Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fire Gus Bradley (MERGED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm expecting this thread to be flamed and then die a brutal death...   But I just have to say it.  Gus needs to be fired immediately.  That's nothing new...

But I think it's time to start preparing for 2017.  Why wait till the bye?  Let's see what Marrone has got.  Is he really capable of leading this team?  I want to see it.

In addition, this offense has regressed.  All of a sudden, we've decided to feature Lee as the primary target for BB5?  What's going on here?  We're not verticle like we were last year.  The screens that we run are aweful.

Greg Roman just got fired from Buffalo.  The dude had tyrod taylor looking good in a loss against the jets.  He should not have been fired on Friday.  But that mistake should be our opportunity.

Get Greg Roman in here ASAP.  Let him run this offense.  Let Marrone have a crack at HC and let's see what we got.  This long nightmare should end.  And it really should end today.

Flame away.

http://www.matisec.com/sites/default/fil...he-feu.jpg

Sounds good, if it dont work out start over in the offseason
Fire Olsen? The man has transformed our offense into a powerhouse. They get stifled for one game and you want him fired?

I don't understand why so many people want to promote Marrone. In his very limited experience at HC, he has a losing record. We need to hire a winner and stay away from all these losers. He might be a good oline coach but that doesn't make him a good HC.
Quote:I don't understand why so many people want to promote Marrone. In his very limited experience at HC, he has a losing record. We need to hire a winner and stay away from all these losers. He might be a good oline coach but that doesn't make him a good HC.

From what I've seen since he's been here, Marrone is really not that good of an OL Coach. I also don't understand the urge to hire coaches just fired by other teams for being an epic failure.

Quote:I don't understand why so many people want to promote Marrone. In his very limited experience at HC, he has a losing record. We need to hire a winner and stay away from all these losers. He might be a good oline coach but that doesn't make him a good HC.
Doug Marrone has more career wins than Gus Bradley in two seasons.
Quote:Doug Marrone has more career wins than Gus Bradley in two seasons.

Gus' shiny bald dome couldn't even comprehend 9-7, let alone make it happen. Marrone is 5x the coach Gus will ever be.
Quote:From what I've seen since he's been here, Marrone is really not that good of an OL Coach. I also don't understand the urge to hire coaches just fired by other teams for being an epic failure.
I agree with that as well. Coaches are fired for a reason. Getting a "good" coach in here will be hard. They're all taken. Winners stay put. The ones looking for a job were fired elsewhere because they suck.

We'll most likely have to hire some position coach or coordinator from somewhere that is unproven. Sort of like the Gus gamble that blew up in our face.
Quote:I agree with that as well. Coaches are fired for a reason. Getting a "good" coach in here will be hard. They're all taken. Winners stay put. The ones looking for a job were fired elsewhere because they suck.

We'll most likely have to hire some position coach or coordinator from somewhere that is unproven. Sort of like the Gus gamble that blew up in our face.
I hear there's a guy who lives nearby... I think his last name is Coughlin.
Hey i agree with you. Nothing can be worse than this right?
Quote:Sounds good, if it dont work out start over in the offseason

We are always starting over.
Quote:Fire Olsen? The man has transformed our offense into a powerhouse. They get stifled for one game and you want him fired?

I know, it's reactionary.  But it's not just after 1 game.  It's 2...   :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

The greenbay game, while it was more successful in many ways, was also not what we've come to expect based on last year's offense.  Over the last 2 games, we don't look to the vertical passing game.  It's like Olsen has forgotten what made us successfull last year.  

I think it wouldn't hurt us to change over the entire senior staff (HC, OC, DC).  Let Marrone have his shot and give Roman a look at OC.  It's crazy, but at this point, I'm ready for a little crazy.
Quote:We are always starting over.

Rebuild!

Fair enough...  But I think if we got a guy like Marrone on board, might as well let him try to right the ship.  You you don't like what you see, at least you got Roman there also that we can promote from within.  

If I recall, he was a pretty hot commodity a few years back.  And dude, tyrod taylor looked very impressive running Roman's offense.   Think about that.  Tyrod Taylor...  That dude...  

I think Roman is a legitimate option.  But in the mean time, Marrone has experience with this team.   Maybe he can get these guys focused.  
Quote:I hear there's a guy who lives nearby... I think his last name is Coughlin.

With Monte Kiffen on the team, at least there would be someone else over 70 to befriend him.

Bradley will be out sooner rather than later. The Roman idea isn't all that far fetched. Caldwell had his decision narrowed down between Roman and Bradley four years ago to headcoach this team. Marrone bailed on Buffalo after Ralph Wilson passed away. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but I do recall him leaving the team rubbed all the players the wrong way up there. I don't trust him as a headcoach when the tough get's going. I'd rather see Greg Olson get the interim job if that's the case.

Quote:We are always starting over.

Here's the worst case, and I mentioned this in another thread yesterday... Gus Bradley and his ineptitude could very well have damaged the growth of a lot of our key young talent.  There's a distinct possibility that keeping this loser around as long as we did has regressed our young talent enough to that a rebuild of certain positions may very well be in the cards.

I've looked into the abyss, fellas.  

The sooner we remove the that which is hurting the progress of the team, the better.  Every week that goes by that Gus is still here is a week where our players regress.  Give Marrone the helm and let him try to right the ship.  

The thing that damages this team more is keeping the coach that is the problem.
Quote:I know, it's reactionary.  But it's not just after 1 game.  It's 2...   :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

The greenbay game, while it was more successful in many ways, was also not what we've come to expect based on last year's offense.  Over the last 2 games, we don't look to the vertical passing game.  It's like Olsen has forgotten what made us successfull last year.  

I think it wouldn't hurt us to change over the entire senior staff (HC, OC, DC).  Let Marrone have his shot and give Roman a look at OC.  It's crazy, but at this point, I'm ready for a little crazy.

Both teams did a great job sticking it to ARob. I get the feeling Allen Robinson is only going to put up with that for so long. Get him on track again, and I'm sure the offense will take right back off where it was. I also feel like the Ivory loss really effected this team as he had become a major part of the gameplan this preseason. Simply put, firing Oley is NOT the answer.

As for Gus, I'm giving him a few more games to show something. The defense is brand new and may take more than two games to jell, but at this point the defense doesn't appear any better than what we've had over the past few years.

Quote:Bradley will be out sooner rather than later. The Roman idea isn't all that far fetched. Caldwell had his decision narrowed down between Roman and Bradley four years ago to headcoach this team. Marrone bailed on Buffalo after Ralph Wilson passed away. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but I do recall him leaving the team rubbed all the players the wrong way up there. I don't trust him as a headcoach when the tough get's going. I'd rather see Greg Olson get the interim job if that's the case.

Marrone's baggage is a legit concern.  And I get it.  You don't walk away from your team.  But I think his move was smart for him.  At anyrate, I don't think I like Olsen as HC.  He seems to be in the vein of a Gus Bradley.  That's just my perception of it.  I'm not sure why the heck the offensive play calling all of a sudden looks like it did under Jed Fish, but it does now.  And that's a bad look for the OC.

Marrone may very well be a stop gap.  But I think for continuity, promoting Marrone for the time being may be a good idea.  And adding Roman make sense to me.  If Marrone doesn't work out, we got Roman that we've kicked the tires on as OC.  He could very well be the one that winds up with the job in 2017.
Quote:Both teams did a great job sticking it to ARob. I get the feeling Allen Robinson is only going to put up with that for so long. Get him on track again, and I'm sure the offense will take right back off where it was. I also feel like the Ivory loss really effected this team as he had become a major part of the gameplan this preseason. Simply put, firing Oley is NOT the answer.

As for Gus, I'm giving him a few more games to show something. The defense is brand new and may take more than two games to jell, but at this point the defense doesn't appear any better than what we've had over the past few years.

The Ivory loss hurt us.  I'll concede that.  However...  Would you not say that this offense, in terms of the parts is the same as last year?  Ivory going down was a blow, but it should have been an injury that we could very easily over-come because we didn't have him last year.  I think it's too easy to give Olsen a pass because of the Ivory Injury...

Next...  It seems like we have tried to make it a point to feed Lee the ball.  Have you noticed this too?  If we can run plays designed for Lee, we should be able to feed AR15 and Hurns as well.  It boggles my mind that AR15 has been pretty much non-existant on the offense.  That also falls on the OC, in my opinion.  

The team just looks like they have taken a step back.  All around.