACT that he has not applied
</div>
He probably is done. But at least sounds like he's healthy.
Caldwell said that due to nfl rules, they wouldn't even know if he's applied. Teams are not privvy to this information.

Quote:Say what? If Blackmon returns as good as he was, he'd instantly be our #1 WR.

Agreed.  Based on what we saw in very limited appearances, with experience he could have been a pro-bowler.  With that said, he may never even make it back to the NFL much less get an opportunity to play at a high level.  So much wasted talent.  smh
Justin who? You must be talking another "has been" receiver that use to play for the Jags. Bring on the 2015 draft!

Quote:Caldwell said that due to nfl rules, they wouldn't even know if he's applied. Teams are not privvy to this information.
I have to believe that, if he had applied, his agent would make the fact known to the team. 
Quote:No one knows if he's applied yet...the last word from the Caldwell is this:

" Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said the team doesn't know if suspended WR Justin Blackmon has applied for reinstatement.

"Our process hasn't changed," Caldwell said. "Plan to go without him, but if he emerges, he's going to go in with the top guys and compete. Hopefully we're able to get some news."

Source: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400642/hays-carlyon/2015-04-24/jaguars-gm-dave-caldwell-repeats-familiar-line-no-news'>Florida Times Union </a>

that's the last that I found, other than snippets from recent OZONE(s) about the the league not saying anything about if he had applied yet or not, therefore it's not FACT that he has not applied

But I think that's the point they were trying to make. The fact that we haven't heard anything is a problem. We heard all kinds of news about Gordon, Hardy, AP but nothing about Blackmon? That to me is not a good sign
Who knows, maybe he thinks football is the cause for his temptation and is just living life clean. Wouldn't be mad at him but as everyone suggests it would be nice to hear something
Quote:But I think that's the point they were trying to make. The fact that we haven't heard anything is a problem. We heard all kinds of news about Gordon, Hardy, AP but nothing about Blackmon? That to me is not a good sign
we haven't heard anything because the nfl does not allow such things to be talked about...Just as JAGS02 stated up above " Caldwell said that due to nfl rules, they wouldn't even know if he's applied. Teams are not privvy to this information."  
The Jags certainly can't make any info known that they don't have
I'm normally a very optimistic fan of the team and players, but I just think Blackmon is absolutely done in this league. Between the "fat" pictures of him and the "no news" of him, it kind of just seems like he doesn't care.

I wish him well as a person, though.
Quote:Say what? If Blackmon returns as good as he was, he'd instantly be our #1 WR.

I'll still hold out hope for him to stay clean. Maybe by next season he is back in form. Maybe not. Nothing to lose at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40