Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The final days of Bradley in Jacksonville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Three weeks away from the last game of Gus Bradley coaching the Jaguars.

Maybe it's his fault the players have not developed. Maybe it's not his fault and was just given bad players to develop.

Either way, a change is needed.

Today was a microcosm of Bradley's tenure here.

Missed tackles everywhere. Almost no pass rush. Dropped passes. Poor blocking.

The team literally does nothing well.

Gus Gone.

Quote:Three weeks away from the last game of Gus Bradley coaching the Jaguars.

Maybe it's his fault the players have not developed. Maybe it's not his fault and was just given bad players to develop.

Either way, a change is needed.

Today was a microcosm of Bradley's tenure here.

Missed tackles everywhere. Almost no pass rush. Dropped passes. Poor blocking.

The team literally does nothing well.

Gus Gone.
Man I hope you're right...I just hope they find a professional leader to build this franchise.
They need to fire Caldwell poor drafting
Almost no pass rush? Bradley will be here. I'm not saying it's the right call...but it's the one we are going to make
Quote:Almost no pass rush? Bradley will be here. I'm not saying it's the right call...but it's the one we are going to make

Sacks are not indicative of a pass rush. Too many games (like today), we had QB's that just sit back there and do whatever they want.
Bradley deserves 3 years, they guy has 7 rookies on offense and a RB who was a QB two years ago

He needs players and young players to get better 

I seriously doubt Bradley is going anywhere.
Quote:Sacks are not indicative of a pass rush. Too many games (like today), we had QB's that just sit back there and do whatever they want.
They only passed the ball 19 times and prob only called 22 pass plays, what are you talking about, they are a running team, your acting like he dropped back to pass 40 times and never got touched, pass rush wasnt great today but it wasnt that bad, we got beat because we couldnt stop the run or do anything on offense in the 2nd half

I think we were still a bit hungover from that big victory last week.  The attention to detail was missing today.

This offense is soooooo young there is no way they can gel in 1 season (w/ injuries factored into the WR group).  That said, drops by Cecil and C. Harbor were inexcusable.

The full staff gets another year.   I'm ok with that.

I saw a young team getting better. They looked like an NFL team, and if the O-Line would block and the receivers caught the ball we would have a really good team. 

I doubt Bradley is gone at the end of this season, but I think his dead weight coordinators will be. 

Quote:I saw a young team getting better. They looked like an NFL team, and if the O-Line would block and the receivers caught the ball we would have a really good team. 
Thank you Oehser
Quote:They only passed the ball 19 times and prob only called 22 pass plays, what are you talking about, they are a running team, your acting like he dropped back to pass 40 times and never got touched, pass rush wasnt great today but it wasnt that bad, we got beat because we couldnt stop the run or do anything on offense in the 2nd half

Yeah, the missed tackles really killed us today, as did the lack of a solid running threat and some key misses in important situations.
Quote:I saw a young team getting better. They looked like an NFL team, and if the O-Line would block and the receivers caught the ball we would have a really good team. 

[Image: 54b3e46b_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg]
Other than the interception, lack of running game, dropped passes, missed blocks, lack of pass rush, dropped INT and missed tackles I thought the team played well.

If you want to keep working here, stay off the drugs.
I've been a Gus fan all along but you look at what Jeff Fisher has done in St. Louis and wonder if we couldn't be getting more out of these guys.  

Quote:Thank you Oehser

Eh, today was all about player execution. I thought the playcalling was solid. Execution could either be on the young (or mediocre experienced) players or the weekly preparation. I'm going to assume it was more the players today.
Quote:Eh, today was all about player execution. I thought the playcalling was solid. Execution could either be on the young (or mediocre experienced) players or the weekly preparation. I'm going to assume it was more the players today.

It is the same problems we have seen since Day 1 of the Bradley era.
Quote:I've been a Gus fan all along but you look at what Jeff Fisher has done in St. Louis and wonder if we couldn't be getting more out of these guys.

This is a valid point (except for saying anything positive about fisher). Our staff is definitely learning at the same time as our players. I'm hoping the pain is only short term. We'll see.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18