Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Donald Trump to run for president
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
As if the GOP debates were not going to be circuses already....

[Image: 635700530591125778-EPA-USA-ELECTIONS-TRU...CEMENT.jpg]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/polit.../28782433/

The announcement was quite entertaining.  He knows how to put on a show.  He'll be a thorn in the side of pretty much everyone in the race, but particularly Jeb.  For some reason, he has a real thing for going after Jeb. 

He's pretty much the Ross Perot of this generation.  He won't be beholding to anyone because he's self financing his campaign.  Should be a hoot to watch.

I think he's just trying to change Jon Stewart's mind about retiring.

Quote:I think he's just trying to change Jon Stewart's mind about retiring.

Tonight's show will be terrific I bet
2016 is shaping up to be one of the worst election years ever. I wouldn't be surprised to see a good bit of the population sit this one out.
Quote:2016 is shaping up to be one of the worst election years ever. I wouldn't be surprised to see a good bit of the population sit this one out.

So far, I can't find the motivation to vote for any of the current Presidential candidates.  

They're a bunch of wackos, or incompetents, or thieves.  

Trump?   This is just more self-promotion.   Actually, for most of these candidates, it's not about winning the Presidency, it's about getting higher speaking fees, or getting a regular spot on Fox News Channel, or using their PAC money to finance a family trip to Washington, like Palin did a couple of years ago.  Or sometimes, it's about courting a billionaire backer who can finance an improved lifestyle.  

This is the most disgraceful, corrupt bunch of candidates I've ever seen. 

I guess there are other races that will pull me into the voting booth.  

I just hope that during the Republican debates they ask all the candidates whether they believe in evolution and see how many are willing to admit that they believe in evolution.     And then during the democratic debates ask them some questions that force them to exhibit some basic understanding of how the economy works.  

But I will bet the news media will fail in both those regards, because they don't really care.   They just want to know if the candidate knows the price of a gallon of milk, and if they don't, they'll get crucified like George H W Bush (Bush '41).   Or did they look at their watch or did they roll their eyes (Gore). 

The news media is a joke.   They have no understanding of the issues.   They'll just ask a bunch of stupid questions and hope for a gaffe.  

Yeah. 

He's electable. 

[Image: trumphair.jpg]

What a joke this tool is. 

Donald trump, the Sarah Palin of 2016
Quote:So far, I can't find the motivation to vote for any of the current Presidential candidates.  

Trump?   This is just more self-promotion.   Actually, for most of these candidates, it's not about winning the Presidency, it's about getting higher speaking fees, or getting a regular spot on Fox News Channel, or using their PAC money to finance a family trip to Washington, like Palin did a couple of years ago.  Or sometimes, it's about courting a billionaire backer who can finance an improved lifestyle.  

I just hope that during the Republican debates they ask all the candidates whether they believe in evolution and see how many are willing to admit that they believe in evolution.     And then during the democratic debates ask them some questions that force them to exhibit some basic understanding of how the economy works.  

But I will bet the news media will fail in both those regards, because they don't really care.   They just want to know if the candidate knows the price of a gallon of milk, and if they don't, they'll get crucified like George H W Bush (Bush '41).   Or did they look at their watch or did they roll their eyes (Gore). 

The news media is a joke.   They have no understanding of the issues.   They'll just ask a bunch of stupid questions and hope for a gaffe.  

Because that's a real burning issue in this country today.

You say the news media is a joke, and then you pose a question you would like asked as if this is where time should be spent vetting candidates.

At least you're willing to ask a serious question of democrats.  They're usually the ones getting lobbed the softballs by the media, and when necessary, the ones who get the Crowley save when they realize their guy is in trouble over a specific question. 

It's pretty well established at this point that the media is not going to have an opportunity to properly question Clinton before the debates arrive, and based on their track record in the past when it comes to hitting democrats hard in these controlled environments, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything beyond stuff like "Madame Secretary, who tailors your pantsuits?  And if you're not going to go gray in office, can I get the bottle number for your hair color?"

I honestly don't care about the social issues.  Tell me how you're going to fix an economy that's been sputtering along for 6 years?  How are you going to address the botched ObamaCare law?  How are you going to deal with illegals in this country?  Will you rule by royal decree like the current administration, or will you revert to a traditional role and actually work with congress to get meaningful legislation?  What steps are you going to take to restore transparency in government?  How are you going to address government intrusion into our lives in the name of national security?  You know, actual questions that are relevant to the world today.. 

It would be great to see the media take their role seriously, but after abdicating that job over the past 7 years with a few exceptions, I'm not holding my breath for a proper vetting of the candidates, especially if they happen to have a D after their name. 

I don't think this is the worst group of candidates we've ever seen.  I actually think that on the republican side it's a very diverse, interesting mix that will include a lot of experience from former governors to legislators who are articulate and capable leaders.  Trump may be a fringe guy, but if you listened to his announcement today, it's hard to punch holes in most of the items he addressed.  Sure, he rambled on at times, but he wasn't reading words crafted by someone else off a teleprompter.  It was raw and completely Trump.  Do I think he has a chance?  Not at all.  But, he'll bring an interesting thing to the table as a non-politician who isn't beholding to anyone other than himself and his core principles.  We could do far worse. 

I do agree that on the democrat side, it's shocking just how weak the bench is when Hillary is the presumed nominee, and the only people willing to throw their names in the hat are a crazy uncle and some guy who was an unaccomplished governor who wants to be a rock star.  I guess when you're trying to replace the standard bearer who happens to be an empty suit, this is as good as it gets. 
Quote:Donald trump, the Sarah Palin of 2016
I'm not even sure what that means exactly, but I'm sure you thought it was clever.
Donald running again? This should be fun.

*grabs popcorn*

Did he ever pay back his debtors after filing bankruptcy? Just wondering, but I'm assuming he did. But non the less , he makes Rick Perry look credible now.

Did you hear that if he wins he wants to replace the 100 dollar bill with a photo of himself. Claiming it couldn't be forged since no one could ever duplicate his hair.

Perry, Trump, Santorum, Huckabee, Fiorina. Whew..GOP be rockin. Soooo many choices. What to do?
Quote:So far, I can't find the motivation to vote for any of the current Presidential candidates.  

Let me guess.  Because it is SO important to see if a republican candidate believes in evolution, and perhaps you are implying that republicans have some basic understanding of how the economy works, but democrats don't.

Do I win?
Quote:Donald trump, the Sarah Palin of 2016

Quote:I'm not even sure what that means exactly, but I'm sure you thought it was clever.

Maybe he meant Sara Lee. So when the Donald is asked about helping those in need he would reply...let them eat cake.
Quote:Let me guess.  Because it is SO important to see if a republican candidate believes in evolution, and perhaps you are implying that republicans have some basic understanding of how the economy works, but democrats don't.

Do I win?

Clearly...with the current batch of candidates...who could deny we evolved from apes? Just changed the word baboon to buffoon.
Quote:I'm not even sure what that means exactly, but I'm sure you thought it was clever.

While Trump will never get as far as a real VP nod like Palin - the apparent common thread is that he'll be a distraction to a certain sect of right wing voters from viable Republican candidates.  Then - when he does endorse a candidate after being eliminated from relevancy in the election - he'll only detract from that candidate's viability in the eyes of informed potential voters. 

Too many well informed conservative and moderate voters already consider him a joke. Just like many did Palin. 
Quote:Too many well informed conservative and moderate voters already consider him a joke. Just like many did Palin. 
Yeah, but on the flip side, think of how much fun a Clinton/Trump debate would be  :woot:
Quote:Yeah, but on the flip side, think of how much fun a Clinton/Trump debate would be  :woot:
Haha!  

Would be EPIC.  To say the least.  SNL would have a field day.  Probably will just from the candidacy. 
Quote:Let me guess.  Because it is SO important to see if a republican candidate believes in evolution, and perhaps you are implying that republicans have some basic understanding of how the economy works, but democrats don't.

Do I win?

To paraphrase Hoosiers---You go out and give 110% every night, in my book that makes you a winner.  

You know, the basic point is that the media stinks.  They will let politicians say they are for small businesses, but never push them on what policies would drive small business.  For example, the whole TPP thing would benefit multinationals that have access to cheap global labor which in turn creates an advantage in terms of pricing and margins compared to national businesses that apportion payroll and property here in the USA.  

I don't think the media even has a good idea of how small business economics works...  Actually, they probably just don't care anymore.  
At first I thought what a joke, but then I thought you know he brings something the others dont would it be a total shock if he won?

It'll be fun to watch either way.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17