Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3rd overall pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Thoughts

Clowney or Barr

shoot I'll take it

Typical for the Jags, basically the worst possible outcome. No Bridgewater and now no Clowney either. 

And a glut of teams tied at 4-12 so our picks in subsequent rounds will be scattered. 

It just seems scripted. 

The NFL doesn't want this franchise to be successful while it remains in Jax.

Quote:Clowney or Barr

shoot I'll take it

Clowney will be picked no lower than 2nd. Whether that be with the Rams or trade. 
Quote:Clowney will be picked no lower than 2nd. Whether that be with the Rams or trade.

The Rams will most likely trade out or take a tackle. They currently have two pretty good pass rushers on their line.
Quote:Clowney will be picked no lower than 2nd. Whether that be with the Rams or trade. 

Rams wont pick him. But I agree they will probably trade down with a team other than us. 
WOW!
Quote:Typical for the Jags, basically the worst possible outcome. No Bridgewater and now no Clowney either.

And a glut of teams tied at 4-12 so our picks in subsequent rounds will be scattered.

It just seems scripted.

The NFL doesn't want this franchise to be successful while it remains in Jax.

You're so predictable I could write your posts for you and no one would know the difference lol

I think they take Matthews at two.
Free agency will be a big give away of what we do in the draft. If we dont sign a high profile pass rusher it wouldnt make sense if they dont select one in the first round. 

I mean... they could wait till the second round and still go QB but its unlikely. Its gonna be a real fun off season. 

Quote:Rams wont pick him. But I agree they will probably trade down with a team other than us. 

Exactly. 

I am so angry right now....

Its like we suffered another bad season for nothing. 

We get zero of the 2 top prizes in the draft, unless we do something stupid and trade up which would require a kings ransom to do so and thats never advisable. 

Quote:Free agency will be a big give away of what we do in the draft. If we dont sign a high profile pass rusher it wouldnt make sense if they dont select one in the first round.

They won't. I can't see Caldwell spending an exorbitant amount of money for a FA pass rusher.
Quote:I think they take Matthews at two.

I think that has zero chance of happening. 

They may ultimately get Matthews, but it will be via a trade down. Not at 2. 
Quote:Exactly. 

I am so angry right now....

Its like we suffered another bad season for nothing. 

We get zero of the 2 top prizes in the draft, unless we do something stupid and trade up which would require a kings ransom to do so and thats never advisable. 
Kings ransom to move up 1 spot? idk about that. 
Relax. Clowney and Barr maybe even Teddy will be at our pick. No one is trading up for Clowney. 

Quote:Kings ransom to move up 1 spot? idk about that. 

Its for Clowney (or Bridgewater) yes it will cost a kings ransom to trade up, even one spot. 

This isn't like last year when it was only Joeckel or Jordan at the top of the draft....
Quote:Relax. Clowney and Barr maybe even Teddy will be at our pick. No one is trading up for Clowney. 

lol.....we shall see...
Quote:Its for Clowney (or Bridgewater) yes it will cost a kings ransom to trade up, even one spot. 

This isn't like last year when it was only Joeckel or Jordan at the top of the draft....
They aren't going to ask for a kings ransom to move down 1 spot no matter who is there, they either take one of those two "amazing players" or they have their eyes set on someone else, moving down one spot and still getting your guy + more picks isn't a crazy thought. 
I just looked up the OROY  and DROY for the last 30 years.

Now I am laughing at this 2 picks only nonsense.

It's comical.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27